Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Grunts - Groans - Moans

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by mike on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 7:43 pm

cazz wrote:That is a bit naughty, especially as you didn't request it.

Whilst in the 3 shop today, I stupidly asked about tablets Rolling Eyes , they said the iPad and Blackberry ones are more restricted than Android ones. The bloke directed me to this website saying the reviews are completely impartial, well it's done by the BBC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can have a play with my tablet at Christmas,just downloaded the stupid testonly had a quick look it may be fun.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 7:59 pm

mike wrote:You can have a play with my tablet at Christmas,just downloaded the stupid testonly had a quick look it may be fun.

That app won't load on my phone, perhaps that's a good thing. lol! Wayne is playing Angry Birds, so I can't put it on his yet. Rolling Eyes

Ooooh, A tablet trial, that will be good, thank you. We think we will have to wait until next Christmas for one, lol. Have you read about the Kindle fire?

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3355420168 We need a tablet thread now, sorry Phoenix Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 8:48 pm

cazz wrote:

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3355420168 We need a tablet thread now, sorry Phoenix Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224

We take it you are not talking paracetamol or nurofen. lol!

Before you totally lose us again, if you were going for a new mobile phone on contract with O2 (good signal here)what phone would you go for? Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 143088812
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 9:12 pm

Phoenix wrote:
cazz wrote:

We take it you are not talking paracetamol or nurofen. lol!

Before you totally lose us again, if you were going for a new mobile phone on contract with O2 (good signal here)what phone would you go for? Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 143088812

Rolling Eyes Just the response I was expecting about tablets.

Regarding your phone, you first need to work out how many mins, texts and data you will probably need per month. Then decide if PAYG or contract is the best value for your needs.

If it's contract, how much do you have to spend each month? Then look at the phones in that category. If it'd PAYG, how much do you have to spend? Then again look at the phones in that categorie.

I would then work out the total cost over the contact term and compare the total cost with buying the phone, then a sim only deal, sometimes it works out cheaper, but of course there is a bigger upfront cost.

For example Wayne bought an unlocked HTC Wildfire from phones 4 U, in the sales at the beginning of the year for £130 with a £10 per month price plan, total cost after two years will be - £370. Compared to the same phone on a two year contract at £20 per month - £480.

Does that make sense? I will now familiarise with O2's phones, shall I just choose you one. Laughing
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 9:58 pm

Cazz,
We are both on contract to vodafone but both able to now leave. As most of the time now we are both local and the vodafone signal here is c**p, we bought a cheap PAYG O2 phone that works well. One of us is paying £25 per month which is on divert to the cheapy, the other £15 which we would be happy with if we could use the b***dy things. We would probably use them more and save on the BT bill.

We just wondered if you had a choice what phone would you go for? Smile

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 10:17 pm

I like android phones, the are easy to use, have loads of free apps available and it's surprising what 'useless' things are infact very useful. I find I use mine as torch loads of times, especially as we have no upstairs lights at the mo. Laughing

Waynes first smart phone was the Wildfire, that does everything he wants, has the light, not all phones do. It can run apps from the memory card, meaning you can extend the memory, unlike mine which can't, but it's classed as old now, lol.

I find I can't hold a phone in my left hand for more than 2 minutes, so I chose a smaller handset that I could hold and drive in my right hand, so size could be a factor. The HTC explorer is smaller, as is Sony Ericsson mini & mini pro.

It's very hard to suggest phones for other people, if you come to the Christmas meet, you are more than welcome to have a play on our phones to get a feel for them. santa

Have you seen any phones in the O2 shop? Is that a sitting on the fence question? lol!
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 10:39 pm

No Cazz we haven't looked in the O2 shop yet. Think we will go and have a look one day next week. The thing is neither of us are very keen on shopping. Infact the last time we went up to the City into the shops in the mall was to sort out the phones we have now. lol!

We will try to get one with a light as well. Worst case senario we could morse code to one another. Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

You are considering shopping less than two weeks before Christmas, you must be mad, our town was stupid and the car parks full by 10am this morning. If you really excited and must go before Christmas, then go early morning and take a picnic, lol! Good luck. santa
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:07 pm

cazz wrote:You are considering shopping less than two weeks before Christmas, you must be mad, our town was stupid and the car parks full by 10am this morning. If you really excited and must go before Christmas, then go early morning and take a picnic, lol! Good luck. santa

You are right Cazz we are mad but our shopping is in buy out home. If we go in office hours during the week hopefully it won't be too bad. scratch As for early in the morning thats a joke in its self. One of us isn't too good at doing mornings. lol!
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:12 pm

Phoenix wrote:You are right Cazz we are mad but our shopping is in buy out home. If we go in office hours during the week hopefully it won't be too bad. scratch As for early in the morning thats a joke in its self. One of us isn't too good at doing mornings. lol!

Maybe it will be ok. scratch let us know. You could always camp in Phoenix on the car park the night before, then you will have a guaranteed space. lol!
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 11:53 pm

cazz wrote:

Maybe it will be ok. scratch let us know. You could always camp in Phoenix on the car park the night before, then you will have a guaranteed space. lol!

