Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Penguin
navver
6 posters

2001 Dandy Discovery For sale

2001 Dandy Discovery For sale  Empty 2001 Dandy Discovery For sale

Post by Guest Sat 05 Oct 2013, 9:19 pm

Hi am selling my Dandy Discovery trailer tent she is a 2001. She is a 4 birth but can sleep 5 , This model comes with a full Dandy awning and Dandy sun canopy. She is wired for 240v and 12 volt.  Double hob and grill,sink and electric water pump Also fitted with gas struts to the beds which means one person can open it up easy, also custom made bed support brackets .The Dandy has the rare red cushions and curtains , The Dandy is in ex condition with only every having two owners from new and has always be garaged when not in use , The Dandy comes with the roof lining for inside and a divider curtain ,Also has a spare wheel .12 volt strip light. gas bottle The awning is from a older Dandy , The awning has two small splits in the window about 3mm , which has been sealed with tenacious tape you would have to look for then it to see it .I would say the first to see would buy if they are looking for a very nice Dandy and is one of the last made by Dandy email me for more info
    £1600 ono
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you are interested in this Item please ensure you read through to my moderators comments Tow Itch

Last edited by Graham C on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 3:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
    navver

2001 Dandy Discovery For sale  Empty Re: 2001 Dandy Discovery For sale

Post by navver Sat 05 Oct 2013, 9:35 pm

That's a smart looking dandy graham. As I said in your other thread you may get a better price if you wait until early next year around Feb.
    In many ways I prefer the Discovery to the Designer as there is more storage.

Does the settee slide along to the kitchen end so the extra storage box can be fitted the other end to make a better place for the TV.

Post by Guest Sat 05 Oct 2013, 9:42 pm

She is smart one if it sells its sells , yes the storage box can go either end of the dandy, Yes the Discovery has a lot more storage an its the full width of the Dandy .

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct 2013, 8:22 pm

The Dandy is no on Ebay

Last edited by Graham C on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Penguin

Post by Penguin Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:10 pm

Hi Graham

I am interested in your Dandy and considering driving over to Cardiff, but I see you are in Brean Sands this weekend. I was thinking of coming along there, but realised that I wouldn't be able to take it then if I wanted it! Rolling Eyes  I note that your ebay auction ends on 22nd Oct, but I wouldn't be able to get over to Cardiff until 24th October earliest.

So, please can you keep me updated as to how your ebay auction goes please?

Many thanks
    Penguin

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:17 pm

Hi we are there next weekend not this weekend am home tomorrow and Monday ?
    Penguin

Post by Penguin Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:36 pm

Yes, sorry I meant weekend of 19th/20th. I can't make tomorrow I'm afraid and working on Monday. Sorry

Post by Guest Mon 14 Oct 2013, 3:51 pm

Penguin wrote:Yes, sorry I meant weekend of 19th/20th.  I can't make tomorrow I'm afraid and working on Monday. Sorry
    Thanks for the interest in the Discovery hope you find the one you want if i can be of any help just ask away we are all here to help .

Post by Guest Mon 21 Oct 2013, 3:56 pm

NEW PRICE £1350
    Also comes with out side step and Hitch lock

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 7:56 pm

NOW WITH FREE DELIVERY WITHIN 60 MILES OF CARDIFF IF THE ASKING PRICE OF £1350 IS OFFERED DEPOSIT OF £100 TO BE PAID THEN THE REST IN CASH ON DELIVERY
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:33 am

When we moderate a post or thread is normally withdrawn and the poster of the censored comment contacted to see if we have misunderstood the post or the poster might choose to amend their post. Given the nature of this thread  and the parallel eBay auction this moderation is being done on open forum.
    Tow Itch.

Dear Graham your Discovery has been for sale on here for several weeks and that is fine the for sale area  is provided to allow a marketplace area.

I went onto eBay last night to look at Dandys not having been on for a few weeks and was somewhat surprised when I found your Discovery for sale.

For not only was it available as the above auction but it is available as a Buy It Now item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As much as we want to provide a service to members it is also beholden on us to offer a service to new members or at least show a duty of care to them and non members.

