Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Water pump and tap

Rhubarb

Water pump and tap Empty Water pump and tap

Post by Rhubarb Mon 16 Sep 2013, 10:12 am

I've seen a Dandy I'm interested in but it doesn't have a water pump or a 12v battery. Is it hard to fit a new water pump (I'll need some guidance but I'm pretty practical!)? And do the pumps work on EHU if there isn't a battery?

Water pump and tap Empty Re: Water pump and tap

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 10:42 am

Hi you dont say weather you have already a tap on the sink ? if yes can you see the two wires hanging down from it ? If not you are going to have to get a tap with a micro switch built in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , Or if you have a tap with out a switch you can use a floor switch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you are going to need a pump [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You will need to get some water hose and some wire . Do you have a EHU fitted ? if so does it have a 12 volt step down transformer built in ? If not you are going to have to sort that out , It will have to DC current to run the pump . If you need any more help
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 16 Sep 2013, 11:09 am

Ours runs from a leisure battery and when on ehu it still runs via the leisure battery.

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:38 pm

Then you will not have a problem as long as the 12 volt supply. Simple to wire up here is a simple diagram , Wire from the negative side of the battery straight to pump , Positive wire from battery threw a fuse up to tap. Connect the red wire to one side of the micro switch, Then red wire other from other side of the switch  goes down to the to pump , When you turn the tap on the micro switch makes contact power coming up the red wire then flows threw the switch  down to the pump . Hope this helps      
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Graham C on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Retro
    Retro

Post by Retro Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:50 pm

We have one of these...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No electricity required. Very Happy
    Rhubarb

Post by Rhubarb Mon 16 Sep 2013, 2:58 pm

And what's one of them?! Otherwise I think we might just get hold of a battery and go from there.

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 3:03 pm

Rhubarb wrote:And what's one of them?! Otherwise I think we might just get hold of a battery and go from there.
     That's a foot pump its fits in the floor you connect the pipe from the tap to it the other end goes in the water butt . You use your foot to push in and out and it pumps the water to the tap. When not in use you push it down and turn it and then its flush with the floor
    Retro
    Retro

Post by Retro Mon 16 Sep 2013, 4:39 pm

Yes. A Whale Tiptoe water pump.

More info here... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I originally intended to modernise our orange Dandy and replace the foot pump with an electric one but the foot pump works so well I never bothered.

They seem to sell for about £21 upwards...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 16 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm

We use one of these - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] very similar to the one retro uses. We have it in the cupboard so it can't be seen and ruin the look of the 60's Dandy. Wink 
    navver

Post by navver Mon 16 Sep 2013, 10:45 pm

Alternatively you can have an electric pump and have a foot operated switch or a push button, or an infrared sensor which senses your hand in the sink.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 9:30 am