Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
jake001
abc5575
Kimmie
naedoot
Esermalda
Krist0n
beverley1232010
Keith
Phoenix
Cazz
Caz1960
carl
bilbo
Tow Itch
The Admiral
Nick
Lol and Steve
vickoir
mike
Eilis
Helen
25 posters

Grunts - Groans - Moans

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by Nick Fri 19 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

glad your pleased with your new mobile,my phone which is getting on a bit now is 3.5G but it's still 50% quicker than our broadband Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:05 am

Motorway is still at it but at least the vibration monitors worked this time, not had time to meet with the Liason officer about the readings yet though Rolling Eyes

Nothing to do with the motorway but I sometimes wish I wasn't so soft (or stupid) and could look at all things rationally rather than let emotions get in the way.

Think I need to say NO a bit more.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:46 am

Laura hasn't been posting for a while as she has had surgery for a lump in her throat, she opted for a local and they couldn't get the lump out as they tried to get to it from under her tongue thinking it was in the gland, every time they found it the damn thing moved down and eventually they had to stop. They left a hole open under the tongue in the hope it would work it's way out but it hasn't so she is going to need more surgery this time with a general anaesthetic.
    I am sure when she is feeling better she will be back on here chatting away again and will eventually get to a meet with her Dandy.

Not much fun here at the moment with one thing and another ........... it never rains but it pours. Sad

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm

helen wrote:Laura hasn't been posting for a while as she has had surgery for a lump in her throat, she opted for a local and they couldn't get the lump out as they tried to get to it from under her tongue thinking it was in the gland, every time they found it the damn thing moved down and eventually they had to stop. They left a hole open under the tongue in the hope it would work it's way out but it hasn't so she is going to need more surgery this time with a general anaesthetic.
    I am sure when she is feeling better she will be back on here chatting away again and will eventually get to a meet with her Dandy.

Not much fun here at the moment with one thing and another ........... it never rains but it pours. Sad

goodness that sounds pretty horrific Sad

hope it's not too painful xxx
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 25 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

Eilis wrote:
    helen wrote:Laura hasn't been posting for a while as she has had surgery for a lump in her throat, she opted for a local and they couldn't get the lump out as they tried to get to it from under her tongue thinking it was in the gland, every time they found it the damn thing moved down and eventually they had to stop. They left a hole open under the tongue in the hope it would work it's way out but it hasn't so she is going to need more surgery this time with a general anaesthetic.

goodness that sounds pretty horrific Sad

hope it's not too painful xxx

Yes wish her well from Nancy and me.

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

and nick and i
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:11 pm

Us too Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 1468157981
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 25 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

Thanks,I will pass on your good wishes. She is taking lots of antibiotics at the moment and is feeling pretty rough but getting better until next time Shocked .

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 115684958
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 27 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

My apologise to any members i gave my new phone number to please erase it,got a nice little contract from virgin with a 14 day cooling down window,so added 5gb of internet allowance,now this is over and above the contract,so decided today to cancel the extra within the 14 days,dont you just love virgin Very Happy called into the shop and was told in no uncertain terms by a very rude lady assistant they could not help me i had to ring customer services,so i go home and ring them they say cant help you your credit checks have been done for that amount we cant reduce it,have you ever hear such a stupid answer,you will have to go back to the shop.
    I went back to the shop and said i wanted to cancel my contract within the 14 day period as the tariff didn't suit me,the manager said could they sort one out that did,my reply was yes you could have done this morning before that lady over there ****** me about now ime as interested in what you have to say as she was in what i had to say.
    The contract is now cancelled.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:19 pm

Serves me right for being on the last minute but I stuck a jumper in the dryer to take to Trentfield and I did put it on a low setting but I have managed to shrink it Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 3208163979
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:48 am

helen wrote:Serves me right for being on the last minute but I stuck a jumper in the dryer to take to Trentfield and I did put it on a low setting but I have managed to shrink it Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 3208163979

please tell me that's not one of those fab jumpers that your mum knitted??????

if it is, that's sacrilege lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 07 Sep 2011, 7:58 am

No it wasn't Eilis Laughing I have shrunk one of those on purpose but only a bit because it was huge Shocked
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 07 Sep 2011, 8:01 am

phew that's a relief lol
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 Empty shrinkage

Post by Caz1960 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 12:26 pm

Did you know that when you shrink woollen jumpers as I often do as they sneak in the tumble drier without me looking soak them in white Vinegar as this relaxes the wool and it goes back to normal shape but the down side you have to stand outside Razz
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Wed 07 Sep 2011, 5:17 pm

Caz1960 wrote:Did you know that when you shrink woollen jumpers as I often do as they sneak in the tumble drier without me looking soak them in white Vinegar as this relaxes the wool and it goes back to normal shape but the down side you have to stand outside Razz

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 2197500976 what a tip i never knew that Smile
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 Empty jumpers

Post by Caz1960 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

The smell does eventually wear off but before it does I always had the urge to go to the chippy's Laughing
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

That's a great tip, I may be able to save it yet. Would it work on one that shrunk to the size of a small child and is now that thick that it stands up on it's own lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:14 am

Supposed to be at a charity night but still got the hangover of a recent virus......... a runny red nose is not a good look so it looks like we will be sitting in with a bottle and a curry tonight instead of enjoying all of the events that my family have helped to organise for tonight and tomorrow, Gutted Sad I was hoping to be better in time for it, started last night with over forty cars in convoy headed by my little brother to Blackpool lights. Tonight is a night time event with lots of acts performing and tomorrow is much the same but also lots of stuff for kids to do. Its for a friends son who has cerebral palsy and we are hoping it's going to be a big success so they can finally get the car adapted as he has grown so much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:07 am

Knew i shouldn't have read helens posts while she had the virus i have one now, was going to erect the dandy and sort the strut rivets out but it will have to wait,shame because they have forecast a nice day.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

Hope you feel better soon Mike, must say though that it seems to take a while to get out of your system but on the plus side I lost half a stone because of it Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 1710857839

Feet up and Nancy will Pamper you. x
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:20 am

god it sounds like you were really poorly Helen Sad so glad you are feeling better now xx
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

helen wrote:Hope you feel better soon Mike, must say though that it seems to take a while to get out of your system but on the plus side I lost half a stone because of it Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 5 1710857839

Feet up and Nancy will Pamper you. x

Thanks think this is probably a different one its knocking around at work,feels like a cold but you feel sick and have a blood pressure type headache
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:38 am

Sounds pretty similar Mike, started with headache and flare up of RH that lasted for ever so thought I was coming down with a cold then tummy got bad and that lasted a few days then the sore throat followed by bad lingering cold that has left a chest infection behind. Evil or Very Mad

Half a stone dropped off but I'm not a slim jim so for someone a svelte as you it will probably mean a couple of pounds. Don't worry though with Nancy will soon feed you back up. lol!

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:17 pm

Question Question Question Question swine flu Question Question Question Question
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:10 am

Haven't got a clue Caz as I haven't been to the doctors yet, kept ringing for a book on the day appointment as that's all they had left and they were all gone apparently there is a virus going around so they are busy Rolling Eyes

I have had to wait two weeks for an appointment and go tomorrow now, my nose is still running and I rattle when I breath so I think that it's time for some treatment. With our doctors one of two things happens, either your better buy the time you get to see him or another problem has appeared.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:12 pm