Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Grunts - Groans - Moans

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 7 Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by mike on Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

Bloody virgin media again,the phone i have just changed from and Nancy has is a blackberry from virgin,we dont take it to work and when we left for work it was all as we wanted it,came home from work and the picture on he screen had changed we had a picture of the dandy on it,never mind i thought i will go into the picture files and reset it,would you believe its not there but what i did find is four new icons,a ringtone choice available from virgin,entertain your callers from virgin,a free game i guess from virgin and a buy games for a pound from virgin,so while we where at work they added crapp to my phone and did some thing that has wiped my pictures off the phone,this should answer why i call myself Victor Meldrew,its my bloody phone what gives them the right to mess with it.
Its a sad thing but the importance of what customers want seams to be lost,maybe the younger generation dont care and i suppose acts like this are performed by infantile minds who have no comprehension of customer service.
Just considering having a bit of fun and ringing virgin to demand the removal of the icons and the return of my picture and then send them a bill for taking the dandy back to norfolk staying a week taking the picture again and then returning.

mike
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:28 pm

Mike

Try reading the companies online "help" area you will see why it is more commonly referred to as Vermin Media!
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:38 pm

i really hate when people think they can decide what you need without consulting you - it's infuriating to say the least, maybe you should send a bill for the time it will take to correct their arrogance lol
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:46 pm

Eilis wrote:i really hate when people think they can decide what you need without consulting you - it's infuriating to say the least, maybe you should send a bill for the time it will take to correct their arrogance lol

The thing is i know its my fault for dealing with them,we get the tv through them as we cant get sky,one of the reasons i dropped my broadband was the fact they reduced it at busy times and then denied doing it,think after all my years in customer service i just expect something that is sadly lacking now.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:48 pm

i think you're right, sadly mike. Companies run things for their convenience rather than what the customer wants or needs
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Wed 19 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

Ordered top up of heating oil last wednesday for delivery today. A weeks notice and they still can't get it to me on the day they said they would. I have wasted a day of my life waiting for them and not even a phone call to say no delivery today. I suppose I will have to wait in tomorrow as well Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 7 9639063
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

Hope it gets there for you tomorrow. It's so annoying when companies assume our time isn't as important as theirs. bounce
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 8:50 pm

Our old postie has changed shifts and after having the same postman for years we now have a new one ............ one of the neighbours found a stack of mail in the street bin today most of the letters belonged to two streets Evil or Very Mad Not very impressed at all as we don't know how long this has been going on for. Lot's of complaints happening tomorrow, the local councillor's mail was also found in the bin so he has taken the names and addresses of all who the mail belonged to saying he will complain too.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:07 pm

oh dear well there is a postman who will be in a very serious amount of trouble then,
Nick is always telling me how seriously the Royal Mail take that sort of stuff,
it always amazes me how they think they wont get caught
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:27 pm

If it hadn't been for (our neighbour) a dog walker about to deposit in the bin we would have still been unaware. John was due for a hospital appointment that hasn't arrived yet, he has to have a the camera down his throat every year in October/November as he is on a screening programme so the first call in the morning is the hospital to make sure his letter hasn't been binned.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:06 am

good grief that's really serious, bad enough that the postie has done this but to throw it in the street bin is just so cocky Shocked

hope John hasn't missed his appointment xx
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:33 am

The street bin is one of those with a top on .......... a bit like a half height post box Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 7 3208163979

Phoned hospital booking centre and John should have had a letter to make an appointment (they don't automatically send you an appointment any more just a letter to make one) booked him in for the 17th November.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 11:46 am

Just thought i would settle down and watch have i got news for you on catch up,they have only put the HD one on and i cant get HD Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 7 9639063
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:45 am

I'm sick of living near a school, every year we have problems with the new starters. We have been having stones thrown at our window on and off since September, it happens to one of the bungalows every year and it looks like it's our turn. several neighbours had cracked windows last year. It's happened again this morning and we now have two chips in the window and getting through to someone at the school takes forever and then the little buggers have blended in with the rest of the kids in the playground, pity we can't grab them and drag them to the school but if we did we would be in serious trouble Evil or Very Mad

I am going to get the camera ready and I will take a picture of the culprits to help identify them.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

The little sods, getting photo's is a good idea, but don't let them see you get them, they will possible do a whole lot worse if they do. Evil or Very Mad
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:58 am

The little sods run but tend to stop just up the road so it would be a picture of the back of the 3 of them. It would show the coats they are wearing though.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:10 am

Fingers crossed you can get your photos, but you will probably be told that a photo of them from a distance isn't evidence. Evil or Very Mad has anyone got a small video camera you can borrow and set that on record whilst you remain out of site?
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Try Ebay affraid
Keith
Keith

Post by Keith on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:40 am

AA Breakdown cover.

