Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Camping Weather

The Admiral
The Admiral

Camping Weather Empty Camping Weather

Post by The Admiral on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 8:59 am

We're off to Glastonbury today Very Happy and apart from being cold and a little breezy the weather is looking fairly good which got me thinking....

When you're camping which type of weather would you prefer Cold & Dry or Warmer but Wet?

Obviously we'd all prefer Warmer & Dry but assuming that's not an option (and it hasn't been the last 2 summers) which would people prefer?
jake001
jake001

Camping Weather Empty Re: Camping Weather

Post by jake001 on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:46 am

Dry every time, insulated walls and a Riviera Camping Weather 2618919104 heater work well and although Dandies are famously weatherproof you must go out sometime and the rain will always find a chink in your waterproof armour. What a Face An extra layer will take care of the cold providing it's not "artic" rendeer
navver

Post by navver on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 11:45 am

Always prefer cold and dry; we cana alwaYS WRAP UP WARM.

We hate it when it gets too hot.

With a dog, there really is nowhere indoors to go when it's wet.

Do like the sound of rain on the roof at night though when in bed.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 2:55 pm

You've got me with this question ...... I'd prefer cold and dry so long as I can have a bit of rain each night to listen to What a Face
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm

No wind and no rain after that its all a bonus
peridot
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 9:02 pm

I have no problem with the cold at all, but do find dealing with the rain a real chore when camping.

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 29 Mar 2013, 9:51 pm

I love the sound of rain on the roof when I'm tucked up in my bed at nights, it's only allowed to rain late at night though and must stop before I wake up in the morning What a Face

seems like it's been all or nothing the past couple of years though, it's a long time since we had what I call my perfect camping weather .... warm and sunny all day, warm into the evening with a bit of rain overnight then sunshine before the breakfasts ready the next morning ....... we can dream

last year I was caught out with severe weather on several occasions and it wasn't much fun at the time but I can laugh about it now Laughing
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:28 am

Should be interesting this we have a few members away it will be nice to hear how they get on,Jayne is the one i want to hear from she didn't fancy winter camping so waited till Easter affraid as i always say though if your cold its because you dont have enough heat on,its that simple Very Happy
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:23 am

lol! Ha, ha mike, I did do a little kind of winter camping as we were away in mid November I was cold (Nigel was fine though). However this time I was better prepared we've had the heater on all night I have a thicker duvet and my sleeping bag and a hot water bottle so consequently I have been warm as toast.

Going to be fairly sunny but cold here this weekend and I'm fine with that, we'll just wrap up well and go out knowing we'll have a warm Dandy to come back to Very Happy
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 1:46 pm

Strong winds forecast for Monday so be careful if your taking stuff down then Smile
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Thu 04 Apr 2013, 4:11 am

Christmas 2011 was definitely warmer than Easter 2013. Camping Weather 2618919104 Camping Weather 496639318 lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 09 Aug 2020, 6:56 am