Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way Empty Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way

Post by mike Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

When i got my 6 from Lorraine it didn't have mains electric but came with a tent type three socket hook up lead,the cable for this was passed out the side of the dandy,i think Lorraine thought the same as me it was a shame to fit white plastic 13 amp sockets to the woodwork,and of course the fact she had never used the dandy may have had something to do with it,she bought another one not long after buying this lol!
    I have been using the cable out the side system for some time and its easy and it works but does let cold draughts in during the colder months.
    The way i have done it i cannot recommend to any one else as ime am not an electrician but i could see no problem using a hook up designed to be used in a tent for the dandy.So if you do follow this please take qualified advice.
    One thing to mention is most of these hook ups are 10amp there are a few 16amp about and they are the best.
    The hook up lead was shortened for me three foot was enough,a hole drilled in the floor under the locker and the cable passed through,then a external socket was attached and this was screwed to a small block of wood which was bolted under the dandy,a slot was made in the locker lid so the cable could pass through without being trapped.
    We are lucky with the 6 the places we wanted power could be reached without leaving extension leads out in the open,if i ever decide to fit 13amp sockets i would just fix the current unit in the locker and plug 3 leads into it giving me power in three different places.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way Empty Re: Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way

Post by mike Mon 04 Jul 2011, 6:34 pm

Just found a 16amp hook up

Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way Empty Re: Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way

Post by Lol and Steve Mon 04 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

Hey Mike,

Your letting my secrets out now, everyone is gonna know for sure now how nuts i am about buying dandy's Embarassed
    (I just can't resist.)

You have done an excellent job there, looks very neat. Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way 1710857839

lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:01 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:Hey Mike,

Your letting my secrets out now, everyone is gonna know for sure now how nuts i am about buying dandy's Embarassed
    (I just can't resist.)

You have done an excellent job there, looks very neat. Dandy folding camper 240v electric the easy/lazy way 1710857839

lol!

Thanks Lorraine, i haven't told any one just how many dandys you had lol!
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:50 pm

Hi Mike,

It is rather embarrasing, it's a good job i'm not loaded or i wouldn't be able to help myself.

Maybe there is some medication i can get. Wink

lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:03 pm

Again new members buying there first dandy without mains will sometimes get them with this type of electrics so i thought i would give this a bump
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:38 pm

After our Christmas meet not having our own EHU lead and piggy backing off Cazz's unit.
    We have just purchased one of these for Phoenix.
    With one of these we won't have to cut out holes fitting sockets etc. Really pleased with it as it has 2.5mm cable, which Mr Itch told us was better at the meet.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:45 pm

Phoenix wrote:After our Christmas meet not having our own EHU lead and piggy backing off Cazz's unit.
    We have just purchased one of these for Phoenix.
    With one of these we won't have to cut out holes fitting sockets etc. Really pleased with it as it has 2.5mm cable, which Mr Itch told us was better at the meet.

Good find the same idea but cheaper Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 14 May 2012, 6:43 pm

After reading a post from Lucie (MRS G ) thought i would give this a bump for new members,just make sure if you do this get a 16amp unit not the 10 amp,

mike
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 08 Apr 2013, 3:12 pm

Bumb
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 16 Sep 2014, 3:49 pm

BUMP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:38 pm