Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping


Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

avatar
fearful wizard

Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 69
Location : Lincoln Lincolnshire

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by fearful wizard on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 9:30 am

Can anyone tell me the size of awning carpet needed to fit the original Discovery awning.
Two trips before the end of the year, and im going to put the awning up for the first time.
Thanks. Pete Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 70
Location : north east lincs

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by mike on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

fearful wizard wrote:Can anyone tell me the size of awning carpet needed to fit the original Discovery awning.
Two trips before the end of the year, and im going to put the awning up for the first time.
Thanks. Pete Smile

Cant help i only had a delta and now the six but if you are in a hurry ring ian at riva.

mike
avatar
fearful wizard

Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 69
Location : Lincoln Lincolnshire

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by fearful wizard on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

Thanks mike not in hurry, next trip october.
I think the depth is about 6ft and about 18ft wide(not good with metric)
But it would save me having to put it up to measure if anyone knows. Pete. Smile
jake001
jake001

Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 73
Location : Warrington

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by jake001 on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 1:05 pm

fearful wizard wrote:Thanks mike not in hurry, next trip october.
I think the depth is about 6ft and about 18ft wide(not good with metric)
But it would save me having to put it up to measure if anyone knows. Pete. Smile

I'm sure Smile Mr Itch will know to the nearest mm (or 40 thou as required) but more like 14ft wide in old money I think.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3183
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 8:30 pm

jake001 wrote:
fearful wizard wrote:Thanks mike not in hurry, next trip october.
I think the depth is about 6ft and about 18ft wide(not good with metric)
But it would save me having to put it up to measure if anyone knows. Pete. Smile

I'm sure Smile Mr Itch will know to the nearest mm (or 40 thou as required) but more like 14ft wide in old money I think.

I'm often good to the nearest 1mm or 39.37 thou but the awning isn't an exact science it all depends how you peg it out. Fourteen foot by a shade over 6ft (say 2m) will give a bit to play with.

It's the term carpet that knocked me back. This sounds well posh.
avatar
fearful wizard

Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 69
Location : Lincoln Lincolnshire

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by fearful wizard on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 3:18 pm

Thanks tow Itch saves me putting it up just to measure, didn't want to guess doesn't matter if its a bit longer than needed. Pete Very Happy
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by Helen on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 5:01 pm

If you give me a week Pete (away at the moment) I'll get my original dandy groundsheet out of the garage and measure it. We no longer use the original one on grass for more than a couple of days because it's pvc just like the Dandy and although it seems to help with condensation in the awning it kills the grass in double fast time Shocked
avatar
fearful wizard

Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-12-06
Age : 69
Location : Lincoln Lincolnshire

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by fearful wizard on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

Thanks Helen, I dont want to put you to any trouble, the awning groundsheet they sell is 2.5 mtre wide, and sell it by the linear foot so if the awning is approx 14ft long will buy 16ft to be on the safe side. (only £1.99 a foot).

Pete Very Happy

Sponsored content

Size of Awning carpet for Discovery Empty Re: Size of Awning carpet for Discovery

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:11 pm