Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+21
jake001
abc5575
Kimmie
naedoot
Esermalda
Krist0n
beverley1232010
Keith
Phoenix
Cazz
Caz1960
carl
bilbo
Tow Itch
The Admiral
Nick
Lol and Steve
vickoir
mike
Eilis
Helen
25 posters

Grunts - Groans - Moans

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 Empty Re: Grunts - Groans - Moans

Post by Krist0n Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:31 pm

That time of year has come where the dreaded green stuff starts to grow and need seeing to every 2 weeks!!! affraid Neutral Mad

We have a robotic hoover
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Why can't I get a mower like this?!?!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:59 pm

Phoned up this morning to tell them about the screen fault and they are collecting on Monday and delivering a replacement, no problems or questions or faffing about, just good customer service cheers

Eilish has a robot floor sweeper, keep saying I will get myself one.

As for grass .......... we got rid of all of ours years ago and don't miss it at all.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Thu 26 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

Helen wrote:Phoned up this morning to tell them about the screen fault and they are collecting on Monday and delivering a replacement, no problems or questions or faffing about, just good customer service cheers

Eilish has a robot floor sweeper, keep saying I will get myself one.

As for grass .......... we got rid of all of ours years ago and don't miss it at all.

well humph you put an 'h' on the end of my name helen -shame on you lol

yes i have a robotic floor sweeper and would love a hoover does that one work ok cos i looked at the reviews of the cheaper ones and was a bit worried, love good customer service and must admit i do spread the word to others if i am impressed

as for my grass i have a lovely neighbour who does it for me for a very reasonable price Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 26 Jan 2012, 6:38 pm

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 3208163979 Sorry Eilis

I've discovered that the 2D to 3D is far better on some things than others, if it's an old film forget it but a lot of the more up to date films and programmes are great and through an ordinary blue ray player the 2D to 3D facility is great.

I was all ready for resistance this morning regarding returning this one but was pleasantly surprised.

As for electrical things though, I have just seen on a news programme that we are going to have something happen to the atmosphere on Tuesday ,,,,,,,,, A Solar Storm, the largest since 2005, it can cause problems with electrical things. I wouldn't like to be flying anywhere on Tuesday affraid

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Thu 26 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

Eilis(H) Laughing The Roomba is not too bad, but I certainly wouldn't go for a cheaper model. It isn't very good at deep cleaning on carpets, but to use every day, and pick the surface dust and debris up it's ok, but a proper hoover would be needed at least once a week. Apart from our front room, the rest of downstairs is tiled throughout, so Roomba works a treat. We can just turn him on when leaving the house, and he's finished when we return. My Mum has a small flat, and no pets, so the Roomba seems to be all she needs, but she still has the upright to do a proper hoover every now and then. Oh, and if you have wires, or anything low (such as the bottom of a clthes maiden) he might be able to climb onto, he will get stuck, and that's quite annoying. He also needs to be emptied and brushes clean after every other use.
    I think if anything, I may have just dissuaded you.

Helen, Is the solar storm you speak of part of the Northern Lights? If so, it started last night. It could be seen from parts of Scotland. Although better seen in Iceland or somewhere, can't quite remember.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 26 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

It does say that it can make the Northern lights lower than usual.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:05 pm

Just been to collect my new transit cover today and he hasn't done it Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 9639063 mind you ive known him for years and i guess he thought he could put mine back to do orders for his regular customers,next weekend now
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

Krist0n wrote:That time of year has come where the dreaded green stuff starts to grow and need seeing to every 2 weeks!!! affraid Neutral Mad

We have a robotic hoover

Why can't I get a mower like this?!?!

you can

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Fri 03 Feb 2012, 8:52 pm

woahhhhh. I want that beast at the end. I can get the kids out of the house to play with there new "Bat Mobile" and get the grass cut at the same time. Bet the price is silly.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 04 Feb 2012, 11:25 am

Johns new phone has already had to go back to the shop ............ it was deceased this morning when he tried to turn it on Crying or Very sad He has had it around 6 weeks, we thought it may be the battery but it isn't and has gone for repair. Apparently it wont cost us anything if the faulty bit is covered. I don't think it should cost us anything anyhow as it doesn't work so soon after buying it and is not fit for purpose. Mad
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 09 Feb 2012, 6:42 am

Got sent home today no work until Monday great for time off but it dont pay the bills
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:14 am

not so good Mike

hope its nothing serious

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:19 am

naedoot wrote:not so good Mike

hope its nothing serious

Not sure yet,it does go slack at this time of year but i do know they have contracts due to start in the next 5 or 6 weeks,i took early retirement and this is just a factory job with no responsibility but the trouble is we both work there.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:21 pm