I have had breakdown cover now for a good few years with the AA and always found it reassuring that help was there if I needed it, the last time was about 3 years ago when a cambelt went.

Just had membership renewal paper through. For myself, with roadside and relay, £122.95. Online the same cover for £96, last year when they tried this, I picked up the phone and after a rant and getting put through to a superviser, I was promised that this would not happen again with my membership. Not very good at promises then are they?

Don't get me wrong in the grand scheme of things it's £2.50 per week for peace of mind but why should I have to ring every year to get a reduced price, obviously those that dont ring are paying the cost for those that do.

I can't be bothered to rant at them again so now I intend to change from one company to another each year as they all offer new customer discounts, so will take my business elsewhere now, not that companies like the AA bother to give a monkies anymore about dissatisfied customers.

On a side note my car insurance renewal came in as well £535.00 for the year, did online check with Meerkat, got EXACTLY the same cover quoted with the same company for £197.00 needless to say rung them and got it for that price, cheeky b*******.

Apologies for long post.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

Keith wrote:AA Breakdown cover.

I have had breakdown cover now for a good few years with the AA and always found it reassuring that help was there if I needed it, the last time was about 3 years ago when a cambelt went.

Just had membership renewal paper through. For myself, with roadside and relay, £122.95. Online the same cover for £96, last year when they tried this, I picked up the phone and after a rant and getting put through to a superviser, I was promised that this would not happen again with my membership. Not very good at promises then are they?

Don't get me wrong in the grand scheme of things it's £2.50 per week for peace of mind but why should I have to ring every year to get a reduced price, obviously those that dont ring are paying the cost for those that do.

I can't be bothered to rant at them again so now I intend to change from one company to another each year as they all offer new customer discounts, so will take my business elsewhere now, not that companies like the AA bother to give a monkies anymore about dissatisfied customers.

On a side note my car insurance renewal came in as well £535.00 for the year, did online check with Meerkat, got EXACTLY the same cover quoted with the same company for £197.00 needless to say rung them and got it for that price, cheeky b*******.

Apologies for long post.

All ready did the change each year and ended up with the caravan club green flag, got a proper renewal on the first anniversary will see what happens next time,insurance is through the post office and have found they dont do the renewal trick well not up to now Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 5:14 pm

Not a moan this but an unexpected result Nancy likes playing hidden object games on the laptop,well we sorted them out today and she has nearly 100 games affraid the annoying thing is on the next version of windows they probably wont work.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 20 Nov 2011, 6:09 pm

Had the first fog of the winter this morning it realy annoys me how many drivers dont use there lights,do they think they are plugged into the mains and will get a bill for them,i know why they do it its because they can see with out them but can any one see them in time.
beverley1232010
beverley1232010

Post by beverley1232010 on Sun 20 Nov 2011, 6:41 pm

get in touch with your local neigbourhood policing team, they will do more patrols in the area and try to sort out the antisocial behavior in the area too,

Bev
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:16 am

Dont know if this is an invasion of privacy or not,when i buy from argos i always check stock on line and then reserve,been looking at the ipad and i checked stock at two local argos shops both where out of stock,got an email today saying it was back in stock,now i never ask to be informed so it was down to there storing of my search combined with any cookies ect and then using my email which i have to give when reserving,the daft thing is my computer just logs onto argos but my £150 tablet with a free version of avg security tells me the argos site has security issues
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 7:41 pm

That is a bit naughty, especially as you didn't request it.

Whilst in the 3 shop today, I stupidly asked about tablets Rolling Eyes , they said the iPad and Blackberry ones are more restricted than Android ones. The bloke directed me to this website saying the reviews are completely impartial, well it's done by the BBC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 11 Aug 2020, 10:47 am