As I found out last night eBays tortuous reporting process doesn't allow you to report as a multiple listing an item being sold in an auction but also being offered separately as a Buy It Now item.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to ask what would happen if fifteen minutes before the auction closed there was a better offer on The Buy It Now listing? Or what would happen if ten minutes after the auction closed you were offered full price on the Buy It Now Listing?

I did and do hope that this was an innocent error but I observed you have sold quite a few items on eBay so are not a novice.

I realise that this is probably the first piece of open forum moderating so if anyone feels that I'm out of order in doing this please say so either by PM or by open forum.

Tow Itch
    Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Fri 01 Nov 2013, 1:49 pm

As a long time user of eBay, both as a buyer and as a seller, I am well aware that eBay rules permit placing the same item in different areas of the site. As such there is no advice regarding it being required to be the same kind of auction/BIN/Classified Ad in the same sub-section.

Fortunately for the seller the Dandy has sold for a 'best offer'.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:11 pm

I am also a long time seller and buyer, and you cannot end an auction with less than 24 hours to go so had the buy it now been pressed tomorrow while the auction was still running then someone would have been let down unless steps had already been taken to remove one or the other.  So under the circumstances the question asked was reasonable

Tow Itch wrote:

It doesn't seem unreasonable to ask what would happen if fifteen minutes before the auction closed there was a better offer on The Buy It Now listing? Or what would happen if ten minutes after the auction closed you were offered full price on the Buy It Now Listing?

Tow Itch
    Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Fri 01 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm

Life's like that. Full of disappointments. You just have to get over it and move on.

eg. I 'sold' the same car 3 times on eBay. Each 'buyer' then went silent leaving me with egg on my face and having to reclaim my listing and final valuation fees. I persevered and, after a complex series of deals, came out ahead of the game - just. It could easily have gone the other way and I would just have had to 'suck it up'. In the long run we all want the best price possible for the item(s) we are selling so it only makes sense to go down any available route to achieve this end - short of misrepresentation, lies or other nefarious practices.

Meanwhile: I've got this 'sea view' property in New Orleans for sale - bit of a 'fixer upper' ... Twisted Evil 

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 4:15 pm

well whats been asked by Tow Itch has been answered by others , What i would have done which i did before the best offer was accepted, was to remove the Dandy from the auction listing , I no people would have been let down, I would have removed it anyway with one day left if it had not reached what i wanted for it , and left the bin/offer to run i did put the number of the listing on the auction listing if people did not want to bid, So i did give the people who may of been bidding no they had the chance to make a offer or buy it , in my eyes i feel i had been fair .
    "You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time."

Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Fri 01 Nov 2013, 4:34 pm

In the same vein, but making no accusations:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
    How would all of the people know if they've been fooled?

Example: So-called Free Elections! Be afraid affraid VERY afraid Twisted Evil 
    size_11

Post by size_11 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 4:59 pm

Graham , I did not have any issues with what you did. It was up here and other sites first . So newbies had time to get it. Then you put it on ebay , and once there its open to all. For me buy it now means you are prepared to let it go for X price. If newbies want a cheaper price and take the risk of never getting it then so be it , but if they really want it then offer the buy it now price. I can understand what towbar has said and agree but it was not like you were not being fair. After all as a seller you would want a decent price for it ..
    size_11

Post by size_11 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 5:02 pm

oops sorry tow itch called you towbar ..dam memory !!

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 6:32 pm

size_11 wrote:Graham , I did not have any issues with what you did. It was up here and other sites first . So newbies had time to get it. Then you put it on ebay , and once there its open to all. For me buy it now means you are prepared to let it go for X price. If newbies want a cheaper price and take the risk of never getting it then so be it , but if they really want it then offer the buy it now price. I can understand what towbar has said and agree but it was not like you were not being fair.  After all as a seller you would want a decent price for it ..
    Its my Dandy i can sell it to who ever i want to sell it to and how i sell it is nothing to do with any persons on this site .
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Fri 01 Nov 2013, 6:39 pm

Oh dear, firstly congratulations on your sale and secondly a simple question was asked and I don't think anyone is criticising.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:47 pm