Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+24
Terrytoolpath
Nick
Phoenix
peridot
abc5575
julie72
Nancy
beverley1232010
Maxwelltwo
jake001
Esermalda
Caz1960
naedoot
Kimmie
ChrisP
Cazz
flinstone
ShaunJUK
Helen
navver
alday
Tow Itch
The Admiral
mike
28 posters

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 Empty Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:24 pm

julie72 wrote:Yours looks great, I really like the colour as I'm not really sold on the brown ones. I think I may bid and see what happens I quite fancy doing one up to make it how I'd like it inside. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was the colour that caught Mrs P's eye when we bought ours. Have you seen a 6 before? You will be surprised how much room there is in one.
    julie72
    julie72

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 Empty Re: New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread

Post by julie72 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:34 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    julie72 wrote:Yours looks great, I really like the colour as I'm not really sold on the brown ones. I think I may bid and see what happens I quite fancy doing one up to make it how I'd like it inside. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was the colour that caught Mrs P's eye when we bought ours. Have you seen a 6 before? You will be surprised how much room there is in one.

Yes I have one of the brown ones but I just wasn't struck on the colour. Do you find the beds big enough for 2? There's 6 of us so we need the space so an awning would be a must. I've been looking for a while but can't seem to drop on one. I've not got as much to spend on one as I intended to start with so they newer ones just seem to go out of our price range.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 21 Jun 2013, 11:56 pm

We find the size of the bed OK, it is about the same size as the one in Phoenix. We were lucky with Dylan and landed a bargain. You may be lucky too.Smile
    julie72
    julie72

Post by julie72 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 12:02 am

Phoenix wrote:We find the size of the bed OK, it is about the same size as the one in Phoenix. We were lucky with Dylan and landed a bargain. You may be lucky too.Smile

Thanks Phoenix hope so, feel like I've been looking for ages
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 22 Jun 2013, 6:10 am

The beds are wider than on the rear entry Dandys. The 6's beds are 6' 1" by 4' the other Dandys are 6' 4" with one bed at 3' 10" and one at 3' 8".

Probably not what you want to hear but wish I knew you were looking for a 6 there was an early blue and white Lowside Destiny on eBay that didn't get any bids. It was re listed and still didn't get any bids. I did comment on it. 
    Tow Itch wrote:How did this get no bids at all after being listed twice?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Phoenix's 6 does look lovely but the chances of finding an awning for a coffee coloured 6 if this one doesn't have an awning ????????

Prices on Dandys are depressed this year but prices on older 6's always are lower. I don't know if people think that they can't tow them on post 97 licence (You can)

We have not seen pictures of your 6 yet. You could just jazz that up. Cazz Numbers bought a very "individual" 6 with various artworks on the outside she then re did the interior.

Caz1960
    :flower:she is ready for her close up 

put the lining down under the beds save ( hopefully ) the soggy bottoms 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

decal up still waiting for Mr Darcy 

wallpapered only the seating area both sides

kitchen painted 

sons bedroom area still have to do the head and foot boards ( tomorrow's job )

missed the brown bits got dark green velvet to do but cant find the staple gun ( another tomorrow job)

friends bed messy bugger  New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 3462454224  New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 3462454224  New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 3462454224 he has the flowers to make it homely for him New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 3462454224 New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 3462454224  New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 3462454224 

You might have different ideas but you have to admit it doesn't look very brown does it? For walls and the bed ends plastic wrap of the type used for van advertisements is quite cheap if you are looking for different effects.

Saddened at the loss of your avatar we await with anticipation the next in the series of you modelling your weight loss.
    julie72
    julie72

Post by julie72 Sat 22 Jun 2013, 8:15 am

I did see your comment but it was too late Sad

Caz's Dandy looks great inside its the brown pvc I'm not really struck on my other half thinks they look like a turd on wheels. Sorry for anyone that has one that isn't my opinion Smile

I know you're right about the awning too I've probably got more chance of winning the lottery lol.

And as for the avatar I'm not sure where its gone but I'll find it scratch
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 22 Jun 2013, 1:13 pm

Could be a very nice Designer on eBay. The photos are brochure shots but if the description is correct it might be a cracker. No bids yet so I might be tempted to ask for a buy it now price and go viewing. 
    It's in London and limited Dandys appear in the south east. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A 1993 Delta. Insulated, awning, no heater £1,250 or offers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A non Dandy but gets a mention because it is PVC. Also big beds and an electric roof. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  It is American though so check electrics, lights and most of all legal brakes. Also wind up roofs can have issues so see the roof up and down. 

Another non Dandy. Though we have admired these a few times though The Chateu Mobile trailer tent(?) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] don't know if they are being naughty and not putting the canvas up on purpose or they just don't know what they have?  Could be £1,500 plus easily if a few people see it and want it. This is what they look like erected. 

