Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Helen
littlemisshs
6 posters

Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy.

littlemisshs

Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. Empty Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy.

Post by littlemisshs Wed 10 Oct 2012, 5:34 pm

Hello everyone, I have a pale blue & white Discovery with original sun canopy. Would love an original awning & would consider swapping it with my original sun canopy if necessary. If anyone has one or sees one for sale elsewhere, please let me know. I'm in Lincolnshire but would be prepared to travel (at least in the UK...Lol!) I know it may be a very long wait, but I think it's worth it.
    Many thanks Dandy Campers.
    Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. Empty Re: Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy.

Post by Helen Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:19 am

We enjoy using our sun-canopy for short breaks, we managed for years by just adding two gazebo side panels (they already have velcro loops to hang from the bars so I just added a couple of pegging points to the bottom of each panel ) and a utility tent where all the clutter went. The best bit was still being able to bbq even if it was raining and we sat out most nights with a campfire just outside the canopy and everyone sat under it. If we're having a weekend away with family members we still use that system as you can guarantee the fire will be burning and the wine will be flowing Very Happy
    littlemisshs

Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. Empty Re: Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy.

Post by littlemisshs Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:38 am

That's a really good idea, thanks Helen! Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. 184121345
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 18 Oct 2012, 3:20 pm

We've used a sun canopy before with wind breaks around the edge, it kept things generally quite dry - but don't leave your slippers outside. lol!
    littlemisshs

Post by littlemisshs Thu 18 Oct 2012, 11:50 pm

Thanks Cazz Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. 115684958 I do hope the slipper thing isn't from personal experience, can't imagine anything worse than soggy slippers first thing in the morning! Although my old cat used to leave half a mouse for me to stand on.... pale
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:41 am

Luckily no, it just popped into head whilst I was replying lol.

When I was a kid, our cat used to leave half a mouse or just the nose and whiskers, not nice. What a Face
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:43 pm

I think I saw one on ebay in Louth near me and mike...hang on i'll go and look..

Yeh thought I did

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:48 pm

Not cheap but i guess its worth what they can get.

mike
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:50 pm

mike wrote:Not cheap but i guess its worth what they can get.

mike

I think its hard to put a price on an awning, new I guess they would cost a lot more but they just arent available, I am sure the seller must be open to offers.
    littlemisshs

Post by littlemisshs Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:19 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:I think I saw one on ebay in Louth near me and mike...hang on i'll go and look..

Yeh thought I did

Brilliant, thank you! Had a look, it's a delta awning. Do you know if it will fit my Discovery? Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. 115684958

Post by Guest Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:44 pm

OMG who would pay that price for the awning ? No it will not fit to small
    littlemisshs

Post by littlemisshs Sat 20 Oct 2012, 12:12 am

Graham C wrote: OMG who would pay that price for the awning ? No it will not fit to small

Lol! Well it's a lot better than the alternative, £600 for one from Riva and a whopping £1200 for one made by TVS....gulp! What a Face pale Shame it wouldn't fit.

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 5:57 am

I see well that's not a bad price then if that's the price others are selling then for that much

Post by Guest Sat 20 Oct 2012, 8:23 am

littlemisshs wrote:
    ShaunJUK wrote:I think I saw one on ebay in Louth near me and mike...hang on i'll go and look..

Yeh thought I did

Brilliant, thank you! Had a look, it's a delta awning. Do you know if it will fit my Discovery? Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. 115684958
    Hi no they will not fit but you can get then to fit if you change the way they fit on the sides . I also have Discovery and am picking up a delta awning on sunday that am going to make fit my Discovery
    littlemisshs

Post by littlemisshs Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

Please let me know how you get on, Delta awnings seem to come up more than Discovery/Designers. I'm thinking of making sides for my sun canopy, but if a delta awning can be made to fit then I'd rather do that! Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. 115684958
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 20 Oct 2012, 10:46 pm

littlemisshs wrote:Please let me know how you get on, Delta awnings seem to come up more than Discovery/Designers. I'm thinking of making sides for my sun canopy, but if a delta awning can be made to fit then I'd rather do that! Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. 115684958

Depending on what daft amount of money an awning will cost I was asking TVS about turning a Sun Canopy into an acrylic sided awning and they were looking at about £350 (initial vague Conversation with Graham proprietor of TVS.) It would be lighterweight with the advantage of a PVC roof.

See pictures of my TVS zipped awning: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    littlemisshs

Post by littlemisshs Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:24 pm

Thanks Kevin! Will call them back and ask them about that. The bonus of the TVS awning is the frame is fibre glass, but it seemed an expensive waste as I've already got the frame.
    Scout camp next weekend, will post the pics asap!
    Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. 2702329197

Post by Guest Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:18 pm

Pick the awning up this morning if weather is OK will try and have a play tomorrow and see what's needed to be done will report back when i can with a report
    littlemisshs

Post by littlemisshs Sun 21 Oct 2012, 1:30 pm

Graham C wrote:Pick the awning up this morning if weather is OK will try and have a play tomorrow and see what's needed to be done will report back when i can with a report

Brill, thanks Graham C! Look forward to reading all about it.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 21 Oct 2012, 9:04 pm

littlemisshs wrote:Thanks Kevin! Will call them back and ask them about that. The bonus of the TVS awning is the frame is fibre glass, but it seemed an expensive waste as I've already got the frame.
    Scout camp next weekend, will post the pics asap!
    Discovery/Designer light blue awning wanted to buy or swap for sun canopy. 2702329197

Don't know if he will remember the conversation. I'm dropping off my green awning for the re sowing in of zips and also my Designer awning for two way zips on the vertical zips. The zips for the Designer will work better as doors that way. I'll remind him when I go into the shop.

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 6:54 pm

littlemisshs wrote:
    Graham C wrote:Pick the awning up this morning if weather is OK will try and have a play tomorrow and see what's needed to be done will report back when i can with a report

weather has not be good for me to get out and play with the awning but have send for some new poles that i will need.It will save me nicking from my sun canopy.Also send for some Figure 8 Moulding and some awning beading Just need to send for sum light blue PVC which am awaiting a reply on , So just need some good weather down here in Wales

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:04 pm

Graham C wrote:
    littlemisshs wrote:

weather has not be good for me to get out and play with the awning but have send for some new poles that i will need.It will save me nicking from my sun canopy.Also send for some Figure 8 Moulding and some awning beading Just need to send for sum light blue PVC which am awaiting a reply on , So just need some good weather down here in Wales
    Weather is still not that good here in Wales to sort the awning out , I have done some drawings that i have sent off to a company that am now going to use to make the wings to fit onto the Dart Awning that's going on the Discovery am just awaiting a sample of the Light Blue PVC before i gave the go ahead to make then .
    Sorry all its a Dart awning am going to fit on the Discovery not a Delta awning what made me think it was a Delta awning i don't no old age i think so sorry all

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:07 pm