Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

DANDY DELTA AWNING

DANDY DELTA AWNING  Empty DANDY DELTA AWNING

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

Hi all do anyone know if the Dandy Delta awning will fit the DANDY DISCOVERY ?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

DANDY DELTA AWNING  Empty Re: DANDY DELTA AWNING

Post by Helen Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:08 am

Hi Graham ....... no it won't, we looked into all of the awnings when searching for one for our designer (same size as Discovery) and the Delta awning was too small. Smile

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:42 am

Thanks for that Helen i will just keep looking for one
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:54 am

Saying that though Graham it would probably be possible to 'make' it fit by fitting some brackets in a different place along the bar at the top of the batwing to sit the awning pole hooks into and then adding a little pvc to the flaps that fit up the side of the Dandy (like they do on a 6) or even just making the bungees longer on the sides depending on if your that bothered about how it looks. It would probably be quite simple but we wanted the correct one for our Dandy.

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:38 pm

Well am picking a Delta awning up this Sunday will have a look at what can be done if noting i will resell it on
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 20 Oct 2012, 5:38 am

As Helen said it should fit if done like the six awning,if you try it peg the bottom of the awning wall next to the dandy first,if you dont get this in the right place it tends to pull the awning away from the dandy.
    If you decide to stick with it Ian at Riva sells the brackets for the awning roof bars to drop in,although they may be ok just laid in place.

mike

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:04 pm

Just picked the awning up this morning have only opened it up on the driveway , Did not realise how much of it there was lol , All looks fine all poles there and colour corroded which will help. I did look on Riva site at the brackets at that price i can make all four of then for less than one from there, if the weather is OK tomorrow i will go down get my discovery out and have a play with the awning and see what i need to do to make her fit . I do need to get curtains for the awning would be nice to see if i could get the same red ones as what fitted in mine but don't think am going to that lucky .
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 21 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm

You could always get someone to make some plain red ones ..... that'd look lovely. Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 10:12 pm

Get someone to make them am a wizz on the the old sewing machine
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:43 am

Brilliant, you'll have lovely red curtains done in a flash cheers cheers cheers

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 6:55 pm

Graham C wrote: Just picked the awning up this morning have only opened it up on the driveway , Did not realise how much of it there was lol , All looks fine all poles there and colour corroded which will help. I did look on Riva site at the brackets at that price i can make all four of then for less than one from there, if the weather is OK tomorrow i will go down get my discovery out and have a play with the awning and see what i need to do to make her fit . I do need to get curtains for the awning would be nice to see if i could get the same red ones as what fitted in mine but don't think am going to that lucky .
    Just picked some brackets up that will do the job 4 for £5.01p inc P+P
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 4:21 pm

Graham C wrote: Just picked the awning up this morning have only opened it up on the driveway , Did not realise how much of it there was lol , All looks fine all poles there and colour corroded which will help. I did look on Riva site at the brackets at that price i can make all four of then for less than one from there, if the weather is OK tomorrow i will go down get my discovery out and have a play with the awning and see what i need to do to make her fit . I do need to get curtains for the awning would be nice to see if i could get the same red ones as what fitted in mine but don't think am going to that lucky .

Weather still bad for me to try the awning on my Dandy . Was a nice day yesterday but i worked all day on a Saturday , I have found a company that's only down the road from me who said they will look at it for me . They do a lots with bespoke canopy's on a big scale for commercial business [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 28 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

Great that you have a company close by that should be able to help out with additions to the awning should you need any. DANDY DELTA AWNING  184121345

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 5:46 pm

Yea did have a chat to then and they seen willing to do the work which is good for such a big company wanted to deal with a private small job,. I just need to work out what's going to be my best option. Think it's going to be to expensive to have the awing made wider by 55cm which would mean having 17.5 cm put in each side . so am thinking of just having the side panel's extended , But i will put it up when the weather breaks .
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 28 Oct 2012, 6:09 pm

Your result will be interesting to help answer future questions.

mike

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 6:25 pm

lol i have a few ideas in my head that might work just need a nice day to try then out.Does any one know how the sides fit on the Dandy 6 fit ?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 28 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

Graham C wrote:lol i have a few ideas in my head that might work just need a nice day to try then out.Does any one know how the sides fit on the Dandy 6 fit ?

Getting a visualization of that is a cracking idea. If Mike, Phoenix, Caz Numbers or others have pictures of that section it would be helpful for you.

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 6:46 pm

Yea i will wait to see if any of then post a few pics for me then i can go from there , Its doing my head in not being able to crack on with it
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 28 Oct 2012, 7:03 pm

This is the only picture i can find,as you can see the awning is not as wide as the dandy and the end flaps go under the roof ends.

mike

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 7:34 pm

Hi Mike
    Thanks for the photo i have blown it up bigger and I can see how the sides go.that was the way i was thinking of going but where the side meets the front panel of the Dandy I was going to have it double skinned on the corner on the inside so I can slide a pole into it which will go up to the roof side pole and stick into the ground, and just do the same as the the in the photo .
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 29 Oct 2012, 4:38 am

Graham C wrote: Hi Mike
    Thanks for the photo i have blown it up bigger and I can see how the sides go.that was the way i was thinking of going but where the side meets the front panel of the Dandy I was going to have it double skinned on the corner on the inside so I can slide a pole into it which will go up to the roof side pole and stick into the ground, and just do the same as the the in the photo .

Definitely be interested in the pole result as i had considered it for none standard awning fitting,also thought that if it allows too much draughf it may be possible to fit pipe lagging over the pole and awning for a seal.

mike

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:21 pm

I have sent for some poles this morning so i don't use the ones from the Sun canopy. That's the reason i want to use poles down the sides to try and stop the draughts hope it will push against the front of the Dandy . I have gone for steel poles as what I might do is you can get long strips of inch wide magnets , So what I was thinking of doing once the awning is up and the pole is against the Dandy front am hoping a strip of magnet on the inside the Dandy front wall will be able to seal it against the wall and the pole ?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 29 Oct 2012, 2:40 pm

Good idea DANDY DELTA AWNING  184121345

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:17 pm

Hi all been misleading you all sorry its a Dart Awning that am going to get to fit the Discovery not a Delta sorry for misleading anyone
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:58 am

Doesn't matter which one it is, if you can fit an awning from a smaller Dandy to a larger Dandy then it will help lots of people who struggle to find the right one as the same method will more than likely work for the majority DANDY DELTA AWNING  184121345

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 10:03 am