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 22 Jun 2013, 1:32 pm

Classic Dandy alert. very badly advertised. I have phoned up the bloke to tell him what he has and suggest he takes some more photos:

I have no idea what the bar at 45 degrees is and it was no point asking the seller.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sat 22 Jun 2013, 6:34 pm

Tow Itch wrote:Classic Dandy alert. very badly advertised. I have phoned up the bloke to tell him what he has and suggest he takes some more photos:

I have no idea what the bar at 45 degrees is and it was no point asking the seller.
    Could it be one of the first ones Mr Itch?
    The bed handles are the same as Phoenix's.
    The bar at 45 degrees is probably a broken roof support. Theirs are on the outside, ours are on the inside.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 23 Jun 2013, 1:59 pm

The ad for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been pulled I did phone him and suggest that he would do better with more photos and listing it as a Dandy.
    Might cost someone a few quid more but better that then it ending up stripped as a rubbish trailer or taken down to the tip itself.

It's back on as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I might take it with a pinch of salt but I said that the 40+ year old ones were tending to lose their sides and get friable but he reckoned that they were solid.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sun 23 Jun 2013, 4:08 pm

This month's Camping & Caravanning Club magazine has a 1992 Destiny listed in the classifieds. Has full awning and sun canopy also mains electrics and the underfloor heater. It's in Inverness and has an asking price of £1900. If any non club members are interested send me a PM and I'll forward the seller's phone number.

Not from a Dandy but this Esterel kitchen unit might be of interest to anyone undertaking a restoration project - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    jake001
    jake001

New 2013 riva dandy trailer tent and folding camper for sale thread - Page 11 Empty Another front box!

Post by jake001 Sun 23 Jun 2013, 6:52 pm

found via message on YAHOO site, looks OK

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:22 pm

Some brown ones on ebay at the moment and no bids for them the first ends tomorrow and is a cracking looking 5 insulated, heater and awning.

Four and a half that is actually a 5 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one is a four and a half. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:01 am

Late model Designer 2004 with Propex heater [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 25 Jun 2013, 12:58 pm

Designer Light Blue, Awning, Heater, Insulated and Newer design of Kitchen £850.00 ONO [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 25 Jun 2013, 3:16 pm

Tow Itch wrote:Classic Dandy alert. very badly advertised. I have phoned up the bloke to tell him what he has and suggest he takes some more photos:

Phoned Ian today apparently the first Dandys had angle iron frames so that is why the wood panel on the tub is "framed" They didn't have the U shaped pole that lifts the roof so it was just open out the beds and lift the front and rear attaching into the bed side panels. Then the roof was thrown over.
    Ian had no idea what the brackets at 450 are.
    I'll host the photos as I don't think we will see many this old.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

navver

Post by navver Tue 25 Jun 2013, 4:04 pm

So those bars hold the beds vertically as in the photo. That holds the roof up so you can raise the window & door walls. The walls then hold the roof up so you can lower the beds fully, pulling the roof over as you go.

Sounds like there should be a museum somewhere for this piece of Dandy history. Any takers?

Ian started there in 1976 so some 10 years after they started.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 25 Jun 2013, 4:15 pm

Theres another picture

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 25 Jun 2013, 4:44 pm

Think the first dandys where canvas affraid
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 25 Jun 2013, 5:44 pm

navver wrote:So those bars hold the beds vertically as in the photo. That holds the roof up so you can raise the window & door walls. The walls then hold the roof up so you can lower the beds fully, pulling the roof over as you go.

Sounds like there should be a museum somewhere for this piece of Dandy history. Any takers?

Ian started there in 1976 so some 10 years after they started.

I know Ian came after these but I assume he saw the early efforts for repairs or mods or just because It's easy to see a 10 year old Dandy now.
     He said he had no idea about the outside bars then explained that there were no U shaped roof lifting bars on the early Dandys. You just threw the roof over. 
     Sorry so you have seen this done or seen illustrations? Did I miss something in translation from Ian (as I sometimes do) and they were part of the Dandy or it was a popular mod of the times? Think I'd throw the roof over myself.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:14 pm

No I was just surmising that that may be the way of erecting with no roof bars. It seems to me that if the beds are help vertically as in the photo, they do exactly the same job as the roof supports and string. They hold the roof up while the walls are raised.

Maybe they were a forerunner to the roof supports and string or a user mod. Shame the current owner doesn't know much about it.

They do look a bit of a lashup because they seem to be held with string at the bottom.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 26 Jun 2013, 1:05 am

navver wrote:No I was just surmising that that may be the way of erecting with no roof bars. It seems to me that if the beds are help vertically as in the photo, they do exactly the same job as the roof supports and string. They hold the roof up while the walls are raised.

Maybe they were a forerunner to the roof supports and string or a user mod. Shame the current owner doesn't know much about it.

They do look a bit of a lashup because they seem to be held with string at the bottom.

Shame the current owner doesn't know much about it.

Clearing out a dead relatives garage.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 12:34 am

gone now Crying or Very sad
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 27 Jun 2013, 3:30 am

Caz1960 wrote:gone now Crying or Very sad

No it got pulled and relisted as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 3 more days left.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 27 Jun 2013, 8:43 am

Doesn't say what colour it is but the bits of front pvc you can see at the side of the door appear to be blue, so may have been replaced at some time ...... May just be the photo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 5:16 am