Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+7
bgarston
Nick
mike
Helen
The Admiral
SpecialK
MrsG
11 posters

Favourite Campsite.....Ever!

MrsG
    MrsG

Favourite Campsite.....Ever! Empty Favourite Campsite.....Ever!

Post by MrsG Tue 05 Jun 2012, 10:45 pm

Does anyone have a favorite campsite ever, that they would go back to time and time again?

I am a relatively new camper having only really started since I married Ben. Before that my parents tended to take me abroad....to such an extent I had hardly explored my own country! I have enjoyed joining the C&CC and just working my way through the book as a way to explore the UK. There will come a stage when I will have 'done them all' so to speak and will have no choice but to look further afield!

I enjoy the Tavistock C&CC site in Dartmoor and could definitely go there again and again with no issues. Such happy newbie camping memories to remember there. In the fullness of time I am sure other parts of the country and indeed the sites will steal my heart Smile
    SpecialK
    SpecialK

Favourite Campsite.....Ever! Empty Re: Favourite Campsite.....Ever!

Post by SpecialK Tue 05 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

I personally have a lot of happy memories of camping from when I was a child.
    One of my fav sites from when I was a kiddie was Keswick C&CC up in the Lake District where we would hike, canoe and sail. The landscapes and views are beautiful, however it does get rather busy and lots of families (with noisy children/ dogs!) do tend to book up there.

I don't know about sites which I've visited in more recent times... I think I'm still deciding whilst visiting more and more.

K
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:13 pm

Our favourite site is definitely The Old Oaks at Glastonbury, we go back there at least once every year, usually in September. The facilities are immaculate, the owners and wardens very friendly, and they serve home made cakes in the site shop that are to die for Favourite Campsite.....Ever! 1710857839
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:25 pm

We like both Woodhall and Trentfield and will go back to both time and time again Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] going for a week at the end of june
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:41 pm

The Admiral wrote:Our favourite site is definitely The Old Oaks at Glastonbury, we go back there at least once every year, usually in September. The facilities are immaculate, the owners and wardens very friendly, and they serve home made cakes in the site shop that are to die for Favourite Campsite.....Ever! 1710857839

Jayne, this sounds awesome! And as an added bonus, Glastonbury is only about an hour away for Ben & I.....perfect for a sneaky weekend get away!

Will definitely have to try it at some point Cool
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:44 pm

mike wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] going for a week at the end of june

Mike, this sounds right up our street aswell...all these recommendations are making us spoilt for choice...looking forward to branching out from C&CC at some point when I feel really brave!
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:55 pm

hmmm this is a tough one i am going for Petwood Caravan Park in Woodhall Spa as everything is so accessible
    bgarston
    bgarston

Post by bgarston Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:01 pm

NickB wrote:hmmm this is a tough one i am going for Petwood Caravan Park in Woodhall Spa as everything is so accessible

Thats brilliant to hear that as we are going there on Friday! ;-)
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:38 am

NickB wrote:hmmm this is a tough one i am going for Petwood Caravan Park in Woodhall Spa as everything is so accessible

Nick, I have to agree with you on this one...I loved the site and thought it was a fab choice for the Birthday meet. The facilities were awesome and we were very comfortable on the site cheers
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

Hi all.
    Desmond Designer has been to Glastonbury festival, think that is where most of his grubbiness came from.
    We are hoping to try some quiet sites in the next month or so,
    Any suggestions for the North East or Scotland?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 16 Jun 2012, 9:18 pm

This may give you some idea's, owd lads write up is great for information

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Sun 17 Jun 2012, 2:45 pm

The Scotland info is great, good to hear it from somebody with a Dandy.
    I think that we will start at Berwick, and just keep driving until we find each of the sites, and give it a go. Thanks for the help.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 17 Jun 2012, 6:56 pm

abc 5575

Not really into Lucie's best ever campsites but used a perfectly serviceable campsite Nr Edinburgh. One near the centre of Fort August that is quite nice and Fort Augustus is a reasonable blend of twee and reasonable evening entertainment.

If your considering going far enough into Scotland I must recommend Applecross though. The quick route there is marked as unsuitable for caravans but I've towed a 6 sized trailer tent up there.

If you read Trip Advisor you would be more likely to drill a new hole in your head rather than go but do the people on rip Advisor like anywhere?
    Admittedly not over impressed when speaking to staff from Latvia and Slovakia but many hotels have done this and extra shower cubicles wouldn't be refused but the all over experience is well worth it.
    If you can time your arrival for a suitable point in the day the nearby (10/12 miles is nearby round here) Kishorn Seafood Bar provides excellent very fresh seafood. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Not cheap enough for everyday dining but worth it as a treat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If it's more than 3 weeks from now take locals advice if you can get it but other than that, TAKE MIDGE REPELLANT!
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 17 Jun 2012, 7:24 pm

abc5575 wrote:Hi all.
    Desmond Designer has been to Glastonbury festival, think that is where most of his grubbiness came from.
    We are hoping to try some quiet sites in the next month or so,
    Any suggestions for the North East or Scotland?

nick and i really deliberated on our favourite sites and yes it is petwood,
    but locally for us as well you, being in tyneside
    our go to sites are
    doe park nr barnard castle
    belford northumberland
    and wellhouse farm nr corbridge

and finchale abbey another good one but adults only so ok for us but not for those who want to take kids unfortunately
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Sun 17 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

We classify 'our favourite sites' according to the dog walking facilities. We had two lurchers for 15 years and Thorney lakes and caravan park has dog walks all round their fields, lovely place.
    Also Cofton country holiday park which has great dog walking facilities, including a ten-acre field and woods.
    We spent 10 days in Norfolk some years back and the site 'Pine view caravan park' near Holt, was lovely but the weather was so hot that we couldn't leave the dogs in the car so all my stately home visits were cancelled.
    abc5575

Post by abc5575 Sun 17 Jun 2012, 10:13 pm

Thanks for the video Tow Itch, must admit, I think that i would have to be sedated on that road.
    I don't get travel sick, but when we go away i wear sunglasses with elastoplast taped to the inside, so that i can't see out, then a wrap around pair on top, as I don't like to see traffic merging on my side. I think it is because I do not drive.lol

Vicky. I love Belford, used to have friends that lived there, but we haven't camped there.
    I think that we have stayed at Wellhouse.

Coal Houses Farm at Broomhill, just beside Amble is nice, they do have EHU bot we normally don't bother.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:47 pm