Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Helen
The Admiral
mike
7 posters

Whats wrong with the market

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Whats wrong with the market Empty Whats wrong with the market

Post by mike Sat 20 Apr 2013, 6:14 am

Dandy sales look to be slow with poor prices,dont know if its the late start to the good weather or the economy stopping people changing,we know its not the product as its proved itself over the years.There are a lot of normal trailer tents and folding campers unsold on ebay lets hope its not the market in general the last thing the campsites need is another poor year.
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Whats wrong with the market Empty Re: Whats wrong with the market

Post by The Admiral Sat 20 Apr 2013, 9:26 am

Yes we've noticed that as well, beginning to think we definitely did the right thing in accepting £850 for Minnie last December. I'm watching an absolutely lovely Conway camper as well (friends are interested) its on for £2,500 brilliant condition comes with awning, under bed skirts and bed pods and a Power Mover - it's been on for weeks so its not just Dandys.
    Definitely a buyers market at the moment, which is good for our members on here who are looking, but obviously not for those trying to sell.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 20 Apr 2013, 9:34 am

It has been slow and prices have stayed low ...... whatever the reason it's a bad time to sell and a good time to buy. We were out almost every weekend last year and noticed a big difference in the amount of tents, we counted only 9 one bank holiday when the same time, the same site the previous year had been crowded to the extent that another field was opened up to accommodate them.
    navver

Post by navver Sat 20 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

Easter holiday weather didn't help. Previous years it's been lovely.

I wonder what's happening in the caravan market. Mine sold in 2 days this week for 200 below asking. Are the campers moving to caravans.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 21 Apr 2013, 9:20 am

If they are when they realise what costs a caravan can incur then they'll be back, it is nice to be able to pack away without getting really wet or windblown, and also to arrive without the need to put anything up but the cost of repairs is high should things go wrong and so many things can go wrong Rolling Eyes Dandy's are so simple they don't cost the earth should any repair need doing and they save on petrol too ..... big caravan on a windy day, chuck in a few hills and your petrol consumption shoots up affraid
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 21 Apr 2013, 9:27 am

5 eBay auctions ended yesterday and not a single bid.
    Pollyanna
    Pollyanna

Post by Pollyanna Sun 21 Apr 2013, 10:35 am

The Time Capsule Dandy had several bids on it, but on completed listings it has come up as unsold. They must have sold it out of Ebay listings!
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sun 21 Apr 2013, 11:12 am

Yes I thought that as well, but the others certainly didn't have any bids. I was surprised the brown £800 one didn't sell I thought that looked a really nice unit.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 21 Apr 2013, 11:53 am

Not so much a comment on the market more a wonderment at eBay and bidding. On a day where multiple Dandys don't sell this one had an opening bid level of £700 and was "won" with one bid. Won by someone with no idea of how to bid on eBay? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Silly me. Like so many things on eBay not exactly transparent. It was sold two days earlier (to himself?) to the first bid for £700.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 21 Apr 2013, 1:03 pm

I don't think it's just trailer tents that are suffering .... anything camping in general seems to be going cheaper than a year or so back. I was considering selling some of the stuff we have in the garage because we have double of some things and far too many of others but after looking at the prices things are selling for I think I'll just leave it all in the garage for another year.
    navver

Post by navver Sun 21 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

I think a lot were withdrawn from Ebay because they were scared of the low prices they would go for. Grrrr.... I hate ebay. Why don't they just put them on preloved (for no charge) with a stated price. Let us travel to see them and tow them home same day.

I will probably have to travel 150 to 200 miles each way from Bristol to buy one. On ebay that will be a double journey as I won't bid without seeing. I'd hate to go all that way and then miss it by £10.

It seems to have gone very quiet now like it did after Easter. But it did spring back into life for the May bank holiday. I expect it will be quiet now until the lead up to the Whit week.

It does seem ironic though, how they are all selling in the lead up to a holiday period hoping to get the best price, but inadvertently flooding the market and lowering prices.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 21 Apr 2013, 8:57 pm

What sort of Dandy are you looking for, I know you said a Destiny was too big ?
    navver

Post by navver Sun 21 Apr 2013, 10:53 pm

A designer with sun canopy, underbed skirt, insulated walls, post 95 (modern kitchen)
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sun 21 Apr 2013, 11:15 pm

navver wrote:A designer with sun canopy, underbed skirt, insulated walls, post 95 (modern kitchen)

The 'modern kitchen' came in a bit earlier as my '94 had one (don't know if it was any earlier than that). I think the '95 Designer was the first with the plastic windows in the door and kitchen wall and the 'non-upholstered' hinge on the beds.

Good luck with your search.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 7:10 pm