Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Waggon and Horses - South Reston

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Waggon and Horses - South Reston Empty Waggon and Horses - South Reston

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 08 May 2012, 11:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The site i situated in the middle of Louth and Alford and very near to the Coast and lots of local attractions without the noise that comes with them.

We arrived again on a Friday night, we were camping with friends and they had saved us a pitch with an EHU next to them, this is a very quiet site and apart from a couple of passing caravans we were the only one's there all weekend, first thoughts, this is quiet oh no Shocked

We set up and Helen headed over to the pub to notify them of our arrival, all very laid back we were told ok, discussion over price for pitch then per person plus EHU ensued followed by, oh just give us £40 for the 3 nights the same as we told your friends.

The campsite appears to be very much an after thought and appears to be purely there to make a few extra quid on the side.

So what are you all thinking so far? This is going to be awful, just like we were.

It was however totally the opposite, the toilet facilities are in fact the pub toilets and accessable from the side door, very clean and bright, don't go toddling off to them in your pants and dressing gown until the pub is shut affraid .

They have a single shower behind the pub, clean and hot, only one so if they do get busy there may be a wait. Only problem I found was with water pressure, it can drop which isn't great with a face full of suds and the water getting hotter.

The camping field is quite large and has I think 3 hookup points with 4 sockets on each. A water disposal point and fresh water tap. These are next to what we couldn't decide as being either an old toilet and shower block or maybe a new block under current construction, it is built into an existing garage building but the brickwork looks quite new. The pub doubles as the village shop and you can go in for basic groceries, newspapers, drinks etc.

Next door is a motorhome business which sells bottled gas which would have come in useful had I not bought a new bottle before leaving as it appears both of my bottles were empty.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So I think we have another lovely site for those who want a quiet trip away, nothing special but clean tidy and cheap.

But.... For those who are interested.

On the final night we decided to use the pub.

The staff and the locals are all very friendly, the pub is a very old looking traditional pub, real fires.

The food is amazing, cheap but of very high quality. For a pub in the middle of nowhere it gets busy and recommended you book especially for Sunday lunch.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Waggon and Horses - South Reston Empty Re: Waggon and Horses - South Reston

Post by Helen Tue 08 May 2012, 11:31 am

Great review Shaun, sounds like my kind of site Waggon and Horses - South Reston 184121345
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 08 May 2012, 11:37 am

Yes but once again the weather wasn't great so no awning.

Maybe next week when I will be at Fakenham Campsite lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 9:11 am