Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee.

Endecay
Endecay

Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee. Empty Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee.

Post by Endecay on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

Hi all,

I've been very quiet lately silent but am happy to report a great family trip away in the Dandy last week. We had the one week of terrific weather. Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee. 1208560806 Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee. 184121345

We kicked off with one night at a really well maintained and cared for site just off Jnc 13 of M5 near Gloucester - highly recommended for those of you interested (might be good for a Dandy meet???). Fantastic toilet/shower block. We were there for a friend's 40th birthday party in Cheltenham.

Thereafter, Dandy put down and re-hitched for the trip to the south coast - specifically Weymouth/Portland. Even more specifically a new Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site at Wyke Regis (Swallows Rest B+B for those in the like-to-know camp). Dandy Destiny was erected and hooked up but our disquiet grew minute-by-minute about the site (more on that in another thread about site recommendations or otherwise) and my wife phoned round others in the locality. Finally we got through to one closer to Lyme Regis and escaped Weymouth and it's burgeoning Police State (yes I know - Olympics) to get to the Rural Retreat CS at Whitchurch Canonicorum.

Lovely site - 5 nights. Superb weather. Great facilities. Even had a shoulders and neck massage from the owner who does beauty and health treatments. Bit out of the way and along single track lanes but lovely.

Will check to see whether we've got decent Dandy pics or just ones of us and family members.

Also - no rain so can't check on the annex-zip isssue we found in June.

DeeDee is now at a VW Camper van restorer/maintenance place near us to get the electrics checked out. For some reason, the hook up point is the wrong connection (i.e. a female socket rather that a male one or the other way round - suffice to say we'd need a cable with identical ends to that which fits into the hook up point). It's getting changed and then we shall be properly hooked up...
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee. Empty Re: Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee.

Post by mike on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 3:16 pm

Great to hear after your struggles to find the right one.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee. Empty Re: Second (and Third) trips trips in DeeDee.

Post by Helen on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 5:00 pm

All holiday pics are welcome, they don't have to be of Dandy's ...... just start a thread in the holiday pics area.

It's nice to hear how your getting along with your Dandy and lucky you actually having a full week of sun sunny sunny sunny I'm getting a bit worried about getting our Dandy out because even when good weather is forecast we end up with rain, the men at work ask if the dandy is out this weekend because if it is they may as well work Embarassed
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:20 pm

flower sound like you finally found a site that suits and be interested what made you move love to see the pictures as for the electric's it sounds like the ones I had to change mine for in Belgium so they might have had it set for foreign lands flower
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

I'm pleased you're enjoying DeeDee, and found a perfect site for her. Fingers crossed on the pics, we like pics. Rolling Eyes lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 10 Aug 2020, 12:35 am