Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases

Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases Empty Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:16 am

Dear all

Those of you unfortunate enough to know me will realise I didn't actually buy a Dandy to go camping in.
Likewise anyone who knows my choice of motorcycles will realise that while some are satisfied dressing as Power Ranger and unselfishly helping their fellow men as organ donors, I was was more picky. Neither did I want to dress as if I'd just exited a nights fun and frolics at the local gay bar and gone out for a days "cruising" upon my Harley. A machine that turns petrol into noise without any evidence of power whatsoever.
No so sad and lacking is my life that I could only become a worthy human by assuming the most hardcore of personas as the lover of an East European motorcycle. Other portions of the emptiness in my life were later covered over by the PVC that is the very central fetishism of Dandy ownership.

So it can be seen that I can easily empathise with those of low self esteem who want to find a role to immerse themselves within.
Look here to see a new folding camper manufacturer(?) who is is giving us a multiplicity of roles we could immerse ourselves in if only we were to have the right folding camper.

Please watch the film:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now much as I like to wear a dress occasionally I don't think I could find self fulfilment as a flower child of outdoor raves. Though the girl is obviously no youngster. The Mini doesn't look like a Countryman which has a 1200Kg towing limit so this must be one of the ones with an 800Kg limit and the girl with her pre 1997 license towed the camper empty. Ah but that fits because outdoor raves were really big in the early nineties.

Not athletic enough to kite surf or aggressively mountain bike I found little to aspire to in the second or third clips but realise that these activities may appeal to many who are older than you might think. The gentlemen kitesurfing had early onset alzheimer's having brought a semi rigid inflatable with them but forgot why.

The fourth scene of the geriatric old duffer teaching his granddaughter to fish but showing casual disregard to his wife who is going into the early stages of hypothermia while sat outside reading. I can see this scene appealing to many purchasers of this product. If like me you have neither children nor grandchildren fear not. Neither of my good friends Jimmy and Gary were married but both found plenty of young girls to help them drown worms.

Alas because of my status it's the last scene that I both yearn for and am yet denied. I could be that tyrannical and psychopathic parent torturing the children outside to freeze in their pyjamas while we are all sat around in coats.

OK thats enough there is a limit to the amount of drivel I can write, though many of you will doubtlessly disagree. Look through the website. I realise ads will use all sorts of visual imagery but this is an entire website. Where are the facts and details? Some bits of this camper look really good but there is such a lack of information.

The solid sealed (I hope) roof with gas struts.
14" wheels should help it over uneven ground but why 65 profile tyres? On trailer 80 profile normally help with the suspension.
No pictures with an awning.
No mention of what the fabric is. Acrylic to dry off quickly? Cotton canvas? Flax or hemp based canvas for longevity?
It says its uncompromising and robust but the shot where it says that shows it being towed by a Landrover Defender over tarmac
Mind you it also says lightweight and the net weight is 700Kg with a gross weight of 1,100Kg
It also says cabinet mounted refrigerator. Where what I think it means from the internal photos is a refrigerator that you can place on a cabinet.

The price which it doesn't mention is from £10,000 upwards.
This could be a foreign product with history but as nothing is mentioned I'd guess not. Last year Mike ruminated about the cost's of production in China. I would not be surprised if this is a Chinese product, especially as one of the options is leather upholstery and China does lots of cheap leather. This doesn't necessarily make it a bad product but why not say what it is and where it comes from.

After attacking this I don't want to give the jingoistic impression that what I own is the best and that everything including the way it was advertised is better. Maybe it is just a feature of my age but when I contrast this to early Dandy promotion material I despair. Yes we have more options on media now but just every once in a while give the prospective customer some information.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases Empty Re: Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases

Post by Eilis on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:49 am

but it's pretty lol
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases Empty Re: Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases

Post by Helen on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:58 am

The inside is very swish, spotted the fridge sat on top Laughing

we are being sold the dream here

I wonder if when you put it down wet the water pools in the folded tent Shocked

jake001
jake001

Post by jake001 on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 8:52 am

The struts look upside down to me Kevin Twisted Evil
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 5:12 pm

jake001 wrote:The struts look upside down to me Kevin Twisted Evil

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed How could I miss that

Eilis wrote:but it's pretty lol

Thank you Eilis. Completely befuddled as to whether the comment of "but it's pretty" is a mockery of the attitudes of a prospective purchaser or it's taking the rip out of me, perhaps both.
That made me laugh so much I'm crying.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 5:37 pm

actually it was my response lol

i know and recognise the sense of everything you said but tend to look at things in a less practical way

once when gardening with an aunt she said 'pull that weed' and my responce then, as now, was 'but it's pretty' lol

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:05 pm

You would need plastic sheets for a wet pack,didn't like the film wasn't sure if they where selling campers,bikes or boats,all in all not that impressed if i had to have a none dandy camper we already have some great ones, i know miserable old git arnt i Very Happy
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 22 Oct 2012, 11:34 pm

flower I understand your response Ellis but would like to see Mr Tow Itch your home made video of the greatness of the Dandy Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 6:25 am

Caz1960 wrote: flower I understand your response Ellis but would like to see Mr Tow Itch your home made video of the greatness of the Dandy Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224

what an excellent idea Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

I'm always up for a challenge and thought I'd present an homage to the original.

Alas I've cut my legs trying to shave them for the first sequence.

The kitesurfing company has explained that their kites won't lift the required weight. Then made a strange comment about no one having successfully trained a cow to surf let alone kitesurf?

I was thinking about adapting the second scene to zorbing but got told it's £125 to clean it out if I heave.

Then thought about being true to type and doing it as a factual piece.

Wept just found out the cost of 8Hrs high quality video tape (I was going to keep it brief)

Looks like I'll have to knock the project on the head.

Bet the manufacturers are gutted.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 7:20 pm

Tow Itch wrote: I'm always up for a challenge and thought I'd present an homage to the original.

The kitesurfing company has explained that their kites won't lift the required weight. Then made a strange comment about no one having successfully trained a cow to surf let alone kitesurf?

I was thinking about adapting the second scene to zorbing but got told it's £125 to clean it out if I heave.

Wept just found out the cost of 8Hrs high quality video tape (I was going to keep it brief) lol!

Next time we meet up Mr Itch we will make sure we have a video camera. We are sure we can put something together with you in the starring role. Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224
Kimmie
Kimmie

Post by Kimmie on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:42 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Tow Itch wrote: I'm always up for a challenge and thought I'd present an homage to the original.

Wept just found out the cost of 8Hrs high quality video tape (I was going to keep it brief) lol!

Next time we meet up Mr Itch we will make sure we have a video camera. We are sure we can put something together with you in the starring role. Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224

Erm do we pay not to see it ? Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 2792229418
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 6:49 am

i'm stocking up on popcorn in anticipation lol!

Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 8:24 am

They said no one would watch Titanic because it was too long and it made millions at the box office. Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 184121345

We're sat in eager anticipation waiting for the premier lol!
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:21 pm

Mr Itch may be a little camera shy, so this may take a while. lol!

Eilis, don't let your popcorn get out of date!!! Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:38 pm

Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 so that's a yes then Mr Itch Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 1710857839
Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224 Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 3462454224
may be a Blair Witch type project Phoenix Folding Campers As Aspirational Purchases 2792229418
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 2:12 pm

It is pretty. affraid But where's the info, I like prettiness and info. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 04 Aug 2020, 9:03 pm