Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Steam Cleaners

sunflowergs

Steam Cleaners Empty Steam Cleaners

Post by sunflowergs Tue 23 Apr 2013, 8:21 am

In Lidl yesterday i saw Hand Held Steamer cleaners with one or two attachments for £16/£17. I saw a thread somewhere that recommended these for cleaning PVC. I bought some plastic cleaner in a sqeezey bottle for 1.99, i'll let you know how effective it is.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Steam Cleaners Empty Re: Steam Cleaners

Post by Helen Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:20 am

It was Pete (Fearful Wizard) that used one recently, we already have one but haven't tried it yet ..... be good to see some before and after pictures Steam Cleaners 184121345
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 14 Jun 2013, 5:53 pm

sunflowergs wrote:In Lidl yesterday i saw Hand Held Steamer cleaners with one or two attachments for £16/£17. I saw a thread somewhere that recommended these for cleaning PVC. I bought some plastic cleaner in a sqeezey bottle for 1.99, i'll let you know how effective it is.                                                                                                                      

How did you get on with the steam cleaner I have some staining to remove.

New options problem after pressing quote I can't get the cursor out of the quote box.
    sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs Fri 14 Jun 2013, 7:42 pm

I didn't buy a steam cleaner,just solvent and a pack of dish cloths. The solvent has done a good enough job for me. To be honest cleaning and shining is not my idea fun,so 4 hours spent rubbing solvent soaked rags over the dandy is about my limit annually.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:35 pm

Ah I thought the whole idea was that you didn't spend hours with a steam cleaner. Was hoping for someone else's review other than Pete's. After all everything works like magic for him! (Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I couldn't resist it)
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:55 am

Steam Cleaner works very well with loose dirt, mud ect:-
    ground in dirt, a mixture of steam cleaner, to try and loosen the dirt, then cif, then steam cleaner worked well on my cover.
    We had the dandy awning up last week, and that was a fair bit dirtier than the dandy.
    So had a couple of hours cleaning it.
    This time i tried using a mixture of cif with microfiber cloths on the PVC which worked better than just ordinary rags.
    And on the windows of the awning i used a microfiber cloth and just plain water, and they came up nice and shiny (there were water marks on the windows before that i couldn't get rid of now gone).
    Also Helen's suggestion of using silky caravan cleaner on the PVC afterwards gives a nice finish. (But not on the windows)
    Nothings perfect, just a matter of trying different methods until you find what works best for you.
    And my wife says i am very trying. piff,paff,poof. Pete  Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:22 am