Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+24
Terrytoolpath
Nick
Phoenix
peridot
abc5575
julie72
Nancy
beverley1232010
Maxwelltwo
jake001
Esermalda
Caz1960
naedoot
Kimmie
ChrisP
Cazz
flinstone
ShaunJUK
Helen
navver
alday
Tow Itch
The Admiral
mike
28 posters

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread Empty New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by mike Thu 27 Dec 2012, 10:35 am

A few days early but never mind

It doesn't feel like 12 months since i started the 2012 dandy for sale thread but it is and here is the 2013 thread to post links ect in,a word of caution though last year in the first two or three months as well as good dandys coming up for sale there was quiet a lot of rubbish,i think the owners of bad dandys think they will get them on ebay while there arnt many to choose from.
    There are lots of good dandys out there and quiet a few will come up for sale so be patient until yours comes along.

If your looking for your first dandy then your heading in the right direction,the amount of rain we have who wants to dry canvas on there return home,not me for one.

Last edited by mike on Fri 15 Mar 2013, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread Empty Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by mike Sun 30 Dec 2012, 6:08 am

The first one in this thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread Empty Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by mike Sun 30 Dec 2012, 6:10 am

Is this a dandy 6 ?

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 30 Dec 2012, 6:20 am

Dont know if this is advertised elsewhere

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 30 Dec 2012, 5:18 pm

Dandy discovery,insulated,under floor heater and awning

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 30 Dec 2012, 11:54 pm

mike wrote:Dandy discovery,insulated,under floor heater and awning

That looks a nice one.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 31 Dec 2012, 8:44 am

This one is worth a mention,its in the dandy section on ebay,now i have no idea what it started life as and ime not saying there is any thing wrong with it but its not a dandy as we know them.
    mike[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:57 am

Nine days left so I see it raising more than the £159.00 that is bid so far.
    As they say they have it for sale elsewhere I might consider a quick viewing and offer.
    Delta not insulated but with heater,(?) Dandy awning and lightweight awning.
    In their position I might have kept the lightweight awning for the Destiny they are buying.

Dependant on price, if your paying enough you should get both heater and insulation but if the price was right and I could only have one it would be a heater.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:31 am

It's up for £1,000 on Preloved [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:07 am

Tow Itch wrote: Nine days left so I see it raising more than the £159.00 that is bid so far.
    As they say they have it for sale elsewhere I might consider a quick viewing and offer.
    In their position I might have kept the lightweight awning for the Destiny they are buying.

Dependant on price, if your paying enough you should get both heater and insulation but if the price was right and I could only have one it would be a heater.

Sure ive seen some of these pictures before,not suggesting there is any thing wrong with it maybe its never reached there valuation up to now.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 25 Jan 2013, 11:48 am

mike wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Nine days left so I see it raising more than the £159.00 that is bid so far.

Sure ive seen some of these pictures before,not suggesting there is any thing wrong with it maybe its never reached there valuation up to now.

I sort of know what you mean I got a sense of Deja Vu form it particularly pic 4 looking like archive but on reflection I don't think I was looking properly. I'm not saying I'm some sort of guru but I tend to remember photographs (or more likely I remember the ones I remember)and I've spent hours going through previous for sale photos to check things out when I think I remember stuff. The first thing is the check curtains but then the little plaque above the door finally of course it's been re upholstered.
    Now if you do remember any of these features I bow to your memory.

Once upon a time I asked about writing down details because it's only the stuff on eBay that is stored the items on Preloved or Gumtree disappear into the either. Your preference was not to list details as you like the ad listing to be only be visible to members.

As photos are only visible to members perhaps we might choose to place a few photos on each ad?
    Only thing is I presume it will be a lengthy process of copying the photo and then hosting it as I assume the "Copy image URL" option will mean that the photo on here would disappear at the same time the advert does.(So "Copy image URL" OK for eBay?) Anyone with technical knowledge know about this?

