Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Any reccomendations in the Dover area?

Sir Henry

Any reccomendations in the Dover area? Empty Any reccomendations in the Dover area?

Post by Sir Henry Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:07 pm

I have business in Dover this month. Rather than suffer through an expensive train journey or an uncomfortable bus ride I prefer to drive there and back by car. However the last time I did that journey in a day it proved to be too much in too little time. To make it easier I'm looking into the logistics of taking the Dandy along and camping nearby for a night or three to make it so much easier.

I'm looking for a nice quiet site within 20 or so miles of Dover town center (EHU optional) with reasonable midweek site fees.

I've checked the forum site map and there's absolutely nothing on it in the whole of the South East.
    sunflowergs

Any reccomendations in the Dover area? Empty Re: Any reccomendations in the Dover area?

Post by sunflowergs Mon 02 Sep 2013, 6:39 pm

Hi.sir.henry....try.uk.campsite.co.uk......they.will.have.all.the.
    sites.around.Dover.covered..We.always.read.the.reviews.before.
    booking.anywhere.and.so.far.they.have.been.pretty.accurate.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Any reccomendations in the Dover area? Empty Re: Any reccomendations in the Dover area?

Post by Caz1960 Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:08 pm

I stayed at Black Horse Inn Dover

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:59 am

I note Caz Numbers suggestion accepts non club members. Not sure on the supplement.

Dear sunflowergs promise I'm not on a mission to contradict your posts. (I note that I said that Alan Rogers is now oned by the Caravan Club)

I do use UK Campsite but I'm more suspect of the reviews. I suspect larger campsites make the effort to get friends, staff and others to post friendly reviews.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] actually list more sites. You have to load Google earth to make it work. This though can be a plus  for sites not listed on UK Campsite as at crowded times the Archiescampings listed sites are more likely to have vacancies.

Archiescampings has nothing like the details of UK Campsite but it is another option.
    Do look on the pictures or other features listed near the "pin" with the phone number as some sites have wised up and posted pictures or links to site details.

Sir Henry. I'm moving this thread over to "Away In Your Dandy or just a day out." it's a bit more suited there.
    sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs Tue 03 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

Tow.itch,..never.thought.you.were..weve.only.been.dandying.6months.and.i.
    recommended.the.sites.we.use.because.we.have.not.been.dissappointed.
    with.there.reviews...Also.we.dont.know.anyone.else.that.camps.so.we.have.to.
    rely.on.info.from.website.sources.
    I.will.have.to.look.at.Archies.website..always.open.to.new.campsite.suggestions.
    Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Tue 03 Sep 2013, 7:11 pm

Archie's has come up with a few from £6 per person per night to £17 per unit (inc. EHU) per night. Will browse more later and decide which to go for. As I won't be in the Dandy most of the time I can do without EHU for the short time I will be just sat in it eating (unless there's a good curry hut nearby), drinking, listening to the radio and reading.

Thanks chums. See you at a meet sometime soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 4:53 am