Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Actual woodhall meet thread

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Actual woodhall meet thread

Post by mike on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 6:44 am

Think every one was full of high spirit last night,be interesting to see if they still are after the return of the wind last night lol! its changed direction and is straight on to the side of my dandy,pleased i put the awning on,others may have been in worse but that was the strongest winds i have dandy'd in.

mike
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 7:00 am

The Admiral wrote:Actually got a good 3G signal on 3 on the iPad so Nigel is watching the football.

Must retract my first statement about 3 it isnt showing a very good signal but is working great.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 7:02 am

11 dandys and a vw camper most members still in bed i think affraid
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:05 am

I'm awake, Johns still snoring Laughing

It is lovely seeing all of the Dandy's together and meeting new people, I've got my camera and taken pictures but haven't brought my lead to upload the pics Rolling Eyes I'll do it as soon as we are home though. Very Happy

Last night was very windy affraid
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:21 am

It's windy because we're here, lol. We are well experienced at camping in the wind, it's our second most windy Dandy camp, and about the sixth or so overall camping experience. affraid

The gusts last night were strong, we've had a whole weekend with continuous wind as strong as last nights gusts, and a weekend with much stronger gusts, so much so there was a weather warning put out. What a Face

No wonder we've had the campervan awning damaged so many times. lol!
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:57 am

Thanks for putting the pics up, Shaun. Very Happy

Seeing the wind on Mikes awning, has made us realise we have the most expensive wind break ever. lol!
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:11 am

I'm happily sat behind a natural windbreak luckily
commerchris
commerchris

Post by commerchris on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:24 am

I have posted some pics on Commervanfan to show The Colonels relatives off hope you don't mind.
You have truly inspired me Thanks for the pic's flower
MrsG
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

An awesome presentation from the fire safety officer, life saving information and advice.

Even better he is a camper himself so he is well aware of the challenges we face Laughing
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

Off to the shops, keep sending John and Mike but they always forget something Twisted Evil
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

Helen wrote:Off to the shops, keep sending John and Mike but they always forget something Twisted Evil

yummy get me some lovliness for when i arrive tomorrow lol x
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 4:05 pm

Helen wrote:Off to the shops, keep sending John and Mike but they always forget something Twisted Evil

Or do we just want to keep getting away for some peace and quiet Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:11 am

Last morning for us,sun shinning no wind like the day we arrive,still its been great, met some old friends put new faces to names,every one joined in to help each dandy get erected in the wind,haven't checked the lottery yet but pretty sure it will be back to the real world.

mike
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:39 am

Last day for us too, mike are you aware of the 10k road race? The road is closed from 10, we have been told we can stay on pitch till 2.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:54 am

ShaunJUK wrote:Last day for us too, mike are you aware of the 10k road race? The road is closed from 10, we have been told we can stay on pitch till 2.

Had seen the race sign but didn't know the road was closed
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

Made it home,unpacked the dandy and got the shopping done,they where closing the site entrance at 10 am for the race so pleased we got away before that.It was really nice to meet Ben and Lucie,although Ben isn't as tall as i thought from the pictures so i could have flirting with Lucie all this time Very Happy only got to say hello and goodby to specialk thats a definite sign of senility on my part,Kevin (towhitch) joined us hope he can make more get togethers great fun.
Terry and April well i think it has to be mandatory for them to attend our meets :lol!:Shaun sorted a very interesting and educational talk for us from the fire safety officer,we all know the dangers of co fumes but the speed and way they work is frightening.
Jake had to come on his own as his wife was unwell hope she is feeling better soon,interesting life that man,Jayne (admiral) now has an awning so can take more junk camping Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 3208163979 Matt (vessey)had his first night in a dandy and said he liked it,Eillis came with her brother Chris and his girlfriend carol nice to get her back under pvc affraid ,Whats her name was there with Wayne or yes cazz thats it,you will see by the pictures they added a bit of nostalgia and class with there car and dandy,and poor old Helen spent all her time cooking breakfasts for John Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 1705467399 Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 1705467399 Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 1705467399 Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 1705467399
All in all had a great time with some very nice people re read this and dont think i missed any one but if i did sorry.

ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:39 pm

Lunch eaten and dandy is back out for modifications.

Lots of hints and tips picked up over the weekend, roof is polished, roof strings replaced with bungees, awning bar to be fitted for privacy curtains like Minnie.

Look forward to future meets

Shaun
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:43 pm

Very good time had by all here & we are returning next weekend...I think it was the best weather to test a Dandy in for the first time as you can really see how good they are

Thanks to Mike & John for coming over to help get my Dandy up & thanks to Kevin & Mike for the straps etc. lent to keep my roof from blowing off...

John helped lower the Dandy just in time for the road closure so we managed to get on our way quicker & hopefully after a few attempts ill be getting the Dandy up in minutes not hours

Hope Nick & Vickoir have a good week...Ill be setting off to sample the weather in the south at 5pm
Ben_Rach01
Ben_Rach01

Post by Ben_Rach01 on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

Hope everyone had a good time! Hopefully we will be able to come along to a meet sometime Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:00 pm

Ben_Rach01 wrote:Hope everyone had a good time! Hopefully we will be able to come along to a meet sometime Smile

We certainly tested them in wind Very Happy would be nice to see you there
MrsG
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:57 pm

Just got home after leaving at 2pm this afternoon. Took a small stop off for refuelling (food) and then cracked on. It was a long drive but we enjoyed it as it was scenic....we will definitely be back to this part of the country and indeed Petwood Park, a lovely site.

What an awesome weekend, was so nice to meet likeminded true Dandy lovers. The admins intended to keep the meet informal and this worked a treat. We all felt so at ease there and gelled together as a group.

Everyone was incredibly welcoming and not at all cliquey, all three of us felt so relaxed mingling with everyone in the group. As I have said before, this whole forum is a credit to the hard work of the admins - A truly special Dandy forum for Dandy enthusiasts - Thank you.

P.S. Mike, you know my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and so you can flirt with me annnnnny time.....but no declarations of love please Wink Wink Wink Wink

Last edited by MrsG on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:03 pm

Got back home about 4:00 after a brilliant weekend. Many thanks again to all those who helped us put Minnie up (and down again this morning) and our awning yesterday. Special thanks must go to Helen & John for letting us buy ithe awning off them and at such a brilliant price, we really love it and it's going to make such a difference when we're away.

It was great meeting so many of you at last, I always think it's nice to be able to put faces to forum names. We'll definitely be there again next year and hopefully see some of you again before that.

Jayne & Nigel xx
SpecialK
SpecialK

Post by SpecialK on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

MrsG wrote:What an awesome weekend, was so nice to meet likeminded true Dandy lovers. The admins intended to keep the meet informal and this worked a treat. We all felt so at ease there and gelled together as a group.

Everyone was incredibly welcoming and not at all cliquey, all three of us felt so relaxed mingling with everyone in the group. As I have said before, this whole forum is a credit to the hard work of the admins - A true Dandy forum for Dandy enthusiasts - Thank you.

I would like to concur on this, couldn't have said it better Lucie. I loved meeting everyone and you were all so welcoming and warm. I will defo meet with you again... Big Dandy Campers fan here! Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 184121345

Thank you.
Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 115684958
K
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

Completely forgot Many Many Thanks to all the members of the forum admin team who organised it and worked so hard to make this weekend the success it was Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 1710857839 Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 1710857839 Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 1710857839

I know I speak for all the other members there when I say we all had a brilliant time and we have you guys to thank for that. Hope you get a chance to have a good rest now it's all over Actual woodhall meet thread - Page 3 3517506835

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 11 Aug 2020, 3:03 pm