Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
jake001
abc5575
Kimmie
naedoot
Esermalda
Krist0n
beverley1232010
Keith
Phoenix
Cazz
Caz1960
carl
bilbo
Tow Itch
The Admiral
Nick
Lol and Steve
vickoir
mike
Eilis
Helen
25 posters

Grunts - Groans - Moans

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Grunts - Groans - Moans Empty Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by Helen Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

I have had one of those days so decided to add a thread for the purpose of having a good old moan or rant. Please remember this is on the open forum. I know both Eilis and I could have used this thread earlier on today. Evil or Very Mad
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Grunts - Groans - Moans Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by Eilis Wed 22 Jun 2011, 6:49 am

that's very true helen so i'll fill the guys on here in Smile yesterday was not a good day to start with, the car wouldn't start and the garage can't fit it in til friday. Now i need my car every day, not just to get to work but i work in schools and different towns around our area so this is a nightmare.

couldn't get a hire car til today so stuck at home with no transport.Thankfully my understanding boss let me rearrange my diary and take the day as annual leave as i had no alternative really.

however, the day did become more productive as i blitzed my bedroom, rearranged the furniture, hoovered, dusted, wiped and washed everything in sight - including the curtains lol

was lovely going to bed last night in my uber clean bedroom so at least something good came of the day where the universe gave me a big hint to stay at home lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 Jun 2011, 7:01 am

You may have read on the weather thread that I dropped a full tin of paint onto my garden flags that had recently been power washed. No

You wouldnt believe how much is really in a tin of paint, it was everywhere and it was raining too so that just made it worse. It sort of started of like a large lump of clotted cream and spread and the more I tried to make it better the worse it got. Did manage to sort it eventually though. Grunts - Groans - Moans 3208163979
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 22 Jun 2011, 4:42 pm

My lappy lid wont close properly, the front screen casing seemed a bit loose. I discovered the little round things were just rubber screw covers and then decided to investigate .......... the right bottom screw casing has broken and the screw will not hold so thats the problem. Good news is although lots of plastic bits fell out I am still online cheers
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 22 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

well got to the hotel where i was picking up my hire car today at 8.40 expecting to be able to drive away fairly quickly and get to work. the car actually finally turned up at 9.45!!! obviously making me late for work and by this time i was so stressed as i was meeting a junior member of staff to put together somthing for service development work.

not impressed but the car itself (an 11 plate ford fiesta) is very nice to drive and quite comfy although not driven it for long distance

needless to say i'll be emailing a complaint to Avis and expecting a reduction in price - and no, i will not accept a voucher as i have no intention of using them again lol
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:50 pm

Its that time again just got the renewal notice for my car insurance 2 year old punto protected bonus hire car £240 every year its the same chase round for cheaper insurance.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:52 pm

We got ours last week Mike and again it had gone up so we rang them to ask why and its due to a rise in claims, not by us we told them and they reduced it by £40 there and then. Evil or Very Mad
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:23 am

insurance drives me nuts as you then get harassed by companies cos you asked for a quote Mad
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:32 am

Eilis wrote:insurance drives me nuts as you then get harassed by companies cos you asked for a quote Mad

Your back cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

i dont give them a phone number and the recycle bin enjoys the mail.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:38 am

mike wrote:
    Eilis wrote:insurance drives me nuts as you then get harassed by companies cos you asked for a quote Mad

Your back cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

yep Smile are you home now?? or are you still playing with your dongle lol

so looking forward to next weekend now, getting really excited cat
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:47 am

Eilis wrote:
    mike wrote:

Yes dongle in use as we speak,should be a good meet,looking forward to finally meeting the other two reprobates (they have a reputation for trouble making) lol! just hope they fit in with us three angels Grunts - Groans - Moans 3965789718
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:54 am

mike wrote:
    Eilis wrote:
    mike wrote:

Yes dongle in use as we speak,should be a good meet,looking forward to finally meeting the other two reprobates (they have a reputation for trouble making) lol! just hope they fit in with us three angels Grunts - Groans - Moans 3965789718

why who else is going who are the repropbates??? Wink Wink
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:07 am

yeah, i know i'm an angel lol
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:11 am

taking about trouble making when i was young my mam used to say i could make trouble in an empty house Shocked
    don't know what she meant lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:27 am

New moan fuel price reductions yes moaning about reductions,before we went to Norfolk filled the car up at asda 134.7 a lit did the holiday on one tank full but needed some to come home on,Morrison in Norfolk 135.7 thought no point in messing around may as well fill up.
    Just been to asda and its 130.7 who would expect a 4p reduction in a week Grunts - Groans - Moans 9639063
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:42 am

Lanterns ........... the ones you light a small candle and they float up into the air looking very pretty.

Well they have to come down somewhere and this time it was on our ariel, lots of them landed around here last night and when you see the size of them you will understand what I mean about them being a nuisance. They don't stay up in the air forever and lets face it none of us would go around the streets throwing bin liners all over the place because that would be littering .......... but people think its okay to use these things. Suspect Not only that but the wires on them are also apparently a farmers nightmare for the injuries they cause to animals. No
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:44 am

i agree and don't like them either, people never think about where they land and they do harm animals too
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:13 am

well i'm feeling pants this morning, this cold is getting worse, not better, i have a headache and a temp and a face that feels like it's going to explode Sad

can you tell i'm feeling sorry for myself lol still have to do the housework and washing tho Sad
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

Eilis wrote:well i'm feeling pants this morning, this cold is getting worse, not better, i have a headache and a temp and a face that feels like it's going to explode Sad

can you tell i'm feeling sorry for myself lol still have to do the housework and washing tho Sad

Its probably women flue, men just deal with these things better lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:28 am

first thing tomorrow i have mandatory infection control training so i'm going to find it amusing that i'll be infecting everyone there Grunts - Groans - Moans 344726530
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:05 am

It's Friday ........... that means that at around 10.30 tonight the noise from the M60 repair work will start, we have had letters posted this week to say it's going to be noisy (its always noisy) so that tells us it's going to be worse than normal all weekend long, we actually look forward to rain at nights as they have to stop working Crying or Very sad
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:09 am

when is this nightmare gonna end Helen??

surely it's not going to be all summer?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 15 Jul 2011, 8:18 am

If it keeps raining at night probably a lot longer Grunts - Groans - Moans 2829330259

Who know's Eilis, they say a few more weeks behind our property the problem now is that they have to set up the contraflow on a Friday night so use something like a large blowtorch (lance that has a very high temp and pressure) to remove the road markings and temporary cats eyes, put new ones in place and then have to do it all again in time for Monday to minimise disruption to traffic and this is very noisy, the central reservation also has to be altered every Friday night and every Sunday night. The dust is now a problem as they dig the whole lot up Mad
    We had the dust and noise when it was being built but they only worked on it from 7am until early evening, now it all has to be redone whilst being open its worse because its all weekend day and night.
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Fri 15 Jul 2011, 1:44 pm

Hi Helen,

I think they are very, very good excuses to go camping and get away from it all.

If John doesn't work weekends that is, and if he does god help him he will be knackered with no sleep all night.

lol!
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Fri 15 Jul 2011, 6:45 pm

when they were digging the channel tunnel,my nan's windows and washing used to get covered in chalk dust,and she lived at least 4 miles from the eurotunnel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:33 am