Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

side board hinge

bedwok
    bedwok

side board hinge  Empty side board hinge

Post by bedwok Mon 05 Aug 2013, 9:48 am

Hi does anyone know where I can get a side board hinge for a designer. Riva is currently closed and I need one this week if possible !
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

side board hinge  Empty Re: side board hinge

Post by Tow Itch Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:33 am

Knew there was a thread on this  http://www.dandycampers.org/t1570-dandy-hinges?highlight=Strap+Hinges

Quite a few people found difficulty finding a replacement but threebears found these people [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Even buying hinges from Dandy was problematical. The hinges on my Dandy had holes in line but the replacements sent were offset to each other. (Or vice versa) So check your hinge if you can. A re drill will work as the pop rivets still deform enough to hold.
    bedwok
    bedwok

Post by bedwok Mon 05 Aug 2013, 6:06 pm

Thanks tow itch your a star and thanks threebears for putting the link up in the 1st instance. I think mine are in line too so hopefully thats what i will get as i dont want to be drilling new holes in such close proximity to the original holes.
    vaughny

side board hinge  Empty replacement side board hinge

Post by vaughny Thu 10 Jul 2014, 11:23 am

Hi all, back from a wet Glastonbury with the dandy still intact, we had a fab time despite the weather and the dandy held up to all Glastonbury (and the kids) could throw at it. Glad I held out for one with an awning which was priceless.

We are going to fix up the two pieces of box section and take Dolly Smile out again later in the summer.

I am however after a replacement hinge for the side wall. its really rusted through and come apart on the hinge. Read an old post on here suggesting ironmongery online but the holes look to be inline, i need offset and don't really fancy re-drilling new holes.

I contacted Riva and the ones they have in stock are inline, I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get an offset one?

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 10 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm

vaughny wrote:Hi all, back from a wet Glastonbury with the dandy still intact, we had a fab time despite the weather and the dandy held up to all Glastonbury (and the kids) could throw at it. Glad I held out for one with an awning which was priceless.

We are going to fix up the two pieces of box section and take Dolly Smile out again later in the summer.

I am however after a replacement hinge for the side wall. its really rusted through and come apart on the hinge. Read an old post on here suggesting ironmongery online but the holes look to be inline, i need offset and don't really fancy re-drilling new holes.

I contacted Riva and the ones they have in stock are inline, I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get an offset one?

As stated when I fitted some they were different from the originals. I think I opened up the metal to the rear to get it to align to the holes in the hinges, there was enough spare metal on the compressed pop rivets for it to work.
    If you absolutely must get offset hinges these are 6.4mm wider will need cutting down lengthways and won't align if the current offsets are a mirror image of each others but it's all I could find.  http://www.bmghinges.com/public_html/show_pic.cgi?image=174-window-backflap-ls.jpg&k1=Hinges&k2=174%20Window%20Backflap%20Hinges&k3=workout29

Can someone else find the original?

N.B. This has been merged with the last thread on this subject as it was easier to link that way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 7:24 pm