Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet Empty Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet

Post by mike on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

Woodhall never started as a meet it was a post by nickb and vicki to say they where going to woodhall would any one like to join them,I for one am very pleased we did go,apart from meeting nick and vicki for the first time it was a great little none meet Very Happy it was a smashing site but i think Helen is doing a site review,the weather was fantastic.
Woodhall itself is a lovely town,very picturesque and very wealthy,this can be seen by the houses and hotels,its only about a hour away from me so i have spent many a happy day there.
We did a lot of chatting in the sun and a BBQ on Saturday night and a lot of good humoured fun,for those that stayed i think the open air heated swimming pool is on the agenda for today,and probably another visit to the cake shop cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just dont know how the VW sneaked in,yes i do its was nicks friend enjoying his first night in a VW camper

vessey44
vessey44

Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet Empty Re: Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet

Post by vessey44 on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:15 pm

It was a dandy meet wasn't it?? Why let VW's come Very Happy

Was good to meet you all and hopefully ill see you again soon in a Dandy...We've already been looking
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet Empty Re: Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet

Post by mike on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:21 pm

vessey44 wrote:It was a dandy meet wasn't it?? Why let VW's come Very Happy

Was good to meet you all and hopefully ill see you again soon in a Dandy...We've already been looking

I didn't like you when you just had a VW camper if you get a dandy as well i will really hate you lol!

Welcome to the dark side as we used to say,a quick sniff of pvc and you will be a happy camper cheers cheers cheers
carl
carl

Post by carl on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:23 pm

i have to smile to my self when i was looking at pic No4
reminds me a lot of myself just take the trailer cover off and throw it in a heap with excitement leave it there till time to pack up
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:28 pm

carl wrote:i have to smile to my self when i was looking at pic No4
reminds me a lot of myself just take the trailer cover off and throw it in a heap with excitement leave it there till time to pack up

I wouldn't drop any one in it so ime not telling you it was Eilis lol! it was the first time she had used her awning,just a little exited Very Happy
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

Great meet and like the pics.Matt glad to see you on here with the dandy bug.Your T25 would suit one on the back.
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:10 pm

My awning was chucked up worse than that and im sure it was inside out aswell

Emma does have her heart set on a dandy now
carl
carl

Post by carl on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:28 pm

vessey44 wrote:My awning was chucked up worse than that and im sure it was inside out aswell

Emma does have her heart set on a dandy now
Sorry not talking about the awning
look at the back of the trailer there in a heap is the trailer cover
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:13 pm

Glad everyone had a good time, the photos are lovely. What's the name of the campsite Mike as it looks/sounds very nice and we are always on the lookout for good sites.
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:24 pm

Petwood Caravan Site in Woodall Spa
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

We have arrived home and I can honestly say I had the most relaxing laid back weekend. The site was spectacular and I will put some pictures in the review section.

Thanks everyone for making it such a lovely time. Hope to see you all soon.

I will post some more over the next few days but we have to unpack yet
lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:55 pm

I loved our first meet and although I only managed 2 nights I can honestly say I feel like my batteries have been recharged. It was lovely to see Eilis, Mike and Nancy again and to find Nick and Vicki are exactly as I had imagined and I laughed a lot and really enjoyed the company. It was nice to meet Matt and his family too.

We didn't take half the house with us and only used the Dandy and utility tent but as the weather was so good it worked great.

The local bakery is the best I have been too and we did walk down the street eating a sausage roll each on recommendation from Vicki and they were so good we went back and got half a dozen more. Shocked

I even had a nice present when I got there as vicki had made me a carpet for my Dandy and the colour is perfect, pity I didn't get a photo of it but I will next time.

I now cant wait for the September meet. Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 1912976309

Nicks Dinner, he likes some strange things

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:20 pm

We ended up having a curry night Last night and it was so good. Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 2170595768
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:28 pm

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time, I'm quite jealous that we couldnt join you, still looking forward to the September meet. Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 2792229418
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:50 pm

Nice pics Helen,we have been in the pool today it was very warm.

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:01 pm

NickB wrote:Nice pics Helen,we have been in the pool today it was very warm.

Awwwwww the Dandy swim team was go when I had gone Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 2829330259

Have a lovely time and a safe journey home, See you both soon. x

Lol and Steve
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:57 pm

Ooh i am jealous too.

A lovely pool to swim in and curry (dandys and curry are my favourite things.)

What were you eating Nick... it looks like baby octopuss' legs/tenticles or whatever they are called. No

Whatever it was it is probably really good for you i bet.

I can't even bring myself to eat cockles or even fish (any fish) i can't stand the smell, and especially after what my uncle told me is in them (he ran a fish shop for donkeys years.)

It looks like you all had a brilliant time and the weather was very kind to you.

lol!
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:17 am

Yes lol it was octopus it was meant to be mixed seafood salad but as the shop assistant couldn't bring herself to look at it when putting it in the pot I ended up with mostly tentacles.Its the last scorcher today,eilis is off this morning then it just leaves us.We are off to Kinema in the woods tonight,air museum tomorrow and Lincoln city Thursday,then off home Friday :-(
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:34 am

I wish we could have stayed longer, it is nice to pack away dry but not when the weather is as lovely as it was yesterday and knowing the rest of you are staying. No

Next time we are staying longer and would love to go to the Kinema in the woods and possibly eat in at the little indian from where we got the take away. Thanks for originally asking if anyone fancied joining you Nick, it was fantastic. Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 115684958 funny how it turned out to be our first Dandy Campers Meet Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 1710857839
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

It was great and we enjoyed the company,now looking forward to September meet,thanks to everyone who joined us this time.:-)
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 3:24 pm

mike wrote:
carl wrote:i have to smile to my self when i was looking at pic No4

I wouldn't drop any one in it so ime not telling you it was Eilis lol! it was the first time she had used her awning,just a little exited Very Happy

that's so very true, didn't give it another thought until i packed up today Very Happy

loved having the awning up and that's just reminded me to get off the forum and get to argos to get that utility tent before the offer ends Exclamation
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 6:44 pm

Pleased to hear you are both home safe and enjoyed the meet as did Nancy and I,not long until September now as i said hope to get to the site and take a few pictures to post on the thread.

mike
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 05 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

NickB wrote:It was great and we enjoyed the company,now looking forward to September meet,thanks to everyone who joined us this time.:-)

I had an amazing time and laughed so much at Vicki's stories on monday night i thought i was gonna have a stroke lol was great fun and so looking forward to september Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 1710857839 Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 1710857839 Woodhall the first meet that wasnt realy a meet 1710857839
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 06 Jul 2011, 2:59 pm

Another convert most likely,Janice and Alan from the tent,have sent them a link and had a reply they are now official dandy watchers,so the late night talking and BBQ didn't put them off lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 06 Jul 2011, 3:29 pm

Great News Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content