Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

dart variations.

Rik Shaw
Rik Shaw

dart  variations. Empty dart variations.

Post by Rik Shaw on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:51 pm

Hi all.
I been scouring the net for a D Dart
past and present adverts .. (just to get some idea of what price to pay)
but some seem to have wheels showing with mudguards
while others have internal wheel arches

both being advertised as darts,

would you think some are being mistakenly advertised for darts when they are deltas ..

just an observation really..

any way we're looking for a dart about year 2000 winterized..

Rick..
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

dart  variations. Empty Re: dart variations.

Post by Helen on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:56 pm

Internal wheel arches we're an optional extra as was full insulation and heaters dart  variations. 3498837457
Rik Shaw
Rik Shaw

dart  variations. Empty dart variations.

Post by Rik Shaw on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:26 pm

Helen.
so the trailer was same width IE; 147cm = delta

just a shorter axle.

thanks Helen. Rick..

p.s. i,ll be glad when we've bought one I'm
getting confused
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

When Mike and I wrote the identification and information thread we found it difficult to give exact measurements of every variation of each design so we included the wheel arches in with the measurements so that would give the approximate measurement of the trailer with internal wheels and if not then you at least know how much width you need to accommodate a Dandy with external wheel arches. Dandy's can vary slightly because they are bespoke.

No point in measuring just the tub and forgetting you need room to get the trailer down the drive with it's wheels on lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:06 pm

Rick Shaw wrote:Hi all.
I been scouring the net for a D Dart
past and present adverts .. (just to get some idea of what price to pay)
but some seem to have wheels showing with mudguards
while others have internal wheel arches

both being advertised as darts,

would you think some are being mistakenly advertised for darts when they are deltas ..

just an observation really..

any way we're looking for a dart about year 2000 winterized..

Rick..

About 2000 Winterised..

Er 2000 is a transition time from light blue and white to all white to dark blue and white ????
Hang on I'm getting confused pale blue and white first then all white. Was all white 1998 to 1999 or 1999 to 2000 and did we then have a year of return to pale blue and white before dark blue.
Anyway the colours aren't so important more what was happening.

1993 or 94 Got the second generation kitchen cabinets quite a bit smarter.
1995 Perspex double glazing +ve for weight and a bit of extra insulation -ve what happens if/when they break Toughened glass cheap and plentiful can Riva supply perspex windows?
Late 90's Winterising is good but the best bit is the Riviera underfloor gas heater. Don't know when Riviera bit the dust but lest frequent on late 90's Dandy's. No electric hook up needed and no battery drain, just heat.
2000's perceived drop in quality of materials. For good or bad steel bed frames. Excellent new upholstery profiles and fabrics though.
I like the addition of fabric inner roofs and modesty curtains as well. Though these aren't difficult to knock up if you know someone handy with a sewing machine.
Awnings both PVC awnings available and some with the lightweight zip on Acrylic awnings. Whichever you prefer.

Heaters post 2000 Propex if the Dandy has one. Not cheap now they weren't cheap then. Will heat the Dart in no time but EHU required or battery drain for the fans. Opinions on the noise vary from miniature didgeridoo to miniature jet engine. Thought has been given to boxing up outside the Dandy body to reduce noise.

Rick do try and drag yourself out to look at ones you don't want. Why ? You want a Dart but upon viewing a Dart and a Delta the extra space may appeal. The more you look at and get to know the more you see when you look at the one you want to buy. Yes the time and the travel is a different sort of expense. It's like houses and cars though, you don't want to be buying the first one you look at.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:11 pm

Light blue and white we're around before the white Dandy's, but they we're also being produced post the all white ones so the pale blue and white ran from 1990 and I think they went up to 2002 possibly 2003 before the dark blue arrived Smile
Rik Shaw
Rik Shaw

Post by Rik Shaw on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

Thanks for that Tow Itch..
all info will be absorbed

one of the biggest problems is viewing
they all seem to be over 100 mile away at the moment.

Rick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 06 Aug 2020, 1:52 pm