Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
mike
Caz1960
Phoenix
Helen
vnuala
9 posters

dandy tyres

vnuala
vnuala

dandy tyres - Page 2 Empty Re: dandy tyres

Post by vnuala Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:59 pm

i just phoned my local tyre garage annd told them what i needed ,,they phoned me back within the hour and had got me the size i needed delivered the same day Smile just phoned them today and got a spare aswell just incase.
if you give them the size thats on the wheel they will know what it is,one of my tyres was in the old metric sizing so i have had to buy a new wheel.
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:05 pm

vnuala wrote:i just phoned my local tyre garage annd told them what i needed ,,they phoned me back within the hour and had got me the size i needed delivered the same day Smile just phoned them today and got a spare aswell just incase.
if you give them the size thats on the wheel they will know what it is,one of my tyres was in the old metric sizing so i have had to buy a new wheel.

So do I need new wheels ??? affraid
vnuala
vnuala

Post by vnuala Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:13 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:
vnuala wrote:i just phoned my local tyre garage annd told them what i needed ,,they phoned me back within the hour and had got me the size i needed delivered the same day Smile just phoned them today and got a spare aswell just incase.

i dont know igot my tyres thinking they would both fit but the wheel in the old metric style just wouldnt take the tyre Sad it said 315mms the wheel size just over 12" yours says 10 doesnt it ? so you should be ok.i have had a bit of a nightmare with my wheel but thanks to a nice man called Ben Bolt who deals in hillman imps i have 2 new wheels on their way to me this week.i have got 2 so i have a spare wheel awell. Smile
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 10 Sep 2012, 9:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Am I on the right track here?
vnuala
vnuala

Post by vnuala Mon 10 Sep 2012, 10:06 pm

they seem a good price ,,just phone them to check first if they are the right size,i am sure there must be someone on here that will be able to tell you more.I am new to all this tyre,wheel thing but in the last few weeks i have learnt all about profile,rims,ply and pcd Smile
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 10 Sep 2012, 10:10 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:
ShaunJUK wrote:

Lots of terms being crossed here I think.

Shaun

Do you mean wheels or tyres?

If your only wondering about tyres. Shaun

As far as tyres go yes The quoted radials are fine.

You could still choose Crossplys or Bias Belted tyres though both of these have disadvantages.

Why are you looking to buy new tyres? I've forgot are there any marks or problems with the tyres or are you just bothered about their age?
Did you check the age? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the final thing is to check the age of the tyres you are buying. If you are unlikely to wear out a tyre and you don't want to run a tyre more than Five, Six, Seven or Ten years old. (You choose the figure you think we should be using. several different ones quoted.) It doesn't help if you start off with a three year old tyre. Check with the retailers or say that you wont accept a tyre over x age.

Remember Vnuala has been buying different sized tyres for different sized wheels that were fitted to a different sized Dandy.
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 10 Sep 2012, 10:13 pm

My tyre walls are apparently damaged so I thought I should probably change them.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 10 Sep 2012, 10:31 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:My tyre walls are apparently damaged so I thought I should probably change them.

"apparently"? Have you seen this, did someone else identify this?

To be honest I'd guess that crossplys on an older Dandy are as old as the hills but you can always be wrong and they could have been recently fitted.

What is the apparent damage? What is the age?
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 11 Sep 2012, 6:04 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
ShaunJUK wrote:My tyre walls are apparently damaged so I thought I should probably change them.

To be honest I'd guess that crossplys on an older Dandy are as old as the hills but you can always be wrong and they could have been recently fitted.

Shaun

Sorry. I've been out and beat myself with a stick repeatedly. The above was meant to be probing questions.
I've read it again and I just seem damned rude.
So as above but with: "Have you considered" and "Please" inserted suitably.
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 11 Sep 2012, 7:47 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
Tow Itch wrote:

Shaun

Sorry. I've been out and beat myself with a stick repeatedly. The above was meant to be probing questions.
I've read it again and I just seem damned rude.
So as above but with: "Have you considered" and "Please" inserted suitably.

Ha Ha it's ok, I have only just read it anyway, the wear was noticed by Helen's uncle.

I am thinking of buying these - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seem ok for £32 each
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 11 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

Fes fine tyres but it's £32 + Fitting + Balancing (I know some insist it's not necessary for trailers but) + New Valves + Disposal Charges.

If you have any tyre fitters locally see if any have a good reputation. Not the thieving multiples but a local independent. See if any mates have opinions on the local options.
I'm lucky I have a really good tyre and exhaust place near to me. if I ring round for quotes he is nearly always the cheapest or within £5. Also there is never any grief, things are as they say they are.

Hope your re tired soon.
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:10 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Fes fine tyres but it's £32 + Fitting + Balancing (I know some insist it's not necessary for trailers but) + New Valves + Disposal Charges.

If you have any tyre fitters locally see if any have a good reputation. Not the thieving multiples but a local independent. See if any mates have opinions on the local options.
I'm lucky I have a really good tyre and exhaust place near to me. if I ring round for quotes he is nearly always the cheapest or within £5. Also there is never any grief, things are as they say they are.

Hope your re tired soon.

My uncle is the manager of the local Kwik Fit Wink

Is the size right? If it is I will get them ordered

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 26 Sep 2021, 11:36 pm