Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Grunts - Groans - Moans

Krist0n
Krist0n

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by Krist0n on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:15 am

Get well soon all of ya's
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:32 am

no fun when you're poorly hope you're better soon xx
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:40 am

Thanks feel a bit better now but not allowed to go to work as its a food factory.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

The forum is a problem for me today, it seems to be on a go slow and I keep getting a 'try reloading this page' message and your connection was interupted/bad gateway scratch
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:53 pm

When i get it its due to a slow connection
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:56 pm

Seems to be working okay now, I have deleted my cookies,shut down and turned off the broadband box and turned it back on again but it has been a bit odd for a couple of days now and I haven't had a problem before. I just hope it behaves again now.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:26 pm

Helen, when we get that message, it because of the reason Mike mentioned. I hope yours is sorted now, turning it off and back on again fixes a lot of problems. Laughing

We went to town today to see if Wayne could get his glasses fixed, get some cockatiel seed and look at a product in a shop.

The glasses can't be fixed with out buying new frames, because he is due an eye test this year, it's not worth doing that, so I will get the superglue out. The shop had sold out of cockatiel seed, and the bloke in the shop wasn't interested in showing us the product, so we left.

I now remember why I like internet shopping, and I don't have to pay parking to be sat at home. Rolling Eyes
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:30 pm

Just be careful with the superglue, I like it but tend to get myself stuck too Rolling Eyes
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:36 pm

Helen wrote:Just be careful with the superglue, I like it but tend to get myself stuck too Rolling Eyes

I will, recently I've glued our Dandy light lense, my mums glasses arm after she fell on it and broke it. Shocked and something else, which I can't remember. scratch
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:39 pm

I use this site to check my connection speed i never click any scan buttons,although mcafee says its safe[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:42 pm

I do glue stuff but tend to end up with part of myself stuck to the item too Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 3208163979

I've been feeling rotten since Sunday morning and put it down to over indulgence on Saturday night..... the bad news is my throat has started to get really sore as the day has gone on but then the good news is that it wasn't down to my Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 2607158912 so no need to refrain in future cheers

Thanks for the link Mike Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:47 pm

My results are well below average. Shocked I will see how I go on with it now though, it seems to be working okay again.
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:49 pm

We are with Sky broadband, and although we have "UP TO" 20mbs speed, our actual maximum, because we live in a village, is 1mb Sad That has only just gone up in the past 3 months or so from 512kbs
(1/2 mb)

We can however pay much much more, and get that superfast fibreoptic, but my wallet can't justify it. I'd prefer to spend it on other things (like the Dandy)
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:16 pm

Krist0n wrote:We are with Sky broadband, and although we have "UP TO" 20mbs speed, our actual maximum, because we live in a village, is 1mb Sad That has only just gone up in the past 3 months or so from 512kbs
(1/2 mb)

We can however pay much much more, and get that superfast fibreoptic, but my wallet can't justify it. I'd prefer to spend it on other things (like the Dandy)

Thats poor using the phone tethered to the lap top i get between 1mb and 4mb at the moment ime getting 2.72 thats download, upload is always slower i normally get about .75 but it can be less.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:15 pm

I've just tested our 3 mifi wifi here:- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] because the previous link didn't work for me. scratch

I had upload speed of 3.84mb and download of 0.8mb, I will do some rechecks at different times to see it compares.

I'm impressed for £3.33 per month for 3gb. Shocked
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:56 pm

I now have a 3Dtv and am not impressed at all, I think there is a fault as when the screen is dark there is a light patch going up the right edge of the screen ............ It isn't a strip but looks like something seeping from one side
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:00 pm

Helen wrote:I now have a 3Dtv and am not impressed at all, I think there is a fault as when the screen is dark there is a light patch going up the right edge of the screen ............ It isn't a strip but looks like something seeping from one side

Sounds faulty
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:17 pm

I agree Mike, its like light is bleeding through the screen on the right hand side, John hasn't seen it set up yet he ain't keeping it as it is going back before it gets any worse. When the picture is light it looks like a dark shadow and when it's dark it appears light. I have also noticed a less obvious one on the left bottom corner too Shocked

I have left all of the protective stuff and stickers on it because I am convinced its a problem that shouldn't be there.

Having said that I have also tried the 2D to 3D and can honestly say I don't like it so will not be using that facility, it makes you feel motion sick. I have also plugged in my external memory that has several 3D films on and I do quite like the effect so will get a replacement for this one.

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 6:42 pm

Got this email from a mate it just shows you shouldn't be put off by customer service departments.

As you can guess, I have been having fun and games with my TomTom. Straight after New Year I got the message "no maps found" on my machine. I wasn't worried as I have had this before and I just phoned up and they sorted it over the phone.

So, I phoned up only to be told that they no longer fix these older machines over the phone and I must go to their website and fix it myself from instructions on their site. Incidentally, this came into being on 1st Jan and I phoned on the 2nd Jan!!!!!!!!!!

When you type in "TomTom support" as they tell you, pages and pages come up of support sites and it took me ages to find the correct one. I started doing what the instructions said but found my machine didn't respond as it should have according to their website.

Now I was stuck, so I phoned them up again only to be told the same thing and I couldn't even send it back to them for repair. What do I do now? I have a machine that doesn't work, I can't make head or tail of their website and I can't even send it for repair by them.

So I wrote to the Managing Director in Holland with a nice but grovelling letter and a week later I got a phone call from a technician telling me to plug TomTom into my laptop and he will fix it. He took over my laptop remotely and I just sat there and watched as he went into all the different places on the screen. Great!!! It is now working correctly but I hope it doesn't go wrong again as I doubt I can get away with it any more.

I don't for one minute believe the Managing Director saw my letter but it reached someone higher than the supervisor in the Technical Support area.
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:01 pm

That is good news, it just proves good customer service does still exist. Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 2170595768

I hope Helen has good dealings when she reports the TV as faulty. Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 9639063

I also have a groan, lol. My phone said it was fully charged, so I unplugged it, less than 1 minute later it has good flat and turned itself off. Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 9639063 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 9639063 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 9639063 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 9639063 Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 11 9639063
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:17 pm

Sounds like it's just one of those Days Rolling Eyes

Hope you all get things sorted Shocked
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:34 pm

Helen wrote:Sounds like it's just one of those Days Rolling Eyes

Hope you all get things sorted Shocked

It must be a bad tech day, except for Mike, who is now sorted, for the time being, lol.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:37 pm

several years ago i bought 2 sofas and wanted them delivered in the afternoon as someone was in to collect them. the delivery warehouse said no can't be done, shop suggested the sofas were delivered there and they would bring them round on saturday -the warehouse said no.

so i wrote to the MD of that company - absolutely not a grovelling letter - saying i'll just cancel a whole day of nhs patients so your delivery people aren't inconvenienced

my sofas were delivered in the afternoon lol

customer services do not serve customers, if you have a problem go to the MD every time Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 11:47 am

On one of the many managerial training course i had to attend we where told a unhappy customer is the best thing you can be presented with its your opportunity to gain a loyal customer, as 9 times out of 10 a customer will remember a problem that was sorted to there satisfaction without hassle more than they will remember good service.
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:29 pm

And 1 unhappy customer, will on average, inform 3 others of their misfortune with said company. Whereas a happy customer may offer no reccomendations what-so-ever. BE WARNED COMPANYS!! pirat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Sep 2019, 10:19 am