Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne

Endecay
    Endecay

Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne Empty Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne

Post by Endecay Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:16 pm

Can't believe I've not reviewed this place before. We come here approx once a year due to Mrs. Endecay's grandmother and aunt and family living in Folkestone.

The site is pretty good. Good toilets, showers, washing up facilities etc... although wifey does complain each time that the ladies toilets in the shower block can be quite difficult to shut the door once inside. She claims half the problem is down to sanitary bins... I don't really understand.

Site generally clean and the little shop is reasonable although the entirew stock comes from Lidl with a mark up!

As far as things to do is concerned - Dover Castle, Leeds Castle, white cliffs experience, world war II tunnels, samphire hoe, Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch railway, Dungeness lighhouse, NT properties etc... And a perfect place to stop over for a night prior to the ferry or chunnel to the continent.

Cost - we booked 6 nights online and it cost us £109.80 inclusive of a discount. Certainly cheaper than the Warren C+C site in Folkestone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Endecay
    Endecay

Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne Empty Little Satmar

Post by Endecay Wed 04 May 2016, 7:52 pm

Quick update - based on last year's visit and a change of site manager, it's gone downhill a bit.

Less friendly, less clean.

Still very ideal for a cross channel trip when you need a quick overnight.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne Empty Re: Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne

Post by peridot Sat 07 May 2016, 11:48 pm

Thanks for the update (and the original review) Endecay.

For the last few years we've had a week in France during October but for various reasons won't be doing it this year.

Absolutely fine as far as I'm concerned (Mrs P. is the Francophile, not I) apart from the fact that the trip more than paid for itself through loading the car to axle-straining limits with enough wine to see us through most of the next 12 months Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne 2607158912

To stave off sobriety I think a booze cruise is called for, and a weekend Dandying in Kent with a quick day trip across the channel is just the plan.

Sponsored content

Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne Empty Re: Little Satmar, Capel-Le-Ferne

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 7:20 pm