Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Cazz
Caz1960
Helen
jake001
johninbyron
9 posters

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question,

johninbyron
    johninbyron

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, Empty how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question,

Post by johninbyron Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:05 am

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 3870488038
    Hello everybody,
    having owned my dandy for nearly a week.
    Can anybody tell me how to tell its age?
    It's an orange/white five berth,including the short seat/bed,with inboard wheels.
    It does need some work as the chassis needs a spot or two of welding.It has a "chassis" plate near the towing hitch,which I think is in German (not speaking German that's a guess),is that normal?
    The white roof is very padded ,is that winterized ?
    It has a sort of geometric patterned orange carpet,does anybody need this for repairing there own to keep it original, as I'll replace this with linoleum, ,
    when I get my self together I'll post some photo's.
    Also there is no bed/mattress on the none seating side,would this have been Two peace's as on the seat side?
    and would it have the same fabric covering it?.
    So many questions ,if you could help me with any of them I will appreciate it.
    cheers John
    jake001
    jake001

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, Empty Re: how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question,

Post by jake001 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 11:49 am

The german is the spec. of the ALKO tow hitch itself, to the left in the picture below is the "chassis" number, the 90R at the end indicating in my case 1990 build year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As you can see, the number is not very clear Shocked and it would appear to be difficult to find (or not there affraid ) on some models but best of luck Smile All have insulated roofs it's the sides that are different.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, Empty Re: how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question,

Post by Helen Wed 05 Sep 2012, 6:45 pm

Hi John and welcome to the forum. Orange Dandy's were mainly made in the 70's. Very Happy

As for the bed foam, it would be one piece on the sleeping bit and yes it is upholstered to match the seating.

All Dandy's have insulated (padded) roofs, they are considered winterised if the pvc walls have the same padding, the term 'fully winterised' generally means that they have the full insulation package and the addition of either an under floor heater or propex heater

Questions are always welcome so if you have any just ask.

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 1217042266 how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 1217042266 how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 1217042266

Also to post pictures just follow the instructions - looks like a lot of info but once you've posted your first pictures it is really easy how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 3498837457

Across the top of the reply box you will see a row of icons
    run your curser across until it displays host an image
    click that and a box should open saying upload image
    click browse
    find the picture on your computer
    double click the picture
    it should then show the url next to browse
    click host it
    you will then have 3 boxes
    thumbnail ignore this
    image this is the one you want
    image url ignore this one
    click the image one it should turn blue
    then right click it and select copy
    then paste this in your post
    at the bottom of the box is upload click this
    when the box changes back to the first box you can click the host an image icon again and it will close the box,or you can go through the process again to upload more images
    if you want to click preview it will show your post with images
    then click send.
    johninbyron
    johninbyron

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, Empty thank you

Post by johninbyron Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

thank you all for your help .
    Under floor heater,
    living near Inverness ,as I do, would mean I could camp from June all the way through to July. Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

The underfloor heaters are great and occasionally come up for sale ..... but not often Neutral

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 1710857839 how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 1710857839 well done a great find Phoenix got more friends Answer to one of your questions yes the bed mattress is the same size and material as the seating side .. as the seating side is a bed as well but you can but new foam cut to size and re-cover flower
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:58 pm

Hi John, hello and how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 1217042266 I like your camping calendar, it's very long. lol!

Our 60's 5 mattress is different to the seats upholstering, there are some pics in the 'My Dandy' section. Mr Itch's 70's one also has a different colour mattress. Our 80's one has all matching covers, although I think I prefer it to look different because it looks more like a mattress. Rolling Eyes

Looking forward to the pics of your Dandy and the carpet. how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 1066248140
    johninbyron
    johninbyron

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, Empty seat material

Post by johninbyron Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm

Has anybody got any of this material?
    Have discovered a bad burn in it.
    I think I'll try to patch it ,just thought I'd ask in case anybody has recovered and has some of this.

vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 15 Sep 2012, 9:36 pm

i know vessy44 had a heater from a dandy try pm'ing him he may still have it for sale
    good luck
    johninbyron
    johninbyron

Post by johninbyron Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:02 am

As promised photo of original carpet.

It's growing on me,so I'll leave it in place till I decide how deep a renovation/update is the best option.

Although I say original ,That is an assumption.
    paddys

how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, Empty dandy carpet .

Post by paddys Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:32 pm

hi,i have a green dandy ,year about mid 70s.it has the same carpet,very hard wearing,plus it grows on you .paddys Smile
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sun 23 Sep 2012, 5:46 pm

johninbyron wrote:As promised photo of original carpet.

It's growing on me,so I'll leave it in place till I decide how deep a renovation/update is the best option.

Although I say original ,That is an assumption.

That looks like an old flotex design to us. Phoenix's original flooring was an orange patterned vinyl alas we didn't take a picture of it but have seen it in some ones photos on here but can't remember who's.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 23 Sep 2012, 7:28 pm

Flotex carpet was listed as standard fitment in the 1981 brochure. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thought I was going to post a picture of the orange lino but my memory was playing tricks on me the orange lino must be Cazz's my lino is brown hexagons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:10 pm

I vote for keeping the floor. Very Happy But if you get rid, you know which way to throw it. What a Face lol!

Yes ours is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's so nice that we bought a second Dandy to preserve this one. how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 143088812
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:14 am

My dads dandy has the orange patterned vynil (very retro but different to Cazz's) and it's in really good condition as it's been covered with a carpet ...... I love it and it will be staying.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:17 pm

Phoenix's was the same as yours Cazz, but it was beyond saving especially when Toby the Doby went through it and the floor!!!! affraid
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:48 pm

Phoenix wrote:Phoenix's was the same as yours Cazz, but it was beyond saving especially when Toby the Doby went through it and the floor!!!! affraid

Poor Toby the Doby, how embarrassing for him. affraid

What floor does Phoenix have now?
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:59 pm

1/2" Marine ply covered in underlay and carpet.

COSY bounce bounce

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:34 pm

Very cosy and smart, i'm pleased we've got lino for our messy family. how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 3498837457
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:38 pm

Cazz wrote:Very cosy and smart, i'm pleased we've got lino for our messy family. how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 3498837457

You should train W & B better. lol!

Or is it you!!! how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 3462454224
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:45 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Cazz wrote:Very cosy and smart, i'm pleased we've got lino for our messy family. how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 3498837457

You should train W & B better. lol!

Or is it you!!! how to tell the age of a dandy,and bed question, 3462454224

Defo the kids. ;-) He is very messy, knocking over the bowls and being sick etc. No

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:38 am