Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Helen
fearful wizard
6 posters

Underlay for breathable groundsheet

fearful wizard

Underlay for breathable groundsheet Empty Underlay for breathable groundsheet

Post by fearful wizard Tue 28 May 2013, 12:27 pm

I have bought a revolution breathable groundsheet at a good price 450m-250m from the Range for £24.99
    Do i need a breathable underlay? or would i be better spending my money on something else.
    It would protect the groundsheet.
    Just wonder what other forum members do. Thanks Pete Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Underlay for breathable groundsheet Empty Re: Underlay for breathable groundsheet

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 12:54 pm

I just use a breathable groundsheet, we have a really nice fiamma one and it annoys me that it gets mucky but a good hose down when it gets home and it's as good as new but I am considering also using a cheap tarp underneath it to save so much cleaning.

The best groundsheet we have is the original pvc Dandy one, it makes a massive difference to condensation in the awning ..... but it kills grass affraid
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Underlay for breathable groundsheet Empty Re: Underlay for breathable groundsheet

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 28 May 2013, 1:16 pm

Helen wrote:I just use a breathable groundsheet, we have a really nice fiamma one and it annoys me that it gets mucky but a good hose down when it gets home and it's as good as new but I am considering also using a cheap tarp underneath it to save so much cleaning.

The best groundsheet we have is the original pvc Dandy one, it makes a massive difference to condensation in the awning ..... but it kills grass affraid

Wouldn't a PVC groundsheet be really slippery?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 1:45 pm

Your right there Shaun, we have a mat that we put at the entrance so we can wipe wet feet before going in there, I did a lovely impression of a not so elegant ice skater once ...... not just me John's done it too. The pvc groundsheet also gets hot so no chance of bare tootsies in hot weather. We have a rug/runner that we put inside and it really helps.

You can see the pvc groundsheet in this photo, it matches your awning Laughing it really does stop any damp air rising inside the awning so we do use it if it's only for a 3 night stay ...... the grass survives that long, any longer and we use the breathable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 28 May 2013, 1:49 pm

The PVC one helps cut down condensation in the awning too.
    navver

Post by navver Tue 28 May 2013, 2:05 pm

We had a breathable ground sheet in the caravan awning. It was very good. Nice and warm to stand on and surprisingly dry. It got wet if the ground became waterlogged and we'd get little puddles on top of the sheet.

When we lifted, it the grass would be perfect underneath, except for where we had placed things on the ground sheet like a mat or peg bag etc.

When we got home we put it in the washing machine and it came up like new again.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 3:15 pm

never thought of putting the breathable one in the washing machine, ours is a tightly woven one with a stripe pattern ..... the muck gets into the weave so we hose it then scrub it with the yard brush whilst it's flat before putting it over the washing line to hose again and leave it there to dry off.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Tue 28 May 2013, 3:48 pm

Hi Helen. not worried about it getting dirty, just wondered about sharp stones etc: damaging the underside.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 3:50 pm

Is it one of those rubbery ones with square holes in ? I always wondered how tough they would be with chair and table legs.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Tue 28 May 2013, 3:53 pm

Its an outdoor revolution tread light, its closely woven.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 3:57 pm

I know the ones you mean, we looked at one but it wasn't stripy and I've wanted stripes for so long lol!

The fabric felt as though it would be fairly tough wearing.
    fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard Tue 28 May 2013, 4:01 pm

yep and good price at £24.99
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Tue 28 May 2013, 4:06 pm

We inherited a breathable groundsheet with Olivia, with a plastic sheet to put underneath it to protect it and keep it clean. Trouble with that is it negates the breathable aspect but as we're on hard standing a lot of time these days that doesn't matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:59 pm