Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Is camping relaxing

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Is camping relaxing Empty Is camping relaxing

Post by mike Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:54 am

A question i struggle with,while camping i feel relaxed and happy,normally i do the site seeing ect at the beginning of the holiday saving the last couple of days for sitting around on the site,i enjoy every moment,but come back ready for a rest lol!.
    The only conclusion i can come to is i rest mentally but tire myself out physically,its not just an age thing i have always been the same.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Is camping relaxing Empty Re: Is camping relaxing

Post by Eilis Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:01 am

one of the reason's i'm tired after camping is putting everything away lol really shouldn't bring as much stuff with me so it serves me right
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:09 am

I seldom find the first day relaxing, first its the packing stuff into the car and wondering what I have forgot and then the Journey ........... will we find where we are going, we do use a Satnav but it doesn't seem to understand we are towing. Shocked then everybody wants to get past you on route, it doesn't seem to matter that they only intend to do 50 miles per hour once in front of you, they just have to get in front because we are towing. Then there is the worry that perhaps the Dandy will somehow fall off the back of the car going around a bend, it never has and we always do a full check before leaving. As we get close to our destination, I watch the tree's to see if its very windy as I don't enjoy setting up in the wind. Evil or Very Mad

Once we arrive we then have the setting up to do, the Dandy is the easy bit for us but we did once get caught out with the suncanopy and a sudden gust of wind. I Do take far too much stuff and it is my own fault but the first day is a bit tiring. I also worry about things far too much and the disasters that I imagine are all in my head. My holiday starts on the first morning on site, we are all set up and had a good nights sleep and then it's the most relaxing thing in the world. I never seem to worry about the return journey home so I must have wound down quite a bit whilst camping in our Dandy cheers
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:13 am

oh yeah i'd forgotten the worry that the dandy is going to fall off so i spend the entire journey watching it in the mirrors hoping it's still there lol then i do get more confident after a while but still keep a close eye on it
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 26 Jun 2011, 8:19 am

So its not only me that doe's that Is camping relaxing 3462454224

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 4:52 pm