Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hogging the middle lane

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Hogging the middle lane  Empty Hogging the middle lane

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 9:31 am

It's about time something was done about drivers who sit in the middle lane, when towing it can be really irritating to find someone sat there tootling along and you are stuck behind them because you can't get past .......... from today police have the power to hand out a £100 on the spot fine and 3 penalty points for middle lane hoggers and also the same for anyone tailgating Twisted Evil 

Have you been annoyed whilst towing by hoggers or tailgaters ?
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Hogging the middle lane  Empty Re: Hogging the middle lane

Post by Eilis on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 10:16 am

I often used to drive late at night as the motorway was quieter and came across many middle lane hoggers, bloomin annoying, no problems when towing though
Vandriver
Vandriver

Post by Vandriver on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 12:52 pm

Don't get me started ...... I drive over 1000 miles a week and I've seen more than my share of the middle laners. They think nothing of sitting there and boxing you in behind a truck, whether you are towing or not. My policy now is if I see a car behind that is sat in the middle lane and I need to pull out to overtake, I wait until they are getting close then indicate and pull out and overtake with out speeding up, they either slow down and sit behind me and wait for me to pull in again (why?) or they take a hissy fit and flash their lights and over take me then realising what they are doing, magically go in to the correct lane. naturally I don't do anything unsafe, just enough to irritate those selfish plonkers that think the middle lane of the M62 is theirs and no one else's. Well, you got to do something to liven up the day when Radio 4 is repeating the news and Give Us A Clue for the umpteenth time.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 1:53 pm

Vandriver wrote:Don't get me started ...... I drive over 1000 miles a week and I've seen more than my share of the middle laners. They think nothing of sitting there and boxing you in behind a truck, whether you are towing or not. My policy now is if I see a car behind that is sat in the middle lane and I need to pull out to overtake, I wait until they are getting close then indicate and pull out and overtake with out speeding up, they either slow down and sit behind me and wait for me to pull in again (why?) or they take a hissy fit and flash their lights and over take me then realising what they are doing, magically go in to the correct lane. naturally I don't do anything unsafe, just enough to irritate those selfish plonkers that think the middle lane of the M62 is theirs and no one else's. Well, you got to do something to liven up the day when Radio 4 is repeating the news and Give Us A Clue for the umpteenth time.
I do the same lol also good to meet a fellow radio 4 fan, I love the plays and the archers best Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 3:05 pm

It's irritating at the best of times but when towing you can't use the fast lane so if they're hogging the middle lane then you're just stuck there behind them, you can't undertake which is illegal or overtake by using the fast lane which is also illegal bounce bounce bounce 

We've found driving in different area's brings it's own challenges, in Wales we find that some drivers don't know how to use a slip road to enter and instead of gauging speed and adjusting accordingly ....... they slow down and stop ........ you think they're going to take the passenger side of the car out affraid 

No offence to good Welsh drivers .... you've probably noticed it too lol! 
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

I agree that different areas have different driving habits, here in Suffolk they're not sure how roundabouts work lol
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 4:05 pm

What's a motorway?  Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 

We have roundabouts, they are for turning round when lost aren't they?  Laughing
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 4:22 pm

Phoenix wrote:What's a motorway?  Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 

We have roundabouts, they are for turning round when lost aren't they?  Laughing
Yeah those round things that people swing round any old way lol no d you, when I lived in Germany they didn't have any as they found them so confusing lol
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 11:42 pm

Shocked well if you only have one track to drive around who needs roundabouts, slip roads , box junctions that became a problem in Cardigan they gave us a by pass put in a few roundabouts and box junction the kayos ensued and still does so have patients with us Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 

Im glad to hear the middle lane hogger is in trouble and I don't care if undertaking is against the law I still do it as I am not waiting all day for them to shift Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 Hogging the middle lane  3462454224 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 08 Aug 2020, 12:50 am