We will let you know how we get on. Don't think we will camp in the carpark though. lol! If its that bad we will leave it till after Christmas.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:56 am

My advice for what its worth is decide what you do most on a phone and get one that has plenty of allowance for that,loads of contracts are loaded towards texts now because that's what people want,i prefer to speak to people so wanted talk time,if your getting two it may be better to get different contracts if you ring each other or other people on 02 then one with loads of 02 to 02 time and the other with loads of any network time.
If you think you may end up using the internet on them even 1gb will do a lot of phone surfing ie watching forums checking ebay but dont go over your allowance surfing as it can get expensive.
With both of you going on 02 i would consider getting one of your old phones unlocked and putting a tesco or some other network PAYG sim in or getting a vodaphone one, then if you are in a 02 dead spot and need to make a call you can,we have three networks,Nancy is on virgin ime on three and we have a tesco pay as you go,we have only been on one site where we could not get any signal.
Consider waiting until the sales if they have had a bad time up to Christmas there may be some bargains on offer.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:10 am

cazz wrote:
mike wrote:You can have a play with my tablet at Christmas,just downloaded the stupid testonly had a quick look it may be fun.

That app won't load on my phone, perhaps that's a good thing. lol! Wayne is playing Angry Birds, so I can't put it on his yet. Rolling Eyes

Ooooh, A tablet trial, that will be good, thank you. We think we will have to wait until next Christmas for one, lol. Have you read about the Kindle fire?

Yes i keep looking at the ipad and samsung but realy the price i got the archos at was cheap and it does what i need,from what i read about the kindle in a review it claimed the price was low because of what was missing and you had to pay to add,perhaps its because of what i do on it but up to now have found the froyo 2.2 and a bit is ok.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:39 am

Good advice there Mike, as me and Wayne rarely call each other, that didn't even occur to me.

I also agree, there will probably be some offers on after Christmas, I did think that last night, but forgot when I was writing, Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3208163979

What network is Tesco mobile on? Asda and talk mobile are both on the Vodafone one.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 8:57 am

cazz wrote:Good advice there Mike, as me and Wayne rarely call each other, that didn't even occur to me.

I also agree, there will probably be some offers on after Christmas, I did think that last night, but forgot when I was writing, Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3208163979

What network is Tesco mobile on? Asda and talk mobile are both on the Vodafone one.

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3208163979 tesco use 02 must say though we get good coverage,so asda may be a good spare one,think there basic call charges arnt bad
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:07 am

Asda call and texts are under half the price of Vodafone, but their internet works out expensive, but for a spare phone for calls, that won't matter.

I was looking at O2's prices, they seem a lot higher compared to what we are paying and what's available on 3, I wonder why this is? Is it really that much better?

Our free 3 sim was worth getting to test the network in our area.

Mike, we do sound like a couple me nerds, Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:24 am

cazz wrote:

Mike, we do sound like a couple me nerds, Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224

No not nerds, but freinds with knowledge who are willing to share it Very Happy
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:28 am

Phoenix wrote:
cazz wrote:

nope, sorry Cazz was right you sound like nerds

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:32 am

Phoenix wrote:
cazz wrote:

That does sound better. I only sound knowledgeable due to the research i've done for our phones and things, I wanted the best deal and price plan for us, we don't have a penny to waste, i'm sure it's the same in your case. santa
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:34 am

Eilis wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
cazz wrote:

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 8 3462454224

Embarassed lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 9:53 am

Went shopping yesterday, it was packed I think everybody went shopping yesterday but after battling through we got to the checkout packed our stuff and then discovered I had taken the wrong purse and John doesn't carry the cards as they are in my purse. Doesn't sound so bad as they offered to put our shopping to one side whilst we nipped home for my other purse but we had decided to go to a shopping center in Rochdale and then to the store there and that's quite a drive from home. I have now thrown away my old purse so it doesn't happen again.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:08 am

Talking about phones, John is never off his new android phone.......... he sits there like one of the kids playing on it for ages. It's far easier to use than the Blackberry was.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

helen wrote:Went shopping yesterday, it was packed I think everybody went shopping yesterday but after battling through we got to the checkout packed our stuff and then discovered I had taken the wrong purse and John doesn't carry the cards as they are in my purse. Doesn't sound so bad as they offered to put our shopping to one side whilst we nipped home for my other purse but we had decided to go to a shopping center in Rochdale and then to the store there and that's quite a drive from home. I have now thrown away my old purse so it doesn't happen again.

That is annoying and embarrassing, i've gone to Morrisons before without my purse.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:23 am

I think it would have been less embarrassing if I had no purse with me but it was my old one, I thought I would keep it and do have old cards in it so I think the lady must have thought I was nuts. We do put the old cards in a wallet that John carries if we are abroad probably paranoid but if we ever did find ourselves in trouble he could hand that one over and it wouldn't matter, a relative was once mugged and had to hand his wallet over and being abroad it isn't that easy to cancel cards without all of the relevant phone numbers. I will just stick the cards in the wallet and chuck my old purse away now.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

Eilis wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
cazz wrote:

Guess who is going to get her bed legs loosened in the night Eilis lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Jan 2021, 11:00 pm