Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Phoenix
Tow Itch
Helen
mike
tribalkev
9 posters

Helloooo to the forum

tribalkev
    tribalkev

Helloooo to the forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Helloooo to the forum

Post by tribalkev Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:39 pm

Pick up the dandy 2moro Very Happy 6hr round journey so breaking the day up with a visit to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]before i pick it up.

Will post pics asap Very Happy
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:48 pm

Good Luck.

Safe trip.

Bet you can't wait. bounce bounce Helloooo to the forum - Page 2 2702329197
    tribalkev
    tribalkev

Post by tribalkev Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:44 pm

Collected the dandy this afternoon, towed the 150miles home no problem, unfortunatley the interior has seen better days as water had ingressed through a hole in the cover over the last few weeks and the seat covers need replacing now.

On the bright side they had forgotten that they had the original awning for it so that was a very nice bonus, needs a fair bit of tidying up but all in all a very good buy for £261.

Summary is all woodwork in reasonable condition, sink has a foot operated water pump fitted, the roof seems to be a winterised roof as is padded for 2/3rds of the roof(all bar the bit that goes over the bed side walls. All tyres(including spare) are in really good condition, almost new i would say. could do with the bed bases replacing along with one of the end bed 1/8th ply sections but all are usable.

One question i have is how do i tell how old it is? I remember reading there is a serial number stamped on the a frame but i cant find anything on the a frame, the only date indicator i can find is on the hitch which is dated 1979, 2 years younger than me Very Happy

The dandy is a plastic bottomed one, the plastic could do with replacing as its split on some corners and has had an attempt at side access lockers fitting at some point in its past. The awning fastens on via poppers that are attached to the outside of the dandy.

Anyway enough waffle heres some pics, more to come as i progress Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by tribalkev on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong pic links)
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:17 am

Getting the awning too was a great bonus. Smile

Replacing the bed bases and ends isn't a too bad a job really. Putting new covers on the cushions will make it your own. Mrs P has just made some new ones for Phoenix.

We could not find a number on Phoenix's A frame and we rubbed that down to repaint it. The one on our 6 Dylan is very faint so if someone has painted the A frame it might be under there somewhere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:26 pm