Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Can you watch it without cringing?

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Can you watch it without cringing? Empty Can you watch it without cringing?

Post by Helen Mon 27 May 2013, 4:48 pm

Just found this and as I have a bad fear of heights found myself cringing and covering my eye's with my hands, to get the full effect maximise the video ...... in the end I couldn't watch any longer so didn't see her get back onto the roof ...... these people are nuts if they do this for fun!

and another

Esermalda
    Esermalda

Can you watch it without cringing? Empty Re: Can you watch it without cringing?

Post by Esermalda Mon 27 May 2013, 6:47 pm

affraid affraid yup! I stopped watching at 1:26 minutes just after she turned a corner. My adrenaline levels were sky high. Nope not my idea of fun. Can you watch it without cringing? 9639063 Can you watch it without cringing? 9639063 now, where's that wine bottle.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 27 May 2013, 7:00 pm

I went back to it and watched the last bit as she got back and had to get over the wall and found it even more heartstopping than the walking around the first corner Laughing

This is a nice one to watch and nothing to do with cringing or heights

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 27 May 2013, 7:42 pm

No the first one wasn't good. I remember twenty odd years ago sitting at a roof bar in a hotel in Greece. Isn't the interweb lovely I can find a picture of the hotel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

However the glass balustrade was lower then, only just over a metre and it was a metre or so from the edge of the roof. I had a sort of strange compelling desire to step onto the other side. Always had a strange relationship with high places since.

The glass horse video. Am I just showing my age, can anyone remember the glass trinket shops on the front at Blackpool. Can you remember watching people make these? Is it still going on now?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 27 May 2013, 7:46 pm

For a long time any real height and I had a strong desire to jump ..... I have no idea why but as I've aged I now freeze and I mean freeze, nothing will move no matter how much I will it too.

I remember watching someone make a glass tower when I was a child ...... presume it was in Blackpool, they also made little glass bird cages and I was fascinated
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Mon 27 May 2013, 8:47 pm

The pier at Brighton had lovely glass ornament makers. Don't know if they are still there. In fact not sure about the pier either. Spent hours watching them, never enough money to buy, though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 9:14 am