Hope it picks up soon Mike, John also finished early yesterday as there was nothing for him to do he was so bored he took half a days holiday. Evil or Very Mad we need to save those for Dandying.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 09 Feb 2012, 12:26 pm

forgot to say that we had a call about's Johns faulty phone, they are posting it back to him so we don't have to collect, it's mended cheers

They didn't say what was wrong but they have updated all of the software on it too Very Happy
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 Empty glad to be back But

Post by Caz1960 Thu 09 Feb 2012, 8:47 pm

Hi ya to all I'm back and wish id stay'd indoors well while its been warm here flowers flowering , willows got buds on it, so after allot of hair pulling, face slapping, screams I think I won against the bramble invasion surprised how thick the branches were also surprised how over grown its become so must plod on section at a time back to perfection ha ha not a large garden but 4ft wall climb to get to it so I'm fit for the Olympics, so having a rough night with my son, early morning Knock on the door from my neighbour ( holiday home) her son was bored and did I mind if they hacked back my shrubs as blocking their sun light " huh er they will be pulled out soon but yea knock your self out " was my reply not to bothered as their fence is 10' high from my garden thinking they on their side just trimming the tops until my neighbour on the other side text-ed me asked " why are they up my cherry tree?" Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 2829330259 off I went to see their young lad up a ladder lent on my cherry tree ( which i might add doesn't do anything to their sun light ) hacking away the branches with a chain saw then I saw the devastation no garden left dwarf weeping willow chopped so gutted I waz speechless thank god i got them before they hit the apple trees well that will serve me right Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 9639063 start all over again so my months of pruning weeding has just gone to waste Mad Mad Mad thats my rant for the week
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 09 Feb 2012, 9:31 pm

We once went away for a few days and our neighbours had decided that the tree at the rear of our garden should be chopped and they hacked it until there was only a stump. We asked them why they didn't ask and it was because we had put a small fence segregating it from the rest of the garden (to stop our small at the time children climbing it) so they thought they would use that bit of land where it was by removing our fence that separated it from their garden and incorporated it into their own. These same neighbours had also tapped onto our tv ariel rather than by their own.

We swiftly put the fence back up and kept our bit of garden, we had kept the tree because the birds liked it and we liked to see them there, we also moved house within a couple of years.

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 09 Feb 2012, 10:02 pm

oh the nerve of some people ! my neighbours have just bought the house and I can not believe how much a small two bed terraced house can be remodelled so much I dread them coming down for the weekend as from morning till night hammering , drilling Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 9639063 as my son tends to be up all night suppose sleep is over rated so now they have finished doing there house they are attacking out gardens if they wan't to do more and pay for it they can decorate my house Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 1705467399 oh better not suggest it from the state of my garden
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:33 am

Car wont start this morning battery no good,its three years old in march with a fiat guarantee of 12 months on the battery,halfords are the same price as fiat but they give a three year warranty so if it goes again in two years and 11 months i should be ok lol!
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:10 am

in my mind thats bang out of order - if ou are going to be confident that the car will be free from defects for 1. 3. 5. 7 yrs then everything should be covered - I know its not the case.

prob with batteries are that if the car is not being used for long runs and only for hopping into town and back the battery will be goosed in no time.

Had it happen on my dads Range Rover as he worked out the country and the car sat there doing nothing, I had to go and use it every day once I got it started until he came home.

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 11 Feb 2012, 11:11 am

plus with the really low temps overnight at the moment they can also wreck a battery really quickly as happened to me once
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 11 Feb 2012, 5:08 pm

Little bit more to the story,yes the battery was finished but when i fitted the new one it didn't start and the alternator made a noise like the belt slipping,the tension looked ok so i got Nancy to try while i watched it made the noise for a second or two but then started ok,took it to the fiat dealer and the sales manger said i know what that is.He took me outside and under the bonnet a piece of seal had come unclipped which allowed water to drip on the alternator not good at any time but with the temperatures we have had it had frozen the alternator solid affraid all clipped back now and a battery with a 3 year warranty fitted.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 11 Feb 2012, 5:19 pm

We went for Johns phone as it had been sent back to the store and we were fed up of waiting for it to come back here. Got the phone and now the tv saga we got a replacement but that wasn't working properly either so had to go back and then we had to wait for it to be tested as it was the 2nd we had returned (think they thought it was us and not the tv) had a call today to say it was faulty and they would send another.............. NO THANK YOU.

Went to get my rabbits some treats and curry's is next door ............ we ended up buying a 47 inch 3D tv I think it's going to be far too big but John is a happy bunny. Now the fun begins getting it set up
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 11 Feb 2012, 5:24 pm

can you get angry birds in 3D affraid
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 11 Feb 2012, 5:26 pm

mike wrote:can you get angry birds in 3D affraid

lol! Grunts - Groans - Moans - Page 12 1710857839