Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

August Bank Holiday

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

August Bank Holiday Empty August Bank Holiday

Post by Tow Itch Tue 20 Aug 2013, 11:03 pm

Only a few days away but a last minute trip to the Bhurtpore Inn [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    The appeal of free camping has got to us. Well it's not that free after a few pints in the pub. See a more complete thread in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Good beer one or two reasonable options for trips out. Everyone welcome. No loo facilities when the pub is closed but we may have a spare chemical loo if that is all that is stopping you.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

August Bank Holiday Empty Re: August Bank Holiday

Post by Helen Wed 21 Aug 2013, 5:10 pm

Have a lovely weekend Kevin ...... we can't make this one as we mentioned we have someone interested in our van so have to go there ....... however we will be taking and living in our Dandy as we found it more comfortable Twisted Evil We also have to take our old porch awning as the old chap with the dog and scooter would like it for his van Laughing 
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:44 pm

We're off to The Old Oaks in Glastonbury with friends from Friday - Tuesday.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 28 Aug 2013, 10:04 am

The weather was so good on Monday that we delayed our return until Tuesday. Though getting upat 05.30 Tues was an effort.
    Other friends who you haven't seen joined us for Fri/Sat.
    Saturday was meant to be tea and the quiz at the Cotton Arms in Wrenbury (Some of you may have been) Alas tea would not have been possible unless we had pre booked probably at about 10am. I have never seen the field there so full. Thought it was a rally or something but they were all independent campers. At a flat £10 per tent per night it's very economical for campers.
    So it was back to the Bhurtpore Inn for tea then Dave acting as designated driver for the evening till we returned for drinks to the Bhurtpore. Came 4 points short of the win at the quiz. Boo hiss.
    Saturday we had a stroll into Whitchurch with myself being perplexed at the amount of MZ branded apparel around. Upon discovering it was the AGM of the Riders  Club and they were holding it down the road this made more sense.
    There is a big steam fair in Shropshire on the Sunday and Monday. Spent a very full day there on Sun. More expensive than most cars shows at £12 in it was worthwhile as it was a very full day. Some vehicles I've never seen elsewhere an EMC motorcycle (possibly the one pictured) and a gentleman is refurbishing one of the first BBC colour outside broadcast vans.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you like the odd and unusual it can be almost as much fun wandering around the camping area. We saw a contingent from one of the vintage caravan groups and had a natter and I saw this 70's Bedford motorhome with additional luggage capacity and instantly thought how very Helen.

Perhaps people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and I have a fair bit of my own kit that I transport. Even more after the steam fair.

No the fire isn't burning at white heat. There are now 4 Tilley lamps to illuminate future events.
    One sad loss this weekend was the demise of the much commented on barbecue fan. Bella decided to play with it and while not chewed to death we lost the winding handle. I have asked Chris to keep an eye out for a possible reappearance.
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 9:11 pm

sorry to hear of loss of fan, see link cheers 

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 28 Aug 2013, 9:20 pm

Thank you very much Jake. I shal for the moment wonder about crafting a handle or see if they come back into Poundland.
    If I have access to a 12V battery an air bed inflator channeled through a tent pole is even better. If you fail to use the tent pole they melt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:46 am