Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Ooops flooded again.

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Ooops flooded again. Empty Ooops flooded again.

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:49 pm

We arrived at our caravan to bring it home ..... no call from the site owner to say the site is flooded.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Ooops flooded again. Empty Re: Ooops flooded again.

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:51 pm

The awning Shocked

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:04 pm

oh no that looks really bad Sad can't believe they didn't tell you
abc5575

Post by abc5575 on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 6:50 pm

Helen you must be truly sick of the wet stuff now. I can remember somebody that had a Dandy who had a canoe on the top when he went camping, maybe now, the canoe should come as 'standard'.

We are going to stay in our caravan in Northumberland on Friday-Sunday, hope he is ok.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:35 pm

we've got the van out now and will assess the damage tomorrow ...... on the bright side though the awning is drying off in a barn and we have a lovely lake view .... will take some more pictures of the site tomorrow.
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:43 pm

wow not good! poor site owner must be killing him flower and Helen you need rubber duck for nothing but for the fun value see the beer was fine
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

The beer was floating along with an 8 pack of coke ........ we waded and rescued the beers and of course the coke as I am now sat with a bottle of bacardi and needed something to go with it. Laughing Lost my shoe as it floated away and that was one that I was wearing Rolling Eyes Our 4x4 couldn't get anywhere near the van so we had to wade to it and get help from the farmer to get it out so we couldn't kill him then, may do tomorrow though. We've already found the van has damage because of water getting in (soggy side wall and floor under the seats) but have decided to just sit here and enjoy our last nights in it (finish as much alcohol off as possible) listen to the steady pounding of rain on the roof before we ring the insurance company. Laughing There are 3 other vans that must be seriously damaged because of the water.
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:22 pm

what was the reason for not phoning you that or even try to rescue the car/spit/vans Ooops flooded again. 3462454224
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:25 pm

They can't move the vans as they have hitch and wheel locks on them but they could have telephoned everyone to come and move them as they have our numbers. One other person was here when we arrived rescuing their van but only because they had seen a picture on fb and not because they got a phone call.
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

think new home for site and top of hill with a responsible site owners flower
jake001
jake001

Post by jake001 on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:37 pm

This is what you need Helen Ooops flooded again. 184121345 it would solve all your problems Ooops flooded again. 2024858757

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:04 am

What a nightmare, what number is that? affraid Suspect

Seriously, I hope everything is ok and not too ruined.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:58 am

jake001 wrote:This is what you need Helen Ooops flooded again. 184121345 it would solve all your problems Ooops flooded again. 2024858757

I'm going to get one of those next Jake lol! Good news about the cheap awning from fleabay though .......... it doesn't leak cheers well not from the roof but we did have some rising damp. We also had a power cut last night so the site was really dark but luckily the battery works okay. Looked lovely with the moonlight on all of that water. Smile

We've got some cleaning up to do today ...... lots of mud and worms, and were going home for the dehumidifier Rolling Eyes We are one of the lucky ones though, some awnings have collapsed under the weight of water on the roofs and ours isn't an expensive van so not too much of a loss. Third time for flooding this year but this is the worst, we got away without damage on the previous two occasions the Dandy just needed a bit of cleaning up as we were here last time and managed to get it out in time. Thank god we took it home at the weekend and that was only because we are bringing the van home this time ........ the Dandy wouldn't have made it through this lot. Shocked
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm

Well i dont know how i did it but missed this,you must be well and truly ****** off,perhaps a new site for next year as i think the weather will only get wetter over the coming years. Hope every thing cleans up ok and no lasting damage.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 9:21 am

The damage took a couple of weeks to show itself, the floor was affected ..... we had just paid a lot of money to get it repaired too Crying or Very sad

We've been in discussion with the insurance company and although the water was not touching the floor when we arrived it was very close by the time we had taken everything down the argument is that the van was left unattended on a site and not in it's place of storage. We could have said I was there on my own as I had been so many times this season, so couldn't move it sooner as hubby has the wheel clamp keys and hitch lock keys on his key ring and I didn't expect the water to rise at the rate it did. We shouldn't have to tell lies to claim, we have photo's of when we arrived of the van surrounded by water but no where near deep enough to do any damage but then the heavens opened and it filled up fast and I mean fast as the water all ran to the corner we were in. We struggled to get the awning and wheel clamp off as they we're partially under water and then the leveller off and had to wind it down as far as we could and drive over it very carefully pulling it out as we did as we couldn't get it to fully disengage it was almost fully submerged by then ..... it's a milenco leveller you have to wind up but to disengage you give it a thump on the bottom plate to get it off but the ground under it was too soft. No damage was done by this but time was our enemy and even the minutes we struggled made a difference. Even when the farmer pulled it off the pitch he had to drive through the water not knowing how deep it was in places so it could have been then that it was damaged.

I'm not going to name the company as we are still in discussions (one sided really as they don't want to know) we're banging our heads against a brick wall and it's frustrating. Ooops flooded again. 9639063

Make sure you read through your policy thoroughly Twisted Evil

We're not prepared to keep waiting to get the repairs done so it'll be going to the shop again, who knows they may even give it a clean for us too as we've been regular customers. Rolling Eyes

In future I'm going to camp sites up hills.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 08 Aug 2020, 4:03 pm