Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
mike
ujohn
6 posters

Insure my DANDY

ujohn

Insure my DANDY Empty Insure my DANDY

Post by ujohn Wed 29 May 2013, 4:31 pm

Can any one tell me which insurance company is a good one to go through to insure my DANDY 4 Berth 1970s. Also which is the best Club to join Caravan or the Camping and Caravanning?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Insure my DANDY Empty Re: Insure my DANDY

Post by mike Wed 29 May 2013, 4:47 pm

ujohn wrote:Can any one tell me which insurance company is a good one to go through to insure my DANDY 4 Berth 1970s. Also which is the best Club to join Caravan or the Camping and Caravanning?

We all favour different insurance company's,mine is the caravan club which is £1000 for the dandy £500 for contents £650 hotel costs and 2.5 million lol! public liability and it cost me £53,some company's will not cover older dandy's like ours.

mike
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Wed 29 May 2013, 6:49 pm

mike wrote: 2.5 million lol! public liability

I might sue you next weekend for something if your there
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 29 May 2013, 6:49 pm

I've used caravanguard for a long time .... can't remember if they will insure something of your Dandy's age, they do mine and I've been with them for years ..... it's up for renewal soon affraid When we first got our Dandy we joined the Caravan club and insured through them because the previous owner did but we didn't use anything apart from the insurance which is why we didn't bother joining again and used Caravanguard for insurance instead. I know the contents of our Caravan are covered but I don't think we managed to get the contents of the Dandy insured via caravanguard ....I'll have to check, we may take a look at the Caravan club again Rolling Eyes

The Caravan and camping club would be my preference for clubs Insure my DANDY 2716414575
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Wed 29 May 2013, 7:22 pm

I insured ours through the Camping & Caravanning Club 'Clubcare' scheme last week.

It was £52 for the options I selected. It's worth playing around with the options. In my case use of security devices made no difference whatsoever to the premium however I bet if the camper was stolen and there weren't in place the policy would have been void.

Selecting a higher excess made a big difference in cost and, as the only think I'm likely to be claiming for is total loss, it made sense to avail of this saving.

navver

Post by navver Wed 29 May 2013, 7:47 pm

We use Caravanwise for insurance. have done for years. Have found the easy to deal with as it seems to be the same lady answers the phone every time and she knows who you are straight away. No call centres or telephone menus there.

We paid £85 for ours but the dandy is £4000 so maybe thats why its high. When I insured the dinghy online I found that insurance went up for every £1000 step.

As for club, see what you can get from them regarding breakdown cover. RAC etc will not respond if the fault is with the dandy. If the car breaks down they will recover you and the dandy but if the dandy breaks down they will not. It is ossible for a dandy to brek down, any fault with wheels, puncture, brakes, hitch, suspension etc.

One or both of the clubs may arrange breakdown cover for you including a fault with the dandy.
    ujohn

Insure my DANDY Empty Thanks

Post by ujohn Thu 30 May 2013, 11:13 pm

Hi, Thanks for all the helpful information you have given to me. You might be interested to know that as I am a RAC member I asked them how much it would cost to add my Dandy to my cover, which is already quite extensive,they quoted me £36 per annum UK only. On the insurance front I am reading the fine print of the polices that I have revived quotes for. The prices are all very near each other. I am more than likely going to join the Caravan and Camping club. Once again thanks.[justify]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 31 May 2013, 8:54 am

Our RAC cover is extensive too, we had a bit of a debate going on a few weeks ago regarding RAC cover so I rang them to check on what we were covered for ....... I was told to join the C&CC if I wanted to cover what we are towing too, I have both a Dandy and a Caravan. Thanks for the information I'm going to ring them again to see why we were not offered the £36 extra cover ..... then again it may just be as well to join the C&CC as it isn't that much more expensive and you get the benefits of camping discounts too.
    navver

Post by navver Fri 31 May 2013, 7:10 pm

When IO insured mine, I said I was a member of UKcampsite and got 10% off. I think they like you to be a member of a club, probably be more responsible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:11 am