Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
navver
Cazz
mike
Tow Itch
8 posters

Awning With Zipped Sides Modified By TVS

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Awning With Zipped Sides Modified By TVS  - Page 2 Empty Re: Awning With Zipped Sides Modified By TVS

Post by mike Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:10 am

Tow Itch wrote: I think a one off with Dandys means it's the only one you have seen.
    How many one offs can we say we have seen so far:
    Insulated walls with other than white inners.
    Extended width beds on a Designer.
    Early Highside Destiny with straight corners. i.e. not threepenny bit shaped.
    All alloy Highsides with toilets.
    This awning.

Dandy on a trailer with space for a quad which i think was a factory job
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Awning With Zipped Sides Modified By TVS  - Page 2 Empty Re: Awning With Zipped Sides Modified By TVS

Post by Tow Itch Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:26 am

mike wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: I think a one off with Dandys means it's the only one you have seen.
    This awning.

Toy hauler?

You don't have a picture of that do you?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:31 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
    mike wrote:
    This awning.

Toy hauler?

You don't have a picture of that do you?

No it was sold on ebay 2 or 3 years ago
    Eyespy999

Post by Eyespy999 Tue 07 May 2013, 10:38 pm

Hi, I used my dandy discovery last weekend, I put up the sun canopy for the first time and found one side of an awning. My question is, is the sun canopy the same roof section as a awning or is it a different material? Thanks
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 08 May 2013, 12:51 am

Eyespy999 wrote:Hi, I used my dandy discovery last weekend, I put up the sun canopy for the first time and found one side of an awning. My question is, is the sun canopy the same roof section as a awning or is it a different material? Thanks

Same material. It's only one thickness of PVC not insulated like the roof of the Dandy. Is it the same section? I'd guess from observation it's within a centimetre or so of the roof of an awning.
    One side of an awning? What side, what was it attached to?
    Awning sides are not normally separate unless alterations have been made post purchase.
    Eyespy999

Post by Eyespy999 Wed 08 May 2013, 9:11 pm

It looks like its the left hand side looking at the dandy. It fitted over the awning poles with press studs but it looked like it could have gone on either side but definately not the front. I should have take a few photos of it really!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 08 May 2013, 10:04 pm

Eyespy999 wrote:It looks like its the left hand side looking at the dandy. It fitted over the awning poles with press studs but it looked like it could have gone on either side but definately not the front. I should have take a few photos of it really!

"I should have take a few photos of it really!" Very much so. I have no photos to hand to illustrate what I want to say and the only press studded piece I can think of is the door. The obvious question being where is the rest of it? Is it a proper awning with the odd bits of PVC going down to the legs at the front or a butchered awning? At the beginning of this piece you will see the rump of my zipped awning, your sun canopy should have additional pieces from the front of the canopy that attach to the ground or base of the legs. Sorry I'm unsure on this detail, I've never owned an awning.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 09 May 2013, 8:22 am

This is a an original sun canopy ..... you can see the bits covering the legs, if it doesn't have these then it is probably a butchered awning, if it has them then it's possible someone got something made up to protect from wind on one side ....... we managed to make something from an old tent with big windows but I can see why someone would get something made properly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 09 May 2013, 8:31 am

Helen wrote:This is a an original sun canopy .....

How do you get in? ... past the windbreaks I mean Question
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 09 May 2013, 8:48 am

We have one pole that when we put it in the ground we wiggle it so it's in a loose hole, one of my hairbands is then used to hold it closed to the other end pole of the next windbreak .... bit like a gate. We also uses bands to tie the windbreaks together so our dogs wouldn't be able to push through the gaps that you get when it's been battered with wind. It meant our old dog Beaux could be left off the lead without any wandering or getting tied up in Bailey's lead. We used low windbreaks so our view wasn't effected and we could still chat to people walking past Very Happy

Now the same method helps keep our granddaughter from wandering lol!
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Thu 09 May 2013, 9:38 am

Ahh ... I see what you mean in the photo ... very effective Smile

I like the dark blue windbreaks - we've never upgraded from the stripey ones. Might have to do so now that we've gone all posh with the highside Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:22 am