Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Long Time Away

naedoot
    naedoot

Long Time Away  Empty Long Time Away

Post by naedoot Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:19 pm

Happy belated New Year to all.

havent been on much with work and other things going on. Eldest daughter accepted into Scottish FA First football academy for girls for 3 yrs, who then dislocates and relocates her own knee cap before xmas What a Face
    Youngest daughter completed an 8 week SFA / McDonalds football training and now going to training for fun 4's

trying to get back to normal.(for me anyway) Smile

well we almost bought a caravan ( please dont shout) and the Dandy was nearly up for sale.

However we have decided to keep a hold and get some work done on her this year and use it a bit more.

Last years holiday was rain for 2 weeks - dry but only thing that let us down was no awning.
    I am determined to get something sorted for this year though.
    SO hunting net for original ( might even find shergar at the sametime), or going for something that can be attached with relative easy.
    therefore I am going to read every awning post on here and see what I can come up with.
    Plan is to measure the size of dandy and look at potential of a caravan one as a start.
    awning is going to be used for hanging up wet stuff, extra space and a wee toilet tent ( to save getting all our clothes on in the middle of the night in the rain).

SO wish me luck ( unless some nice soul want shot of theirs on here )
    and hope to contribute more this year to the forum

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Long Time Away  Empty Re: Long Time Away

Post by Helen Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:45 am

Welcome back Tom,

Good luck sorting your awning out. Long Time Away  184121345 Let us know how you get on and if you find another alternative solution.

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm

Hi Tom, welcome back. Good luck in your awning quest, I hope you get something sorted for this year.

Just matter of interest, we have an Outdoor Revolution Nomad 3 for sale, we're looking for around 100 quids for it as it's only a couple of years old and been used about a dozen times. It's in as good as new condition with ground sheet, 2 berth inner tent, instructions, pegs and carry bag.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:25 pm

Long Time Away  2197500976 all footballers in your clan how proud you must be
    good luck in your quest with the awning I will keep an eye on local rag's for you is yours a 6 ?

naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 7:26 am

Thanks Cazz for that offer , had a look online at that awning. Looks good but going to see how I can get on with fitting of a caravan style one or one of the other style revolution

If any one hears of a 6 awning going for grabs let me know.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

naedoot wrote:Thanks Cazz for that offer , had a look online at that awning. Looks good but going to see how I can get on with fitting of a caravan style one or one of the other style revolution

If any one hears of a 6 awning going for grabs let me know.

The Outdoor Revolution Navigator awning is very similar to ours, it's just bigger with more doors. We do also have a brown Combi-Camp awning for sale, this zips to the trailer tent, but I guess it could be adapted to fit a Dandy. Typically I don't have a pic on this computer, but google will help again, it a Combi-Camp star or 2000 one, (same size - different year) Wink
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:34 pm

Thanks all for the offers, looks like our dandy is up for sale. Will get a post up later. Picking up a caravan tomorrow - so no room for two units at home.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 29 Jan 2013, 8:57 pm

Keep in touch Tom Very Happy

naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:27 pm

Thanks Helen. Well the van arrived today my lovely wife braved Edinburgh and very high winds to get it home.
    It has everything we need for going away, awning etc.
    Needs a clean outside couple of wee cracks in non essential areas that are easy to fix and a service then it's all systems go.
    Dandy is sold to friends sister who will get good use out of it.
    Still will be sad to see her go but needs must and the van was a bargain.
    Will keep in touch as you guys have been very friendly shame we didn't get to any meets but you never know .
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 30 Jan 2013, 8:36 pm

Your always welcome Tom, good luck with the caravan and hope your friends sister enjoys her new Dandy. You know where to send her if she needs any help or tips Very Happy
    naedoot
    naedoot

Post by naedoot Sun 17 Feb 2013, 7:24 pm

Well we are now dandy less , a friends sister and her husband picked her up today. Sad to see it go but know it will be used more by the two of them. They are upgrading from an inferior canvas style .
    Will keep in touch

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 8:38 am