Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Silicone Spray

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Silicone Spray Empty Silicone Spray

Post by Helen on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

Vicki kindly sent me some of this stuff and after struggling with the awning zips I thought I would give it a go and hey presto struggle no more......... It is fantastic, they are so easy to open now. I did think it would help a bit but was gob-smacked at the results. I also did my daughters awning zips with it but only after I let her wonder what I had done with mine for a while Silicone Spray 1208560806

It was for the roof bars to help the roof slide when erecting and it works a treat but now it's on everything including my sliding cupboard doors in the Dandy. Silicone Spray 184121345
Lol and Steve
Lol and Steve

Silicone Spray Empty Re: Silicone Spray

Post by Lol and Steve on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 10:42 pm

Can you put a picture of it on please Helen so i can see what i am looking for.

So you put it on the roof bars not on the roof itself, i usually spray polish on my roof and my awning roof, which makes things slide easier i have done that for years, but the awning zips are a pain sometimes, finding something that will cure them will be a near miracle.

lol!
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:04 pm

i accidently got some silicone spray on the hallway laminate flooring and its still slippery after 3months of cleaning it and walking on it.
Lol and Steve
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 11:08 pm

Well it sounds like it's worked a treat on Helen's zips so i will be treating myself to some of that.

lol!
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:12 am

certainly sounds like a useful piece of kit to have with you
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:45 am

Lol and Steve wrote:
Well it sounds like it's worked a treat on Helen's zips so i will be treating myself to some of that.

lol!

My zips were an absolute nightmare to open until I sprayed them with silicone spray, they are so easy to use now that I can put one finger just underneath the puller between the zip and push it up Silicone Spray 2792229418

Mine is now under the Dandy seat but this is the same type of stuff

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lol and Steve
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:52 pm

Right i will be getting some of that.

Silicone Spray 115684958 very much,
lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

This stuff is fantastic, I did use it on my sliding wardrobe doors today though and I almost sent one through the frame as they are so very easy to open now and don't need any pressure Silicone Spray 3208163979
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

I can confirm it works fantastic on the roof bars and also for replacing the roof ropes in the chanel thing. We've used it on zips in the past, amazing.

Don't get it on or near a car paint shop, they will be mad.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:56 am

Also be very careful not to get it on wooden or laminate floors as it really doe's make them slippy affraid
Unless you really want to go and clean the mother in laws floor for her lol!
stephanie

Silicone Spray Empty silcone spray

Post by stephanie on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

Just stumbled across this post - wish I had found it before yesterday. Haven't got time to go shopping now but will use the spray tent polish. Helen you sound a really practical, resourceful person. thanks for the info.
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:29 am

Oh so you put it on the roof bars then, good job I re read this thread as I bought some on Friday from Halfirds to try out when we go to Buxton today.
peridot
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:15 pm

Of all the brilliant tips I've picked up from this wonderful forum, this is by far the best.

With family otherwise engaged on Friday night, I took the Destiny to a fairly local site to do a couple of jobs before they could join me on Saturday.

Since getting the larger unit we've struggled a bit with the size and weight of the roof when erecting it and I wasn't particularly looking forward to attempting it on my own. However I had given it a clean last week and used silicone spray on the inside of the roof PVC and what a difference it made!

I had no trouble at all putting the Dandy up myself - a quick flick and the roof just glided into place and could be easily adjusted.

I'd forgotten all the other uses that are mentioned in the thread so look forward to similar success there.

I think a bottle of silicone spray has to be No.2 on the list of essential items for any Dandy owner.

In fact, now that so many wine bottles have screw caps, it could possibly be No.1 Very Happy

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:26 pm

I love the stuff, we use it for all sorts now not just for the dandy ..... we have a can in the car and one in the Dandy plus one under the kitchen sink Laughing
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:06 pm

Silicone Spray cropped up this weekend. Just to clarify it's not Mr Sheen or a polish containing silicone but a pure silicone spray.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Great for the roof and the zips also a great rescue if you haven't brought waterproof leggings or a waterproof hat and it's raining. Just spray on and rub into hat and jeans.

As stated earlier there is one other use. Do you wish you had tried this Helen?

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:27 pm

Not tried it yet but I may take my old pvc Dandy awning groundsheet and spray it ...... then use it for fun to slide along on my belly like a big kid. Twisted Evil
peridot
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:50 pm

I used [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I dont know how pure it is but it certainly worked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Jan 2021, 9:30 pm