I'll start the ball rolling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 25 Jan 2013, 12:41 pm

Looking again although i feel i have seen them before the one that stands out the most is the awning one and it is a different size to the rest so perhaps its a borrowed Very Happy picture.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:10 pm

Dandy discovery not saying there is any thing wrong here but we have seen a couple of scams on craiglist in the past,if the owner is a member here please post to reassure prospective buyers.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm

mike wrote:Dandy discovery not saying there is any thing wrong here but we have seen a couple of scams on craiglist in the past,if the owner is a member here please post to reassure prospective buyers.

For new members.

An absolute steal if all those things for that price but things on craigslist often are.

Feel free to email but the story goes that the camper are either in the north of Scotland or the owners are out of the country.

Simple bottom line you pay cash when picked up, no bank drafts, western union nor pay pal. No deposits either just cash. Yes they can have it moved from Scotland for less than it costs you in fuel one way. There is always a reason why it needs to be a money transfer actually no. There is never any reason good enough to do a money transfer.
    This is not just Craigslist but can appear on eBay, Gumtree or Preloved.
    See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You get the idea?

Of course this could be genuine, go on send an email nothing lost but be careful!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:21 pm

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:40 pm

mike wrote:Dandy discovery not saying there is any thing wrong here but we have seen a couple of scams on craiglist in the past,if the owner is a member here please post to reassure prospective buyers.

DANDY DISCOVERY 4/5 BERTH FOLDING CAMPER,APPROX 1993 BLUE AND WHITE,FULL AWNING,SKIRTS,GROUND SHEET.FULLY WINTERISED WITH UNDERFLOOR HEATING (NOT TESTED).CAN BE USED ALL YEAR ROUND,THERMABOND DOUBLE SKINNED WITH INSULATION BETWEEN,CAN BE PUT AWAY WET,NO MILDEW OR ROT,NO NEED TO OPEN UP AND DRY.DOUBLE GLAZED WINDOW TO DOOR AND REAR.
    GAS GRILL AND 2 RING HOB,SINK WITH RUNNING WATER.(12 VOLT).
    BATTERY AND 240V FACTORY FITTED MAINS,HOOK UP LEAD.
    WATER CONTAINER,PORTAPOTTI,CAMPINGAZ 36 LITRE ELECTRIC COOLBOX (BOUGHT NEW LAST SEASON).
    FULL SET OF CURTAINS FOR AWNING AND COTTON ROOF LINER FOR INTERIOR.
    INTERIOR IS IN GOOD CLEAN CONDITION.
    NOW FOR THE NIGGLY BITS.SLIGHT DAMAGE TO GAS BOTTLE CONTAINER.(NEVER LET KIDS HELP YOU PUSH).
    DIMENSIONS:302 cms LENGTH x 198 cms WIDTH.WEIGHT 375 kgs UNLADEN.(WE TOW WITH A 1.1 CAR NO PROBL

The bit in red was in another advert could be the same guy but it is craiglist so be careful
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Wed 30 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

This sounds ok for the price but any one after a under floor heater it would be a decent buy if you removed the heater and sold it on.

alday
    alday

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread Empty Dandy on ebay

Post by alday Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:24 pm

cheap dandy on ebay looks good for price.
    navver

Post by navver Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

mike wrote:This sounds ok for the price but any one after a under floor heater it would be a decent buy if you removed the heater and sold it on.

I've seen that picture of it with the plant pots in front before somewhere.

I guess if you remove the heater you end up with a hole in the floor to fill.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

Our old discovery had the heater removed and a plate had been fitted where it had been, the heaters have been fetching silly money Shocked
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 03 Feb 2013, 5:34 am

Four berth with awning.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 04 Feb 2013, 4:38 pm

Another four berth

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 04 Feb 2013, 6:25 pm

mike wrote:Another four berth

He might be a bit mistaken about it being insulated and the awning is non standard. Brown and cream but if anything other than a shed it should be worth it.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:05 am

Dandy 6

Under floor heater and awning,looks like the wardrobe isnt there unless they just leave it out
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:12 pm

New ones on Gumtree

This has been advertised elsewhere for £1,200. Options, it was either overpriced or only me who reads their ads?
    From that ad. It has a dark blue interior. If that is the current Riva one or an earlier transition?
    Key photos so we remember if it does the rounds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:52 pm