Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

New Skill?

MrsG
    MrsG

New Skill? Empty New Skill?

Post by MrsG Thu 28 Jun 2012, 6:28 pm

I'm in between courses at Uni and feel like I need to keep my mind busy &/or ticking over. Thinking of taking a 16 week course in the following -

• French
    • Spanish
    • Sign Language
    • Mac (Computers)
    • Photoshop

What do you think would be most useful? I am swaying towards French as I have a basic level of understanding and the ultimate plan is to take the Dandy over there a few times....But will this advance me vocationally? I doubt it! Do I go for pleasure or practicalities?

Hmmmmmmmmm
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

New Skill? Empty Re: New Skill?

Post by Helen Thu 28 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

Photo shop sounds like fun Very Happy

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 29 Jun 2012, 7:31 am

i've always fancied learning sign language, we do use Makaton (a signed vocabulary) at work with some children but i always think it's beautiful watching sign

the problem is with any language - signed or spoken - you have to use it regularly, or lose it (or certainly I do lol)
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Fri 29 Jun 2012, 7:57 am

I know what you mean, that's what I was thinking with French. I used to be able to speak it to a decent level and now I just remember bits and pieces....

Perhaps Photoshop is the way to go - at least its something I could use & practice regularly Shocked
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 29 Jun 2012, 8:06 am

not necessarily Lucie, if you used to be able to speak French well, the course will be a reminder and it'll all come back to you so you'll be speaking it like a native in no time Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:06 am

MrsG wrote:I'm in between courses at Uni and feel like I need to keep my mind busy &/or ticking over. Thinking of taking a 16 week course in the following -

• French
    • Spanish
    • Sign Language
    • Mac (Computers)
    • Photoshop

What do you think would be most useful? I am swaying towards French as I have a basic level of understanding and the ultimate plan is to take the Dandy over there a few times....But will this advance me vocationally? I doubt it! Do I go for pleasure or practicalities?

Hmmmmmmmmm

French could be the most use full forgotten what i learnt,photoshop is great and possibly more fun lol! but again i cant remember most of it,we could all be speaking German soon any way when the euro recovers Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:11 am