Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 Empty Re: August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 1:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 Empty Re: August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 1:49 pm

The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 6:40 pm

Excellent weekend camping, lovely to see some old friends again and to meet new ones.
Brilliant site location, needs some work done on the facilities it has to be said, but that didn't stop us having a great time, it's just a pity because the site could be really really nice if the owners would just spend a few ££££'s

Thanks to everyone for making it such great fun, with special thanks to Jake Helen & John for helping us put the kit up in strong winds on Friday and helping with the riveting. Helen and John today for helping us take it down again in a rather strong breeze Very Happy and Kevin for the use of his compressor to sort out our underfloor heater.

Hope to see everyone again soon

Jayne & Nigel
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 8:10 pm

My mate decided to stay tonight as well. We were just considering what to have for tea. Then it came to us "I Feel Like Chicken Tonight."

With people moving off the sight the chickens get a bit braver.

I was intrigued by Jaynes comments. I thought the facilities were adequate. Cleaned to a good standard daily but with kids and the uncaring a little less than perfect by the end of the day. I actually like sites with patina. Old farm buildings and ephemera do it for me.
It would not suit for us all to be the same.
navver

Post by navver on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 8:13 pm

Oh no you didn't did you. Was it the hammer or the pop rivet gun...
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 8:32 pm

No it was a nail shot out of the compressor. No it wasn't. No I didn't.

Wringing the neck of a bird is the easy part. If you have ever eviscerated a bird you don't fancy tea straight after.

As a teenager I used to clean up in a butchers after school. Dumping meat and bone scraps into an unrefrigerated bin for collection for scotch glue was not fun but Tuesdays held a special terror. Tuesdays were chicken day. An enameled tray full of chicken entrails brought a particular delight to that day.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 12 Aug 2013, 9:00 am

I agree with Jayne to some extent ........ the facilities could do with being updated but are better than some Hatfield water park are awful in comparison, the problem being that there was a large rally on at the time who aren't supposed to use the facilities but did which meant that too many people were using them. I just wear my flip flops when I shower as I do even on sites that have great facilities. Love the location here and the views, this morning the facilities are fine now that the rally has ended and the sites quiet again things stay a lot cleaner.  

Last night we had a game of boules (not sure that's spelt correct) we ended up playing in the dark with Kevin's lights illuminating the game Laughing following the grand final we sat around the fire and Jake started singing ....... great night, I got the giggles Very Happy
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 12 Aug 2013, 9:23 am

This is what the Dandy's look like at night

Our Dandy's brighten things up ..... it's like Blackpool illuminations at night Twisted Evil 

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 12 Aug 2013, 9:32 am

April in action ..... haven't got a clue what Jake was doing scratch 

The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 12 Aug 2013, 11:26 am

Helen wrote:I agree with Jayne to some extent ........ the facilities could do with being updated but are better than some Hatfield water park are awful in comparison, the problem being that there was a large rally on at the time who aren't supposed to use the facilities but did which meant that too many people were using them. I just wear my flip flops when I shower as I do even on sites that have great facilities. Love the location here and the views, this morning the facilities are fine now that the rally has ended and the sites quiet again things stay a lot cleaner.  

Last night we had a game of boules (not sure that's spelt correct) we ended up playing in the dark with Kevin's lights illuminating the game Laughing following the grand final we sat around the fire and Jake started singing ....... great night, I got the giggles Very Happy
Don't get me wrong guys, I did like the site, the location and views are great, which is why I think it's such a shame that its let down by the facilities. All the reviews I've read on various sites say much the same thing, great site location etc but... so they are potentially losing quite a bit of business as well.

Glad you all had a fun time last night shame we had to go home but unfortunately as I didn't win the lottery (again) I've had to go to work!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 12 Aug 2013, 7:18 pm

No worries Jayne, I agree they need updating and have done for years ....... we don't come for the facilities here lol! 

