Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

What have you learnt from this years camping

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

What have you learnt from this years camping Empty What have you learnt from this years camping

Post by mike on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:41 am

I know its not over for dandy campers but wondered if there is anything you wanted to change or add to your dandy for next year,the only thing we will change is our awning habits,i have been and still am a great fan of the dandy awning but we find it a bit much now so are sorting (still) a lightweight porch awning for all but main holidays.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

What have you learnt from this years camping Empty Re: What have you learnt from this years camping

Post by Helen on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 7:08 pm

I'm not changing anything about my Dandy but did learn quite a bit this season:-

After getting very wet on a few occasions I've learnt to always have Welly's in a place that's easily accessible for when we arrive on site and a pair of waterproof pants at hand. It's all good and well having them in the car but if you have to pull everything out and into the wet just to get to them it's a pain!

I've learned I really like the Gallo range of wines the white grenach in particular Very Happy

I also know now that we would like to try a few sites closer to home, you don't need to go a long way to get that relaxed camping feeling and it saves a lot of petrol costs too. I've also stocked up on rock pegs, the ground has been so soggy that even on grass they make me feel safer as the other type just don't hold so well in the conditions we've experienced and in future if a hard standing is available I'm taking it.

The thing that I have been most surprised about is that I don't enjoy going away every weekend just for the weekend, it becomes more of a chore than a pleasure so next year it will be twice per month instead unless of course we have blazing sunshine every week in which case I wouldn't mind so much lol!

The biggest lesson I learned is never underestimate weather warnings, flood water stinks to high heaven even when stuff dries Twisted Evil

fearful wizard

What have you learnt from this years camping Empty Re: What have you learnt from this years camping

Post by fearful wizard on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 7:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I bought a movelite awning because i thought it would easy to put up on my own, not when its windy needs two people.
but just came back from the same place and managed to put dandy awning up on my own in the wind.
Which suprised me, think movelight was a waste of money.Pete Sad
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

We've learnt that the campervan with a Dandy and Dandy awning is the perfect combination. Very Happy And it's cheaper to pitch than the campervan with a drive away awning. Wink

Also having two Dandy's, one classic for the classic set up, and one for main holidays and to take the wear and tear, is our idea of heaven, it's worked out better than we even imagined it would.

Finally, sometimes, electric in the summer is good, well this year it was. Rolling Eyes

Who want's to buy an awning, gas heater and alloy wheels?
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:07 am

Helen wrote:I'm not changing anything about my Dandy but did learn quite a bit this season:-

After getting very wet on a few occasions I've learnt to always have Welly's in a place that's easily accessible for when we arrive on site and a pair of waterproof pants at hand. It's all good and well having them in the car but if you have to pull everything out and into the wet just to get to them it's a pain!

I've learned I really like the Gallo range of wines the white grenach in particular Very Happy

I also know now that we would like to try a few sites closer to home, you don't need to go a long way to get that relaxed camping feeling and it saves a lot of petrol costs too. I've also stocked up on rock pegs, the ground has been so soggy that even on grass they make me feel safer as the other type just don't hold so well in the conditions we've experienced and in future if a hard standing is available I'm taking it.

The thing that I have been most surprised about is that I don't enjoy going away every weekend just for the weekend, it becomes more of a chore than a pleasure so next year it will be twice per month instead unless of course we have blazing sunshine every week in which case I wouldn't mind so much lol!

The biggest lesson I learned is never underestimate weather warnings, flood water stinks to high heaven even when stuff dries Twisted Evil

As you know we have a caravan and for two years had it on a season pitch,going every weekend if age or general health meant that was all you could do then great but its not the fun you might expect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 Apr 2020, 8:29 am