Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Helen
fearful wizard
6 posters

RAC Offer Caravan and Camping Club

fearful wizard

RAC Offer  Caravan and Camping Club Empty RAC Offer Caravan and Camping Club

Post by fearful wizard Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:58 pm

Just joined the RAC today, roadside and recovery was £110 and got a years subscription to the caravan and camping club thrown in. Pete Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

RAC Offer  Caravan and Camping Club Empty Re: RAC Offer Caravan and Camping Club

Post by Helen Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:05 pm

They keep giving things to new customers, we've been with them for donkeys years and never had anything we haven't even called them out. I think I should call and threaten to cancel ... the other month it was £50 worth of free petrol .... never know they may just try to hang onto us by offering something nice Laughing I was whining about the petrol offer the same time last month lol!
    fearful wizard

RAC Offer  Caravan and Camping Club Empty Re: RAC Offer Caravan and Camping Club

Post by fearful wizard Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:12 pm

Free fuel offer still on till tomorrow, but a right rig marole to get it 4 installments of 12.50 once every 3 months.
    I was going to get membership of the caravan and camping next week so saved £41 Laughing
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:20 pm

I don't want the fuel offer, I want the C&C offer and I'm happy I didn't phone last month RAC Offer  Caravan and Camping Club 1710857839

I'll let you know how we get on twisting arms RAC Offer  Caravan and Camping Club 3498837457 We wouldn't go without cover because you can guarantee the minute we cancel something will happen and we'll need it Neutral
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:29 pm

Green flag offer a no claims discount
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:32 pm

That may work out better for us as we've never actually used a breakdown service .... we just give them money every month scratch
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Mon 29 Apr 2013, 5:46 pm

When we wanted to add European cover onto our AA membership they wanted an extortionate amount so we changed to the Green Insurance Company. Their European cover was cheaper than AA UK only.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:28 pm

Sounds as though shopping around could benefit us more than the special offers, I was going to join the C&C club so that sounds a good offer to me, we don't go abroad with the Dandy but someone somewhere may be able to offer us a better deal than we currently have. I'll dig out the RAC paperwork and see what we're already covered for then shop around and see what suits us best.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 29 Apr 2013, 7:49 pm

fearful wizard wrote:Free fuel offer still on till tomorrow, but a right rig marole to get it 4 installments of 12.50 once every 3 months.
    I was going to get membership of the caravan and camping next week so saved £41 Laughing

From my own experiences last year it's getting a bit of a rigmarole to get the RAC to attend. If they can avoid attending or find a way to charge they will. For years I was a member of the AA or RAC but if they're in a battle to save money and service is the least important thing I might as well buy the cheapest recovery service or save my money and pay for a tow truck when I need it.

Your advantages re recovery and enhanced recovery are they as good as if you joined the Camping and caravaning Club and got your RAC membership through them?

My love affair with the RAC [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    navver

Post by navver Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:39 pm

I believe the mainstream ones will tow your Dandy home if the car breaks down but not if the Dandy breaks down. C&CC sold cover may cover this.

I have been in the RAC for years and s few years ago went with Direct Line along with the car insurance. Have had the car suspension collapse completely in Weston one dark wet night and had the clutch go. Both times the RAC came out and got me sorted including towing the car & caravan home then taking thecar to the dealer for repair. Both times I was very glad I was in the RAC.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:33 pm

so I really do need to check that we're covered for everything, I want to make sure that whatever we are towing is covered too .... not much point having cover and not being able to ask for help if it's the Dandy that's got a problem.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Tue 30 Apr 2013, 8:02 am

I was told that i am covered for the dandy.
    And if i broke down on the way to the campsite, they would tow us to the site to continue our holiday. and if the car could not be fixed at the end of the holiday they would take us back home.
    Give them a ring Helen to clarify for peace of mind.
    The RAC man also tows a caravan and showed me his camping and caravan card which is different to the standard rescue card. Pete
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:39 am

Johns home at the moment, our card looks like it's standard so he's going to ring them and ask what we are covered for and then try the arm twisting Twisted Evil

Thanks Pete
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 30 Apr 2013, 11:14 am

The offer that's on now only covers for roadside help and recovery, they may not come out if your car doesn't start/breaks down when on a camp site .... at their descretion.

We have the highest level of cover including home start meaning they will come out even if we have a flat battery/tyre whilst on a camp site or at home .... we have apparently been given discounts because of the number of years we've been with them. We also get hotel accommodation for up to 4 nights should we require it and should the car need repairs we get a free hire car whilst our car is being repaired whether at home or away. We can also be taken to our destination or home .... whichever we choose.

The only way the RAC will come out to a caravan or trailer incident where there is no fault with the car is if you are already a member of the C&CC.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 30 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

We moved to mayday through the caravan club all the extras like taken to site brought home after the holiday ect

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 6:14 am