Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

anyone for North Wales

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

anyone for North Wales  Empty anyone for North Wales

Post by Helen on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:10 pm

Hi all,

as I couldn't go to Woodhall I'm thinking that it would be nice to meet up with people in North Wales, as it's only an hours drive for us and do-able. I have two options open at the moment, one being Fron farm in Wrexham who have offered to do a discount ..... bear in mind it's not the cheapest site peak season and is a bit out of the way. We also have Dinarth hall at Rhos-on-sea which is basic but an excellent location (close to Llandudno and Colwyn Bay and Conway within striking distance) beautiful scenery and the number 12 bus on the doorstep ...... they have also said depending on how many units wish to go we can have the rally field (no EHU) or we could get a discount on normal prices in the camping field and they charge per person rather than per unit so it would mean single occupancy wouldn't be excessive ....... the larger the group the more the discount would be.  I was thinking perhaps mid August but am just floating the idea at the moment to gauge interest, Bank holidays get very busy at Dinarth so it would be best to avoid  them. Personally I wouldn't mind how many or how few wish to go as the prices at Dinarth are okay anyway for singles or a couple, for kids it's half price but can work out a bit expensive if you have several with you. 

Fron Farm has excellent facilities, it has a food van too plus plenty of playgrounds for the kids, horse riding and a tractor train. Dylan (the owner) takes a no nonsense approach and anyone creating noise after a certain time will be asked to leave the site ...... this is an excellent site for children and the facilities are cleaned throughout the day, there is also cctv on site plus any stray dogs will be rounded up and a £5 release fee will be charged. The owners take a real pride in this site with many choosing seasonal pitches, and several times per year arrange a party in the large barn. Prices are quite high in August with the minimum charge being for a unit, and two people then extra charges for additional occupants and it's a bit out of the way.

This would be like any other get together ..... totally unorganised and do as you please.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

anyone for North Wales  Empty Re: anyone for North Wales

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 8:37 pm

Is this the right Fron Farm? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  though it's not exactly Wrexham.

The right Dinarth Hall? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Signing up might be the wrong thing I tend to be the kiss of death. If it's the site near Colwyn Bay I may be able to organise a days sea fishing for anyone who is interested. A mate used to arrange a boat several times a year but was not well enough for a few years. Following a recent transplant he now has a new lease of life and we were only asking him last week "Dave when are you booking a boat at Colwyn again?"
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 9:02 pm

We could well be interested depending on when in August we're around on the 1st two weekends ie 2nd - 4th and 9th - 11th it's not to far for us to North Wales (although we do prefer EHU).
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 10:00 pm

Yes they're the right sites Kevin ...... we could have EHU in the camping field but not on the rally field
tribalkev
tribalkev

Post by tribalkev on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 1:28 am

Dont want to step on anyones toes as im only a newbie but ive been going to this site for years [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] amazing family run site, allows camp fires, has seen a massive decrease in popularity over the last 2 years, has a off the beaten track riverside camping section ideal for a group camp. its primarily a farm and does camping as an extra.

Just a thought
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 7:37 am

At the moment Bala is too far for me to travel, Bala is gorgeous and if distance wasn't an issue for me I wouldn't hesitate for a second. 

After much thought .... Dinarth is going to be the better option for us, we can have EHU if we wish and still camp alongside those who don't require it and they will section an area of the camping field off for us if several units are going to attend and if it's less we can still do something to ensure we are all pitched together, we've had campfires at this site (off the ground and contained) with no problems.  I'll contact them this weekend and aim for the 9th - 11th of August.
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 15 Jun 2013, 1:07 pm

We're definitely up for it, we can both get the 9th August off work and in fact may actually go down on the 8th (late afternoon) which is our 15th wedding anniversary so we'd get 2 full days there.
sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 7:38 pm

Hi Helen, unfortunately we are heading to cornwall at the dates given,otherwise we would have definately travelled down to rhos. Infact we are heading to Tan Bryn campsite next weekend,which is just a couple of miles from rhos. If a meet was organised for late september and was no more than 2 or 3 hours from home we would be interested.
We have three kids so a child friendly site would be preferable..
    My wife (Fatima) is eager to meet other dandy owners and get some tips on glamping up the interior. 
Hopefully we will meet up soon. regards Graham and Fatima.
Terry Baynham
Terry Baynham

anyone for North Wales  Empty North Wales

Post by Terry Baynham on Tue 18 Jun 2013, 1:19 pm

Now then
Me and April would be up for this but I need to know the dates as definite as I have to book leave and we are a bit thin on the ground at the moment at work. If the 10th and 11th are a go then I see no problem with those. We would also need EHU so would need to be in the field with this facility Question
tribalkev
tribalkev

Post by tribalkev on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 2:31 am

I would be there in a second but im at a festival that weekend Sad

Cheers Kev
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 8:18 pm

I'll book tomorrow for 4 units on electric, if anyone else wants to go I'm sure there will be pitches available and if not then there is always the option of no EHU
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:45 am

if you are interested in this please let me know asap so I can book more pitches, if you don't require EHU then you will still be able to pitch as they are not marked pitches but if you would like to be near those of us with marked EHU pitches ...... let me know because they will rope off the area to accommodate you close to us.

9th and 10th of August is booked for 4 units on EHU, pay on arrival and if you wish to stay longer there is no problem ...... Terry you can still do the 10th and 11th if it's better for you, just let me know and I'll inform them. The normal price is per person, EHU extra but for two people with EHU it's normally £18 per night, if I can negotiate a discount with the site I'll let you know ASAP

Helen & John
Kevin
Jayne & Nigel
Terry & April
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

Helen,

We're intending to go down on Thursday 8th and stay to 11th (3 nights) so could you let then know for us.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 2:55 pm

Will do Jayne anyone for North Wales  184121345
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm

I'm trying really hard to get Eilis to come with us all, she has tutu's and light up tiara's Twisted Evil and we both already have glow in the dark welly's so we shouldn't get lost at nights. lol! 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:22 pm