Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

The Hospital Prank Call

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

The Hospital Prank Call Empty The Hospital Prank Call

Post by Tow Itch Sat 08 Dec 2012, 12:49 pm

I saw the very sad news of a nurse involved in the Catherine Duchess of Cambridge hoax call.

There seem to be a number of opinions from the execution of the DJ's concerned to some really harsh comments.

Irreverent and sarcastic as I may appear to be, It does pain me that any person was in a position where they thought the best option was to take their own life. I've tried but I don't posses the words to adequately say more than that.

However lots of comments seem to have been passed without many people listening to the call.

Now like most I know none of the facts regarding this but bear in mind that Jacintha Saldanha was only the nurse who handed the call on to the second nurse who relayed details.
    I might be given to suggest that either there was some terrible trauma occurring in this woman's life already or she may have been given grief by the hospital's administrators.
    I am desperately saddened by the outcome but if that sort of result was ever expected then there would have been piles of bodies in the streets when they used to film Candid Camera.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

The Hospital Prank Call Empty Re: The Hospital Prank Call

Post by mike Sat 08 Dec 2012, 12:59 pm

A quote from the Samaritans this morning stated its very unusual for one thing to cause someone to take there own life,so perhaps what should have been a poor taste but innocent prank came at the wrong time.
    Most would realise that the two guilty parties would never have done it had they foreseen the out come,normally i have strong feelings about things but not so sure about this,prank calls in Australia are a part of every day life it would seem,our thoughts must be with the family and friends of this lady.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 10 Dec 2012, 6:53 pm

this is really an awful situation. I don't understand why people think prank calls etc are funny. Never have.

it may be that there were other things in this lady's life that were causing her unhappiness but as someone who is a registered healthcare professional i know how scary it is when you think that you are facing any sort of disciplinary. You can't just go and get another job if you get struck off. that's your career over.

even though this lady didn't pass along any information she was the only part of the phone call that got played all day and i'm sure that was very frightening, wondering what was going to happen.

while the hospital may have been supportive at first, i recognise that they would have sacked her if they got bad press.

what's truly sad is that 2 children have lost their mother. I have no sympathy for the DJs as this sort of thing is childish and cruel anyway
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:53 pm

Eilis wrote:this is really an awful situation. I don't understand why people think prank calls etc are funny. Never have.

it may be that there were other things in this lady's life that were causing her unhappiness but as someone who is a registered healthcare professional i know how scary it is when you think that you are facing any sort of disciplinary. You can't just go and get another job if you get struck off. that's your career over.

even though this lady didn't pass along any information she was the only part of the phone call that got played all day and i'm sure that was very frightening, wondering what was going to happen.

while the hospital may have been supportive at first, i recognise that they would have sacked her if they got bad press.

what's truly sad is that 2 children have lost their mother. I have no sympathy for the DJs as this sort of thing is childish and cruel anyway

I'm with you on that one. I'm a midwife/ nurse and there's no sympathy if you breach confidentiality. It's your neck on the block, and when this had all died down she wouldn't have been popular.
    I really feel for her family, but maybe there was other stuff going on in her life too. I just hope she's at peace.

Going back to the DJs let's face it they are just puppets doing the stations bidding to make money. I'm sure they now regret every word.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:37 pm