I'm already looking forward to the next time we all get together August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 184121345

Kevin was the last away today around five, it seems a little bare along this row now there is only me & John and Terry & April. The Dandy's fascinated quite a few people ...... some have had them and wish they still did.
jake001
jake001

Post by jake001 on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 3:41 pm

Here is one with Helen in it for a change August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 1710857839
jake001
jake001

Post by jake001 on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 3:44 pm

[quote="Helen"]April in action ..... haven't got a clue what Jake was doing scratch 

Bowling an off-break of course Laughing
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:51 pm

We had a lovely night out ...... went to the Indian restaurant and we all really enjoyed it, walk along the sea front then back to sit outside the Dandy's .......... we had such a great night and were so comfy inside our lovely Dandy we both woke up this morning and decided to cut our losses with the caravan and sell it Twisted Evil  we then spoke to a lady we know to say we are going to sell and she's interested as she knows just what we've had done to it. Very Happy 
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:05 pm

Thanks for the photo Jake, I'm that busy snapping away that I'm never on any Laughing  I'd love to know what April said to John to provoke that expression lol! 
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:28 pm

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:30 pm

View from our window
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:31 pm

FOOD nom nom nom

manchestercamper

August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 Empty Serendipity

Post by manchestercamper on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 1:01 am

Hi
My wife and I went to a camping and caravan meet in a camp site in colwyn bay. as usual they all spent there nights in there caravans
watching there TV's.
As we entered the site we saw a line of dandy's. our Destiny would have been better there than amongst the rows of tin tents.
We spent a very enjoyable evening talking and socializing with the dandy people.
This was very serendipitous as we did not know you were there.

Thanks to Helen for the welcome and tow itch for the tilly lights

we would love to come out with you in the future thanks for the welcome.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 1:53 am

manchestercamper wrote:Hi
My wife and I went to a camping and caravan meet in a camp site in colwyn bay. as usual they all spent there nights in there caravans
watching there TV's.
As we entered the site we saw a line of dandy's. our Destiny would have been better there than amongst the rows of tin tents.
We spent a very enjoyable evening talking and socializing with the dandy people.
This was very serendipitous as we did not know you were there.

Thanks to Helen for the welcome and tow itch for the tilly lights  

we would love to come out with you in the future thanks for the welcome.
How brilliant that you were there and met everyone Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 9:13 am

Lovely to meet two more Dandy Campers than we expected, your welcome to join us any time .......... your Destiny is lovely Very Happy 

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 4:20 pm

Johns been up to the walk in centre and also had an x-ray ...... had an appointment with the GP for Monday but was in quite a bit of pain today. Turns out it isn't his back that's the problem he has Trochanteric bursitis and will probably need a steroid injecting ...... he also has stronger painkillers.

The good news is that he won't be going to work for a while longer yet August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 2792229418 August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 2792229418 August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 2792229418 

apparently we're about to have another heatwave August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 2618919104
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 5:44 pm

Helen wrote:Johns been up to the walk in centre and also had an x-ray ...... had an appointment with the GP for Monday but was in quite a bit of pain today. Turns out it isn't his back that's the problem he has Trochanteric bursitis and will probably need a steroid injecting ...... he also has stronger painkillers.

The good news is that he won't be going to work for a while longer yet August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 2792229418 August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 2792229418 August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 2792229418 

apparently we're about to have another heatwave August Dandy Meet - Colwyn Bay - Page 4 2618919104
Hope he is ok,give him our best.

mike
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 6:20 pm

John says thanks Mike, we're going to have some tv time ...... laze around and watch DVD's while he rests it up a bit, he was feeling better but probably aggravated it yesterday. The heatwave that's predicted wouldn't have been much fun for him working in a foundry What a Face 
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 7:33 pm

manchestercamper

I did intend to come across on Sunday and have a nosey say hello but when I returned from what started off as a short walk you had gone. If I remember correctly you were deliberating a further camp in Yorkshire? Hope all went well there.
As for the Tilley Lanterns you missed the LED worklights from Aldi floodlighting the boules (Pétanque) tournament on Sunday evening.

I'm puzzled we seem to have all the difficulty in the world organising meets. Yet this is the 5th time I've been away with people from this forum and I've had a thoroughly wonderful time, each time. No doubt it's the rest period needed by the people I inflict myself on that reduces the frequency of our camps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:22 pm