Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Helen
mike
creativetux
7 posters

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas?

creativetux
    creativetux

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? Empty Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas?

Post by creativetux Sun 29 Jul 2012, 9:12 am

Hey campers!

Just unpacked the awning its as per the title, seem to have a mass of poles to make up a frame. This doesn't look anything like the original Dandy awnings with the hook over poles that I had on my two other ones.

Does anyone have any info or a diagram on the frame and what goes where? Im a little puzzled as to where everything should go at the moment.

Thanks

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? Empty Re: Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas?

Post by mike Sun 29 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

creativetux wrote:Hey campers!

Just unpacked the awning its as per the title, seem to have a mass of poles to make up a frame. This doesn't look anything like the original Dandy awnings with the hook over poles that I had on my two other ones.

Does anyone have any info or a diagram on the frame and what goes where? Im a little puzzled as to where everything should go at the moment.

Thanks

It could be like a frame tent ie a complete frame that stands against the dandy,but just guessing
    creativetux
    creativetux

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? Empty Re: Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas?

Post by creativetux Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:20 am

Ok, I took the canvas and kind of matched poles up.

You were right, its like a free standing frame tent with a big doorway at the back for the campers door, above that is a PVC panel to tuck under the Dandy's roof.

I will draw up a diagram to share later tonight. But its up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 29 Jul 2012, 12:01 pm

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 1710857839 Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 3498837457 looks good
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 29 Jul 2012, 10:30 pm

Looks Brilliant, great match for the Dandy Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 1710857839 Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 1710857839 Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 1710857839
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:57 pm

Well done for constructing an awning for the first time, it's such an achievement. Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 1710857839 It also looks a good match for your Dandy. Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 184121345
    creativetux
    creativetux

Post by creativetux Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

Thankyou, working on a frame diagram for uploading as reference because I've not seen one online for this Lichfield awning.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:07 pm

Seen a few dandys on ebay with them but not many
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:14 pm

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 2170595768 that look brilliant large windows and a perfect match Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 1468157981 can't wait to hear of your adventures together Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? 2618919104
    vnuala
    vnuala

Lichfield Dandy 4/5 Awning Frame Ideas? Empty hi

Post by vnuala Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:41 am

creativetux wrote:Ok, I took the canvas and kind of matched poles up.

You were right, its like a free standing frame tent with a big doorway at the back for the campers door, above that is a PVC panel to tuck under the Dandy's roof.

I will draw up a diagram to share later tonight. But its up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    hi this is just what i am looking for ,,,can i ask where you got it from please,,,,looks fab by the way , vicky. Very Happy Very Happy
    creativetux
    creativetux

Post by creativetux Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:05 am

Hi Vicky,

It came with my camper, I know its over 20+ years old so I'm not sure. Its basically a free standard awning with a plastic flat that fits under the Dandy roof above the door.

I went to Camperlands in Northenden yesterday morning and there was plenty of similar things intended for Motorhomes and used those dome tent poles rather than those of a frame tent.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 01 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

Vicky

This may be of use. I saw this ad on eBay yesterday [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    and I was reminded that a lot of Conways are the same size as Dandys. Admittedly this is one of the larger ones.
    Dimensions for Conways can be found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and selecting option 12 Conway trailer tent sizes.
    I'm sure one will match up to you.
    The downside: There isn't a full tent frame ad the poles are meant to attach in a different manner so new pole ends would have to me sorted to provide the u section to fold ove the Dandy wall. This has been done by others and the ends could be supplied by Riva if your not practical on metal bending.
    A zip would need to be sewn into the Dandy, or a Piece of PVC that then mimicked the flap that attaches an awning on a Dandy. I'm not sue what Conway do for the flaps that seal off the under bed areas.

Have you seen what Conway awnings go for? Often for nowt and there are a lot more Conway awnings than Dandy awnings about: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this might inspire you or someone else.
    vnuala
    vnuala

Post by vnuala Mon 06 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm

Thanks for your reply Smile i managed to pick a cheap one up at the weekend from preloved (cheaper than ebay)it is similar style to yours but i think a bit smaller. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:30 pm