Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

I remember it well

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

I remember it well Empty I remember it well

Post by mike on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 5:52 am

Along with many others

Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

I remember it well Empty Re: I remember it well

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 2:39 pm

A sad loss indeed.
My stupid trivia question on this subject is. Why is Virgil's name the odd one out for Jeff Tracy's sons then yet again it isn't?
jake001
jake001

Post by jake001 on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 9:24 am

Because the real Virgil was normally called Gus Question , just a guess
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 1:52 am

Top prize Jeff Tracy's sons were named after Mercury Astronauts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The show depicts the adventures of the Tracy family, which consists of millionaire former astronaut Jeff Tracy (one of the first men to land on the moon) and his five sons: Scott (pilot of Thunderbird 1 and principal rescue co-ordinator), Virgil (pilot of Thunderbird 2), Alan (astronaut in Thunderbird 3), Gordon (aquanaut in Thunderbird 4) and John (principal duty astronaut on the space station Thunderbird 5) – each named after a Mercury astronaut – Scott Carpenter,[2] Virgil Grissom,[3] Alan Shepard,[4] Gordon Cooper[5] and John Glenn,[6] respectively. Together with Jeff's elderly mother called Grandma Tracy, the scientific genius and engineer "Brains", the family's manservant Kyrano and his daughter Tin-Tin, the Tracy family live on a remote, uncharted island

Though loving the series as a child. The music (March of the Thunderbirds') still either makes the hairs on my neck rise or for me to well up with emotion, I am stuck at the given timeline. How Jeff one of the first men on the moon could have children of suitable age in 2020 something let alone in 2065 is lost on me.
I think this indicates my own personal sadness as much as a failing of the programme.
Kimmie
Kimmie

Post by Kimmie on Sat 29 Dec 2012, 7:20 am

I'm a captain Scarlet and Joe 90 fan flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 10 Aug 2020, 1:42 am