Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Are campers getting more inconsiderate

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Are campers getting more inconsiderate Empty Are campers getting more inconsiderate

Post by mike on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 7:27 am

Dont get me wrong this is a nice site and i would use it again but there seems to be a lack of consideration now from a lot of of campers,when i started ** years ago things just seamed quieter,the guy next to me is not a bad neighbour 99% of the time but he emptys his waste water,toilet tank and refills his fresh water every other day.The thing is he does it at 10.30 in the evening not late i know but we are laid in bed listening to his tanks,roller barrels ect banging about i didn't know plastic could make so much noise,the first site we where on this year the people next to me tied there dog outside the awning while they had tea,it spent a hour whining and barking,its like telling the kids to annoy the people next door while we have our tea in peace,i ended up suggesting he shut that ******* dog up and give the site a bit of peace.
Sometimes i think its because lots off them now are not campers they just take there luxury mobile front room on to a site and have no idea what camping is about.
Perhaps this should have gone in the grunts and groans but i thought i would see what fellow members thought about modern camping.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Are campers getting more inconsiderate Empty Re: Are campers getting more inconsiderate

Post by Helen on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 7:43 am

I think some are, tents can be so cheap now and all the necessary stuff like airbeds and sleeping bags come in for less than £100 now split that between 4 and its less than £25 per person, some deals you get make it £15. I have met some lovely people camping for the first time and these deals do allow people to see if they like it before they go the full hog and spend a lot. some though just go away for two nights to get drunk and cause as much noise as possible leaving rubbish floating all over and then just ditch the stuff when they leave. The toilets are cleaned daily and yet at the weekends there is loo paper thrown onto the floors and the sinks for pot washing are left dirty. On the whole though I would say the majority of campers do consider others its just that you seem to get the odd group who will spoil things from time to time.
Campsites are far busier than they were only a few years ago but in the current climate of the country people have started to stay here more rather than go abroad and I think thats had a impact on things.

Current date/time is Mon 10 Aug 2020, 1:12 am