Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Porta potti or no Porta potti?

commerchris
commerchris

Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 Empty Re: Porta potti or no Porta potti?

Post by commerchris on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:17 pm

I love my porta loo ! wouldn't be with out it! I am lucky just pull into a lay by & jump in the back of the van doesn't get any more convenient than that! tea tree oil makes the world of difference & no no.2's
MrsG
MrsG

Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 Empty Re: Porta potti or no Porta potti?

Post by MrsG on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

So I concede, the general consensus is pro porta pottis. I may have to expand my horizons a little for when my bladder becomes less able or I am unable to make it there....

In the meantime, I am happy to walk to the lovely toilet blocks even in the middle of the night. Because when I'm tired, even if there is a party outside of the tent or indeed I have just walked to the loo, nothing will stop me sleeping or getting back to sleep. This princess needs her rest! queen queen
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:15 pm

We also wouldn't be without ours, we camp at a lot of festivals and rallies, at these it is essential. affraid

I won't mention the other reasons going through my mind. lol!
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:58 pm

commerchris wrote:I love my porta loo ! wouldn't be with out it! I am lucky just pull into a lay by & jump in the back of the van doesn't get any more convenient than that! tea tree oil makes the world of difference & no no.2's

Like wise, a campervan is very useful, especially when combined with a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
commerchris
commerchris

Post by commerchris on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

sounds like an awful contraption I won't be trying ! I did a bit of research before coming to that conclusion! also previous health issues came in to consideration!
abc5575

Post by abc5575 on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:58 pm

Hi all.
We have always camped on sites were own sanitation is essential, farms etc, so it isn't so much as if but what portapotti.
Have had some bad ones, even when they were expensive. Couple of years ago we bought a campingaz toilet, and it leaked from day one.
we had bought it when out camping,luckily we still had the old one with us, so it was ok.
Now that we are starting again, looking for a tallish Thetford, like the 165 model.
I always use a couple of drops of Zoflora in the flush tank. Lovely scent of Spring bloosom.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

abc5575 wrote:Hi all.
We have always camped on sites were own sanitation is essential, farms etc, so it isn't so much as if but what portapotti.
Have had some bad ones, even when they were expensive. Couple of years ago we bought a campingaz toilet, and it leaked from day one.
we had bought it when out camping,luckily we still had the old one with us, so it was ok.
Now that we are starting again, looking for a tallish Thetford, like the 165 model.
I always use a couple of drops of Zoflora in the flush tank. Lovely scent of Spring bloosom.

Ours is the taller Thetford one, we've had it a number of years now, it's never leaked or done anything it shouldn't, it was more expensive at the time, but well worth it in the long run. Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 3498837457

MrsG and Ben, when are you ordering yours? lol!
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:12 pm

cazz wrote:
abc5575 wrote:Hi all.

Ours is the taller Thetford one, we've had it a number of years now, it's never leaked or done anything it shouldn't, it was more expensive at the time, but well worth it in the long run. Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 3498837457

MrsG and Ben, when are you ordering yours? lol!

We have just acquired the 265 model. We haven't given it a full test run yet!!! lol!
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:15 pm

Phoenix wrote: We have just acquired the 265 model. We haven't given it a full test run yet!!! lol!

We normally like pics, but not this time please. affraid
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:19 pm

cazz wrote:
Phoenix wrote: We have just acquired the 265 model. We haven't given it a full test run yet!!! lol!

We normally like pics, but not this time please. affraid

Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 3462454224 Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 3462454224
abc5575

Post by abc5575 on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:52 pm

Hi all.
When we first started camping, 6 years ago, we got the Thetford 165, I am sure that it had a maroon lid, but O/H can't remember this. We would like a tallish one, as he is over 6ft, I am ok just 5ft.
I have been looking online at them today. Wouldn't mind buying second hand, if seals are ok.

I don't know how to put pics on yet.
abc5575

Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 Empty TOILET

Post by abc5575 on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 7:42 pm

Hi all.
I have ordered a toilet today. It is a Dometic 966. It is the right height for O/H, though he isn't quite chuffed that is hasn't got a spout to empty it from. Crying or Very sad
It cost 45.00 including vat and delivery. Ordered it on Amazon.
Hoping to take Desmond out soon.
commerchris
commerchris

Post by commerchris on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:09 pm

I inherited a wooden painted box which you put the porta loo on top of it makes it taller!
It doesnt slide off as it sort of sits inside this raised box Iirc it can be used either way up
giving adjustable height......
I could post a pic but I wont!
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:38 pm

Just of the box but that sounds like a good Idea instead of hearing ahhhh oh! when they have finally landed as my six is a low sided so the box sounds as it would cure the problem Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 2170595768
commerchris
commerchris

Post by commerchris on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:30 am

any one handy with diy should be able to knock one up
excuse the state of it its in the corner in storage I think I best give it another clean & a lick of paint Embarassed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
clydestyle

Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 Empty Hi

Post by clydestyle on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:27 pm

We have a "pee pee" bucket!
Ha Ha!
The kids love it!!
Mikey
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:29 pm

We had one of those when we used the tents but we got posh when we got a Dandy lol!
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

slightly off topic but has anyone read the Tent, the Bucket and me? fab book which gives great stories of camping in the 70s

i highly recommend it for a very good laugh Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 8:35 pm

Thanks Eilis ...... I could do with a good laugh so will look for it to download Porta potti or no Porta potti? - Page 2 184121345
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:08 am

Eilis wrote:
slightly off topic but has anyone read the Tent, the Bucket and me? fab book which gives great stories of camping in the 70s

i highly recommend it for a very good laugh Smile

who's it by ? think will try amazon thank's flower
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 7:03 am

it's by emma kennedy and there is a kindle version if you have one x
MrsG
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 7:16 am

I do....I am going to get the kindle version....ben will wonder why I am laughing like a hyena on holiday no doubt!
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 5:47 pm

Just bought a porta potti but not sure what model it is.

On the bottom it has the following

Thetford

Model: MOBIL TOILET INT

No 3517168

Any ideas so I can find the instructions?
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 5:51 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:Just bought a porta potti but not sure what model it is.

On the bottom it has the following

Thetford

Model: MOBIL TOILET INT

No 3517168

Any ideas so I can find the instructions?

Ok I think it might be a 135
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:15 pm

Tried the numbers on Thetfords site no joy.
Looked at the product manual numbers also no joy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A Google images search on Thetford chemical toilets and see if any of the images look like yours?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 10 Aug 2020, 1:40 am